12-05-2012, 08:21 PM #1
ICS Vortex
Between Light and Lies
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); New News/Update: Apparently the 1.04 fixed the server even though they said we were "banned". The 1.04 has fixed the issue for many people. Try to update to 1.04 and see if it works Happy

I called Activision for the sixth time yesterday. The agent asked me for my PSN account and my mac address. I gave them to him and he said that he would contact technical support. I received this email today:

"Hello Nick,

After further investigation I received information showing that the PSN ID "merchantman1" is banned from playing Black Ops II.

Unfortunately there is nothing Activision can do about the account being banned as that is all handled by the developers of the game. Bans for hacking, cheating or other behavior that violates the terms of service are final and will not be discussed. Activision Customer Support will not be able to reverse any ban on your account. For information on what is a bannable offense please check the following:

- Treyarch has a forum thread discussing their ban policy:

You must login or register to view this content.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us again via email or telephone.

Thank you,

Christian A.
Activision Technical Support"
[/i]

I never even played on the account before. I never backed the game up. I never played online before. I never modded "hacked" it. Fuck Treyarch. Fuck Activision. Fuck Call of Duty.

New info:
Don't call them about your account being banned. They won't do anything about it. They will just say sorry for the inconvenience, unfortunately, there is nothing that we can do about account bans.
I asked them if I could contact anyone else about it and they said no.
Banned on a game I never even played on. lol

TLAwesome faceR:
If you can't connect to the servers now, it's official: You're [were?] BANNED
Delete any homebrew on your PS3. Wait 3-4 days. Create a new account or go on an account that has never even started Black Ops 2 and you should be able to play.
Last edited by ICS Vortex ; 12-08-2012 at 01:04 AM.

The following 20 users say thank you to ICS Vortex for this useful post:

|ManiaC|, YouAppreciateMe, Det0x, eddine67, Harry, IvanTheTerrible, Jamaicanmecrazy, James_Bond, KaReM-D, Meatwad, Toke, New York BOY !, Nubz, Jango, Swifter, xKtF, xSoulEdge

The following user groaned ICS Vortex for this awful post:

CryptiK_
12-05-2012, 08:25 PM #2
CTRL
Hurah!
Originally posted by ICS
I called Activision for the sixth time yesterday. The agent asked me for my PSN account and my mac address. I gave them to him and he said that he would contact technical support. I received this email today:

"Hello Nick,

After further investigation I received information showing that the PSN ID "merchantman1" is banned from playing Black Ops II.

Unfortunately there is nothing Activision can do about the account being banned as that is all handled by the developers of the game. Bans for hacking, cheating or other behavior that violates the terms of service are final and will not be discussed. Activision Customer Support will not be able to reverse any ban on your account. For information on what is a bannable offense please check the following:

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us again via email or telephone.

Thank you,

Christian A.
Activision Technical Support
"

I never even played on the account before. Fuck Treyarch. Fuck Activision. Fuck Call of Duty.

I've been telling people since day one that this is a ban!! Oh well shit happens.

The following user thanked CTRL for this useful post:

|ManiaC|
12-05-2012, 08:29 PM #3
ϟ c0rruption ϟ
Certified Ethical Hacker
Fucking assholes. Fuck call of duty is right.

The following 2 users say thank you to ϟ c0rruption ϟ for this useful post:

Agent_LSD, ICS Vortex
12-05-2012, 08:36 PM #4
Default Avatar
WOLF
"Bans will not carry over" my ass. Fucking assholes.

Found out if you delete all of your homebrew then you can play on a sub account though.. Me and ICS can verify..
Still though this is bullshit.
12-05-2012, 08:39 PM #5
TheManDavid
Your mother!
Damn dude, that sucks. Thank god I switched to XBOX. I played PS3 and was permanently banned on BOps 1 so I dont know if that would've banned me on BOps 2 like some people say it has.
12-05-2012, 08:41 PM #6
ICS Vortex
Between Light and Lies
Originally posted by xI
Damn dude, that sucks. Thank god I switched to XBOX. I played PS3 and was permanently banned on BOps 1 so I dont know if that would've banned me on BOps 2 like some people say it has.

Nope, that has nothing to do with it as far as I'm concerned. If you played on an account with homebrew on it (which doesn't even work....), you're automatically banned on that account. I deleted the homebrew, waited 2 days and played fine on a sub account.

The following 2 users say thank you to ICS Vortex for this useful post:

TheManDavid, xSoulEdge
12-05-2012, 08:42 PM #7
Wolfy
Can’t trickshot me!
I dont know until what extent this could be true. I was permanently banned on bo1 for the modded file. I play on the same account for bo2 and everything has been normal.
12-05-2012, 08:46 PM #8
Originally posted by ICS

"Hello Nick,

Thank you,

Christian A.
"

I never even played on the account before. I never backed the game up. I never played online before. I never modded "hacked" it. Fuck Treyarch. Fuck Activision. Fuck Call of Duty.

Same thing happened with me last year on mw3 for no reason.
12-05-2012, 08:55 PM #9
CTRL
Hurah!
Originally posted by XxWOLFxX View Post
"Bans will not carry over" my ass. Fucking assholes.

Found out if you delete all of your homebrew then you can play on a sub account though.. Me and ICS can verify..
Still though this is bullshit.

I will never buy cod game again. I will try out battlefield.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Originally posted by ICS

"Hello Nick,

Thank you,

Christian A.
"

New info:
Don't call them about your account being banned. They won't do anything about it. They will just say sorry for the inconvenience, unfortunately, there is nothing that we can do about account bans.
I asked them if I could contact anyone else about it and they said no.
Banned on a game I never even played on. lol

Did they say if it's account ban and console ban? because since day 1 of game being released I can't use any of my accounts.

The following user thanked CTRL for this useful post:

James_Bond
12-05-2012, 09:00 PM #10
ICS Vortex
Between Light and Lies
Originally posted by imran1980 View Post
I will never buy cod game again. I will try out battlefield.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Did they say if it's account ban and console ban? because since day 1 of game being released I can't use any of my accounts.

They did not say, but it's an account ban.
Delete all of your Homebrew from your console, wait 3 days or so, play on an account that has NEVER started BO2 before or make a new account.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Originally posted by kmanthecaveman View Post
Same thing happened with me last year on mw3 for no reason.

That sucks. I'll tell you, you didn't miss much with MW3, it was shit. Although, I know how you feel: "I don't care if I didn't miss much, I still want to play the damn game"

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo