11-01-2014, 01:13 AM #1
FarSideX
I’m too L33T
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This is what people are talking about when they say the graphics are bad. They are bad compared to past COD/Quake games not just compared to other systems. These are the only two captures I did and locations were just random as the poor quality is through out the game.

The second photo was edited to remove the killfeed, otherwise they were taken with the PS3 built in screenshot so there is no capture degradation.

You must login or register to view this content.
Is that supposed to be a car?

If they are not going to make proper textures they could at least turn on the anti-aliasing!

I think they are just seeing how bad of a game they can make and still get people to buy it. If you have not bought this game yet I suggest you pass.

The following user thanked FarSideX for this useful post:

dutch42086
11-07-2014, 07:48 PM #38
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
Looked at the pictures. I too am laughing, but only at console users. I'm crying with PC users at our lack of dedi servers though. tears
11-08-2014, 03:36 AM #39
read it lol

11-08-2014, 10:29 PM #40
Originally posted by FarSideX View Post
And the engine they use is 15 years old. I don't think it is too much to ask to at least close to the same graphic quality as past releases, that is what I expect.

If you look around the map I took the pictures from some of the car tires have 8 sides, the one in the picture has 16 and is not the worst one. Do you actually believe they did the best that they could? Have you ever played a game on PS3 before? If so how many of them had graphics so bad that car tires only have 8 sides?

Exactly, 2.5 Years ago Crysis3 Came out and I Still think that FPS is MUCH more Manicured than this Newly Released game, its not just the PS3 Limits, Crysis has the same limits and it looks Much better in graphic qualities, there are many games that look a shit ton better on the same system and are older.

The following user thanked Xx_Raymo_xX for this useful post:

Mezzid
11-09-2014, 12:05 AM #41
ResistTheStars
Vault dweller
Why is everyone automatically assuming that the ps4 and xbox one version (which is what counts) is built upon the same engine as all old CoDs. Yes the ps3 version and 360 are built on old engine but they're ports these may be built upon a modified engine due to such advancements made with the engine used for current-gen.
11-09-2014, 07:04 PM #42
FarSideX
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by ResistTheStars View Post
Why is everyone automatically assuming that the ps4 and xbox one version (which is what counts) is built upon the same engine as all old CoDs. Yes the ps3 version and 360 are built on old engine but they're ports these may be built upon a modified engine due to such advancements made with the engine used for current-gen.

They are talking about the game engine, the only change to the game engine since Quake III Arena in 1999 has been bullet penetration. All other changes have been to the graphic and audio engines. To make a new engine and then duplicate an old game on it makes no sense at all, especially financially.

With all the PS4 users saying how great it looks on that system it would be interesting to see pictures of the same locations.

@DesperateAngel I don't know why the forum is not displaying the images as you can right click them and open the image fine in another tab or window.
11-10-2014, 01:23 AM #43
Mawndo
Do a barrel roll!
right click broken image and copy image URL and post in a new tab. I have pirated version on rebug 4.65 and my game looks a lot better in graphics, idk where you got your game from lol
11-11-2014, 02:01 AM #44
Originally posted by FarSideX View Post
This is what people are talking about when they say the graphics are bad. They are bad compared to past COD/Quake games not just compared to other systems. These are the only two captures I did and locations were just random as the poor quality is through out the game.

The second photo was edited to remove the killfeed, otherwise they were taken with the PS3 built in screenshot so there is no capture degradation.

Is that supposed to be a car?

If they are not going to make proper textures they could at least turn on the anti-aliasing!

I think they are just seeing how bad of a game they can make and still get people to buy it. If you have not bought this game yet I suggest you pass.

the care is low poly what do you expect ? proper textures those are compressed and optimized for load times you know decompression on the vram ..... and the aa is fxaa as smaa will probably have to big of a hit on ps3/xbox 360 to even be effective.... lets start by explaning this fxaa on console ps3 and 360 have to use a dumbed down edge detection that has Linear filter for the final pass , smaa uses Linear to sRGB for the final pass to convert the color which i do not think ps3/360 support so the effectiveness of smaa on ps3/360 can be lacking in comparision of performance for what fxaa can offer which is why most games ship with fxaa that can easily be put on a per object shader to render before the UI does so text and ui objects are not effected smaa can do this to btw actually every shader can be made to do this lol
11-11-2014, 02:14 AM #45
Originally posted by ResistTheStars View Post

modded engine or not , the idea behind upgrading a engine is to give more headroom for the hardware to do what it needs to do.Say dx12 had such and such feature your engine doesnt support it you fix the framework so it does and redo redundant coding that isnt needed for old features anymore new engine version using the term modified is stupid when you fix your application your selling do you call it application modified 1.0.91 no you call it application 1.0.91 its still the same engine its just been fixed up to support new things. in IW's case they took something that someone let them use which was great at the time for what was needed and made it their own its nice having something to lay the foundation for you.. btw bioware has several engines based off old ones i dont ever see people on here saying oh yea well its using a modded engine its sooo last year come on guys graphiiiiiccccss resolution jokes aside i hate the majority of users on this site... this isnt directed at you was just going along with what you said and put my opinion
11-14-2014, 01:46 PM #46
BuFu_EVO
Do a barrel roll!
Facepalm LOL

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo