11-01-2014, 01:13 AM #1
FarSideX
I’m too L33T
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This is what people are talking about when they say the graphics are bad. They are bad compared to past COD/Quake games not just compared to other systems. These are the only two captures I did and locations were just random as the poor quality is through out the game.

The second photo was edited to remove the killfeed, otherwise they were taken with the PS3 built in screenshot so there is no capture degradation.

You must login or register to view this content.
Is that supposed to be a car?

You must login or register to view this content.
If they are not going to make proper textures they could at least turn on the anti-aliasing!

I think they are just seeing how bad of a game they can make and still get people to buy it. If you have not bought this game yet I suggest you pass.

The following user thanked FarSideX for this useful post:

dutch42086
11-01-2014, 09:03 AM #11
matthijscod
Little One
Originally posted by Phantons View Post
It's funny when people think this is how the game is gonna look. <3 anti-piracy measures.

So the game leaked 2 days ago and everybody already plays it, u really think they gonna change anything on the graphics? I thinks this is what we get on last gen.
Last edited by matthijscod ; 11-01-2014 at 02:45 PM.
11-01-2014, 09:44 AM #12
matthijscod
Little One
Originally posted by FarSideX View Post
Open them by clicking the links I guess. I can see them but had to mod the links as it was only showing 720p versions on the 1080 pictures. I didn't want to show resized pictures so the real graphics are shown.

Originally posted by Zombie
You gotta open the images in new tab.

Okay thanks! I was on my mobile, opened them on my desktop and damn i never paid attention to the graphics but i started to see now that this game is ugly... But i will continue playing anyway :p
11-01-2014, 11:46 AM #13
FarSideX
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by ResistTheMods View Post
r u using HDMI LMAO CAUSE THOSE GRAPHICS ARE SHIT!

Yes and they are taken with the built in screen shot function of the PS3, so they are before they even go over the HDMI. My TV saturates the colours more like the other guys pix but these are the unprocessed images.It is more the polygon count and textures I was pointing out.

@TheReturn The car pic still looks like shit on your capture. You can count the polygons they used in the car models FFS.

This has nothing to do with old/new gen hardware. I am comparing it to past COD releases on PS3 and it is extremely bad.

The game still uses the same engine from 1999's Quake Arena (which is fine but limited) so they just spent 3 years on graphics and this is the best they can do!
11-01-2014, 12:10 PM #14
graphics are better lol the built in screenshot function on the ps3 makes the image quality more low i have tried it with many games Smile
11-01-2014, 12:20 PM #15
FarSideX
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by kazzbakkisback View Post
graphics are better lol the built in screenshot function on the ps3 makes the image quality more low i have tried it with many games Smile

The poly count is lower than past CODs. The textures are horrible or non-existent. The lack of anti-aliases has no excuse. Don't be a fanboy, the graphics suck. I never tried the screenshot function before, it actually hides how bad the graphics are.
11-01-2014, 12:26 PM #16
Originally posted by FarSideX View Post
The poly count is lower than past CODs. The textures are horrible or non-existent. The lack of anti-aliases has no excuse. Don't be a fanboy, the graphics suck. I never tried the screenshot function before, it actually hides how bad the graphics are.

im not fanboy of cod lol... ive played the game and the image u posted dont look the same

Only played campaign tho
11-01-2014, 01:05 PM #17
King Sosa
Error… Cat invasion!
It looks a million times better on the ps4
ps4 ftw Happy
11-01-2014, 01:19 PM #18
Same goes for Ghost. I've played Ghost on the PS4 first and then transferred to PS3, and I must say PS4/PS3 definitely has a MAJOR graphics change.
11-01-2014, 04:45 PM #19
poog
Grunt
It was developed for next gen (Current gen), Hence the reason it may look even worse than Ghosts. Old consoles clearly do not have the hardware power for the next generation gaming programs, This game was developed with a new game engine built around new hardware "A game engine is a software framework designed for the creation and development of video games. Video game developers use them to create games for video game consoles, mobile devices and personal computers." Of course the Graphics are going to be terrible/bad on last gen, It's not current. Play a PC or a PS4 then compare them to that you will see a big difference. And they can't just "Turn" stuff on because the older hardware cannot handle it. There is so much memory that can go into a game, I work in Game Engines and such as I'm a Game Arts and Design Major. I really wish people would understand the amount of time and work is put into these games and how hardware and such works instead of bashing it.

The following 3 users say thank you to poog for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, King Sosa, Trashbag12

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo