Post: WARNING: New Hotfix Live With Possible Permanent bans [Details inside]
05-14-2012, 05:59 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); hey guys, this is just a quick catch up for what just happened an hour ago, not only me but some of my other friends are getting disconnected from the activision server, we are trying to connect but it gives the familiar error that we had back in early 2011, the error states

Originally posted by another user
"The call of duty: black ops server is not available at this time"

You must login or register to view this content.

please be aware that this hotfix is live in the UK @6:56 GMT on the 14th May 2012 and will go worldwide tonight.

If you have any Modified Eboot's or any config's on the 1.13 update please delete your game update data (on the ps3 xmb) and re-install the 1.13 update to prevent a permanent ban. now's the time to speak up on any mac address bypass ways....

UPDATE: checked the Mw3, Cod4 and CoD5 Activision servers and they appear to be ok, my friends who dont have the configs are still online, its something to do with black ops.

UPDATE 2: It looks like its an account ban, can we get more people to test this on their backup accounts.

UPDATE 3: Another Hotfix went worldwide last week (28th May 2012.) no precise date was acknowledged.

UPDATE 4: It looks like its a temporarily ban (2 days), this means that your 1/3 warning is used, two more and your console banned.

FIX: Create A New SEN ID (PSN) and use that account, the risk is even higher now, you will have approximately 15 minutes before you get banned, this is only temporarily (2 days if possible).

Thanks,
CodGlitcher
Last edited by Uk_ViiPeR ; 05-29-2012 at 06:27 PM.

The following 25 users say thank you to Uk_ViiPeR for this useful post:

ᴠevo, Correy, Cubs, Harry, iLikeTrophys, IzBoogz, Karoolus, L3thaL-, ljjp, Lxndon, Mano257, User23434, Pauly, Press ►, PussayPatrol, RealTimeEditz, redbullmasta, Rip The Jacker, Swampman, TiCiiX, Vampytwistッ, Vectriixx, xViTaLiZex, Xx--AIDAN--xX

The following user groaned Uk_ViiPeR for this awful post:

HotShot01ps3
05-15-2012, 10:08 AM #56
Originally posted by ViiPeR View Post
hey guys, this is just a quick catch up for what just happened an hour ago, not only me but some of my other friends are getting disconnected from the activision server, we are trying to connect but it gives the familiar error that we had back in early 2011, the error states

You must login or register to view this content.

please be aware that this hotfix is live in the UK @6:56 GMT and will go worldwide tonight.

If you have any Modified Eboot's or any config's on the 1.13 update please delete your game update data (on the ps3 xmb) and re-install the 1.13 update to prevent a permanent ban. now's the time to speak up on any mac address bypass ways....

UPDATE: checked the Mw3, Cod4 and CoD5 Activision servers and they appear to be ok, my friends who dont have the configs are still online, its something to do with black ops.

UPDATE 2: It looks like its an account ban, can we get more people to test this on their backup accounts.

FIX: Create a new PSN account, re-assign the save and use that account from now on for modding black ops. its only an account ban so far.

Thanks,
CodGlitcher

Why I was not banned???my stats: 16th prestige,1st of the week on domination 2nd of th month,and 13th ever
05-15-2012, 10:39 AM #57
Originally posted by xMrSuperMoDzZ
Why I was not banned???my stats: 16th prestige,1st of the week on domination 2nd of th month,and 13th ever

not everyone was banned, i dont get that part. around 7 people that i know of now are banned.
05-15-2012, 11:02 AM #58
Default Avatar
STVBDKD
I highly doubt they would ban you for doing the xp lobby mod because the game is 2 years old and activision only control mw3 servers now
05-15-2012, 11:27 AM #59
not everyone was banned, i dont get that part. around 7 people that i know of now are banned.

Fucking 3arc!!
05-15-2012, 11:55 AM #60
tango584
Can’t trickshot me!
i got banned for hosting modded zombies last night and its the first time iv done it lol, guess there will be a new update fix out soon then lol
05-15-2012, 02:45 PM #61
IVI40A3Fusionz
Former Gaming Squad Member
Originally posted by xRoyalFlush
for that, we will attack bo2 servers since 1st day.. LOL

:trollSad Awesome On your own i highly doubt anyone on this site will attack Activisions servers considering the severe consequences that will occur after hours or even days of the attack plus i highly doubt people on this site have the knowledge, time and resources to do something as big as taking down the servers, hacktivist groups such as Anonymous etc maybe they could pull it off and just not get caught.

The following user thanked IVI40A3Fusionz for this useful post:

Vectriixx
05-15-2012, 02:47 PM #62
Default Avatar
Newelly
Originally posted by IVI40A3Fusionz View Post
:trollSad Awesome On your own i highly doubt anyone on this site will attack Activisions servers considering the severe consequences that will occur after hours or even days of the attack plus i highly doubt people on this site have the knowledge, time and resources to do something as big as taking down the servers, hacktivist groups such as Anonymous etc maybe they could pull it off and just not get caught.

doing that will just make it less fun and result in you not been able to rank up or play with friends online No so why would he or anyone else want to be so stupid?
05-15-2012, 02:50 PM #63
xViTaLiZex
You talkin to me?
its a mixture really, only a few people got disconnected, cheatvision was in multiplayer doing xp when i was in zombies, its weird but i cannot simply connect anymore, im on 4.9mb p/s and my connection is fine, its only on black ops and i tried a different account and it worked.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

this news is quite old now, you need to do more than just the saves.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

no problem man, just remind people who have the saves as well, keep the risk low for them.

I've hosted multiple online and private match zombies I'm fine so far well see what happends
05-15-2012, 02:53 PM #64
IVI40A3Fusionz
Former Gaming Squad Member
Originally posted by Newelly View Post
doing that will just make it less fun and result in you not been able to rank up or play with friends online No so why would he or anyone else want to be so stupid?

I'm not the one saying they are going to or should attack the servers, if people from this site attack servers i highly doubt it will cause alot of damage other than a few thousand of dollars in lost maybe? Activision will be able to get the servers back up online quicker than they could if someone from a well organized hacktivist group.

The following user thanked IVI40A3Fusionz for this useful post:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo