07-19-2013, 02:44 PM #1
TheJaRniBoi
Why So Serious?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well 3 days ago I received a Cease & Desist letter from Activision informing me to stop:

Uploading Videos of Modded/Hacked/Exploited COD content
Distribute any sort of Tool, Software, Files etc
Sell any modifications or hacks
Share my findings with any user on the net.

I tried to explain to them that other users (no names mentioned) are posting and have been posting the same shit for years and yet there channels are still up so what makes me different. They simply didn't want to listen and went as back as the MW2 modding days to use that as evidence against me. Although they didn't find much lol.

They said the videos of me showcasing the hidden camos was a direct violation and a copyright infringement and that "it could bring harm to the company".

I had numerous conversations with them and their attorneys trying to reason with them but seems like they have a huge ego lol.
However I did make their attorney look like a complete dumbass. When my videos got taken down I asked Activision on twitter and through support if it was a legit takedown and they informed me it was fake. Therefore I filed a counter and got my vids backup. Surely again they took my vids down and it continued to the point where an attorney contacted me. I even showed them footage of an employee confirming the takedowns were fake and yet they still blame me.

Now in the notice they stated that they had contacted me before and that they personally had hand served me. I actually never met or spoke to these fuckers in my life until 3 days ago. So that was incorrect.

On the plus side I'm very proud of myself as a big company had to contact me personally in order to prevent any further damage. I don't know you but I find that funny but also a dam big victory.

With that being said I hope someone comes along and kicks Activision in the balls. Also that I'm am still gonna be active on this site just won't be posting any info, mods etc from now on. I have achieved what I wanted to achieve which was to annoy, harrass Activision and I did. I got a great award "Cease & Desist". I've actually framed the pdf lol.

If you want to read the document you can view it here:

You must login or register to view this content.

The following 18 users say thank you to TheJaRniBoi for this useful post:

:carling:, aerosoul94, BaSs_HaXoR, Bassnecter_, BVBdede, Mythusala, Dman93, F34RSUM, hacxx, Haj, ImSooCool, MLGKitty, rolyat, SMarT, SnaY, SnTsV1_modZ, TheUnexpected
07-20-2013, 12:15 PM #11
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Gaming companies have been doing this for some time. Little shocked they sent you a cease and desist notice over just taking down the videos. Guess legal got a little bored with doing it and decided the nuclear option was better.
Goes to show that copyright laws need to be updated as they are being used, for something different compared to the point of the law.
07-20-2013, 03:03 PM #12
TheJaRniBoi
Why So Serious?
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
Gaming companies have been doing this for some time. Little shocked they sent you a cease and desist notice over just taking down the videos. Guess legal got a little bored with doing it and decided the nuclear option was better.
Goes to show that copyright laws need to be updated as they are being used, for something different compared to the point of the law.

I told them I understand distributing mods and findings on a game like COD is wrong and therefore I will refrain from doing that but I disagree with you taking down my videos. How do my videos cause harm when the reality is on youtube there are and still are thousands of identical videos doing the same thing and therefore my videos should qualify for fair use.

I even told them that those videos provide download links and also text/video tutorials on how to do such hacks/mods whereas for me, I just upload footage of modded gameplay for entertainment purposes and my videos do no contain tutorials or download links to mods or tools especially videos like hidden camos which shows people whats hidden on the actual disk.

so in reality who is doing more harm?
Last edited by TheJaRniBoi ; 07-20-2013 at 03:05 PM.
07-22-2013, 03:47 AM #13
F l e x
Bounty hunter
great, now you can gimmeh me monies back. (y)

The following user thanked F l e x for this useful post:

Novelette
07-22-2013, 03:24 PM #14
Pure NV
Error… Cat invasion!
Originally posted by Desist View Post

On the plus side I'm very proud of myself as a big company had to contact me personally in order to prevent any further damage. I don't know you but I find that funny but also a dam big victory.

The fact that they took such severe action could mean that you were getting close to unearthing something huge; a game breaking glitch/hack.

I guess you should keep exploiting with newfound diligence, you're probably close to something.

Kudos to you
07-22-2013, 03:32 PM #15
ClutchNastii671
★ Eat Clen Tren Hard ★
cool story bro, changed my life.
07-24-2013, 07:37 AM #16
xLew--
Former Staff
Well 3 days ago I received a Cease & Desist letter from Activision informing me to stop:

I tried to explain to them that other users (no names mentioned) are posting and have been posting the same shit for years and yet there channels are still up so what makes me different. They simply didn't want to listen and went as back as the MW2 modding days to use that as evidence against me. Although they didn't find much lol.

They said the videos of me showcasing the hidden camos was a direct violation and a copyright infringement and that "it could bring harm to the company".

I had numerous conversations with them and their attorneys trying to reason with them but seems like they have a huge ego lol.
However I did make their attorney look like a complete dumbass. When my videos got taken down I asked Activision on twitter and through support if it was a legit takedown and they informed me it was fake. Therefore I filed a counter and got my vids backup. Surely again they took my vids down and it continued to the point where an attorney contacted me. I even showed them footage of an employee confirming the takedowns were fake and yet they still blame me.

Now in the notice they stated that they had contacted me before and that they personally had hand served me. I actually never met or spoke to these fuckers in my life until 3 days ago. So that was incorrect.

With that being said I hope someone comes along and kicks Activision in the balls. Also that I'm am still gonna be active on this site just won't be posting any info, mods etc from now on. I have achieved what I wanted to achieve which was to annoy, harrass Activision and I did. I got a great award "Cease & Desist". I've actually framed the pdf lol.

if you enjoy doing what you do, do it. or its looking like activision won Winky Winky

The following user thanked xLew-- for this useful post:

BaSs_HaXoR
09-10-2013, 05:31 AM #17
Well said.
09-12-2013, 12:41 AM #18
04jberry
whoo piece of candy!!!
Well 3 days ago I received a Cease & Desist letter from Activision informing me to stop:

reply to them under section 107 of copyright act i am reporting to users then send them a Cease & Desist letter stating tht you will sue them for harassment if they don't leave you alone lol or to put it plain n simple tell em to go fuck their self they cant do anything, Smile
09-12-2013, 12:37 PM #19
xSOADx
Banana Joe
The problem of activision is the same as the u.s. Gouvernement, they think they are god and the law doesnt count for them.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo