Post: TaiG releases jailbreak for iOS 8 - 8.1.2 | Updated with Mac version
11-29-2014, 09:12 AM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

How to Jailbreak iOS 8.1.1

Step 1: Download the TaiG tool from You must login or register to view this content.. Extract its contents to the desktop

Step 2: Ensure that iTunes is installed and plug your device into your computer and make sure that iTunes recognizes it

Step 3: Restore your iPhone to iOS 8.1.1 (this tool can also jailbreak iOS 8.0, iOS 8.0.2, iOS 8.1)

Step 4: Make sure that Find My iPhone is turned off in Settings → iCloud

Step 5: Make sure that your passcode is disabled in Settings → Touch ID & Passcode

Step 6: Enable AirPlane mode via Control Center

Step 7: Right click on the TaiGJBreak_1006.exe tool and select Run as Administrator, followed by Yes

Step 8: Make sure the TaiG tool recognises your iOS device, uncheck the second box but keep Cydia checked, and then click the green jailbreak button.

Step 9: Let the jailbreak progress until the tool states that the jailbreak is complete (you’ll see a smiley face)

Step 10: Once your iPhone reboots, you should see the Cydia app on your Home screen

Congratulations! You just jailbroke iOS 8.1.1. Easy, wasn’t it?

Mac version for 8.1.2

Video tut

Text tut

Now there is a Mac software tool called PP Jailbreak for Mac that jailbreaks iOS 8.1.2 - but to use it you must be willing to navigate your way through Chinese language screens following the instructions below.

How to use PP Jailbreak for Mac to jailbreak an iOS device with a Mac

First make sure that Find My iPhone and the Passcode lock / Touch ID are disabled.

To turn off Find My iPhone, go to Settings > iCloud and disable the Find My iPhone option. For Touch ID / Passcode, go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, enter your Passcode and select Turn Passcode Off.

Now put the iPhone or iPad into Airplane Mode and connect it to your Mac with a USB cable.

Download the You must login or register to view this content., by clicking the green button and then double click on the ppjailbreak.dmg file.

Note: you may see an alert saying that the app cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer (see below).

To open the file, go to Settings and Security & Privacy, then click on the Open Anyway button.

Now copy the app to your Applications folder.

[img] https://www.phonecruncher.com/siteimage/scale/0/0/389172.gif[/img]

Double-click the PP越狱 app icon.

Uncheck the check box in the bottom left corner of the app window.

Now click on the center button to proceed with the jailbreak.

Finally click on the bottom right button (see below) to start the jailbreak.

Wait until the progress bar completes and the iPhone or iPad reboots. You should see the Cydia app on your home screen.

Congratulations, you are now the proud owner of a jailbroken iOS device!

Thanks to Jimmy for telling me about the Mac jailbreak version.
Last edited by Alt ; 01-19-2015 at 04:20 PM.

The following 12 users say thank you to Alt for this useful post:

ⓙω мσ∂z, FreddieMac, Glittery Penis Skittle, ImGsus, Jimmy, Joel, MODZ4FUN420, Monster-Energy, RatchetBooty, ResistThePizza, Reyz, xkoeckiiej
12-18-2014, 09:01 PM #38
Krypton
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by Alt View Post

Step 1: Download the TaiG tool from You must login or register to view this content.. Extract its contents to the desktop

Step 2: Ensure that iTunes is installed and plug your device into your computer and make sure that iTunes recognizes it

Step 3: Restore your iPhone to iOS 8.1.1 (this tool can also jailbreak iOS 8.0, iOS 8.0.2, iOS 8.1)

Step 5: Make sure that your passcode is disabled in Settings → Touch ID & Passcode

Step 7: Right click on the TaiGJBreak_1006.exe tool and select Run as Administrator, followed by Yes

Step 8: Make sure the TaiG tool recognises your iOS device, uncheck the second box but keep Cydia checked, and then click the green jailbreak button.

Step 9: Let the jailbreak progress until the tool states that the jailbreak is complete (you’ll see a smiley face)

Step 10: Once your iPhone reboots, you should see the Cydia app on your Home screen

I posted this in the shoutbox. I helped Monster Energy and you give me no credit.
12-20-2014, 08:06 AM #39
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by MrMackey View Post
I posted this in the shoutbox. I helped Monster Energy and you give me no credit.

I posted this when it came out..

I don't need to give you credit at all, sorry.
12-20-2014, 02:45 PM #40
Krypton
Climbing up the ladder
I posted this when it came out..

I don't need to give you credit at all, sorry.

Excuse me for being retarded, i did not check the date. I am truely sorry friend. Smile
12-20-2014, 04:34 PM #41
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by MrMackey View Post
Excuse me for being retarded, i did not check the date. I am truely sorry friend. Smile

No worries dude! :p

The following user thanked Alt for this useful post:

Krypton
12-24-2014, 04:15 PM #42
A1
Why You Mad Bruh?
No worries dude! :p

Bro, Can i Jailbreak My iPhone It's On 8.1.2 Software?
12-24-2014, 04:32 PM #43
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by A1 View Post
Bro, Can i Jailbreak My iPhone It's On 8.1.2 Software?

Indeed you can Smile
12-24-2014, 04:34 PM #44
A1
Why You Mad Bruh?
Indeed you can Smile

lol.. i Didn't Noticed the Link og TaiG is For Windows, Is there Any Link For MAC Bro?
01-19-2015, 04:04 PM #45
Alt
Banned
Updated for 8.1.2 Mac version.
01-19-2015, 04:04 PM #46
Jimmy
Supreme

Mac version for 8.1.2

Now there is a Mac software tool called PP Jailbreak for Mac that jailbreaks iOS 8.1.2 - but to use it you must be willing to navigate your way through Chinese language screens following the instructions below.

How to use PP Jailbreak for Mac to jailbreak an iOS device with a Mac

First make sure that Find My iPhone and the Passcode lock / Touch ID are disabled.

To turn off Find My iPhone, go to Settings > iCloud and disable the Find My iPhone option. For Touch ID / Passcode, go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, enter your Passcode and select Turn Passcode Off.

Now put the iPhone or iPad into Airplane Mode and connect it to your Mac with a USB cable.

Download the You must login or register to view this content., by clicking the green button and then double click on the ppjailbreak.dmg file.

Note: you may see an alert saying that the app cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer (see below).

To open the file, go to Settings and Security & Privacy, then click on the Open Anyway button.

Now copy the app to your Applications folder.

[img] https://www.phonecruncher.com/siteimage/scale/0/0/389172.gif[/img]

Double-click the PP越狱 app icon.

Uncheck the check box in the bottom left corner of the app window.

Now click on the center button to proceed with the jailbreak.

Finally click on the bottom right button (see below) to start the jailbreak.

Wait until the progress bar completes and the iPhone or iPad reboots. You should see the Cydia app on your home screen.

Congratulations, you are now the proud owner of a jailbroken iOS device!

Thanks to Jimmy for telling me about the Mac jailbreak version.

Good shit, ben. :p

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo