08-30-2010, 02:40 AM #1
Rath
Today Will Be Different
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); If anyone has been looking around the 360's and how they had to patch/mod the default_mp.xex to get modded patches to run well the same most likely will have to apply to the PS3.

If anyone read my thread about ISO modding well, when I discovered details about the ISOs I came across the default_mp.xex in my 360 MW2 ISO. And Well here is a picture.

You must login or register to view this content.

***And here is another.***

***In the above picture you will find the default_mp.xex file. Which on the PS3 is the .self***

The reason why most people can't run modded patches is because the default_mp acts as a secondary fail safe system. It
1) Checks to see if the patch hasn't been edited. Then runs it.
Or
2)It checks it if its an incorrect/modded patch it will give a syntax error.

Before anyone post anything please read other threads, and don't flame. And this is not a theory, since the .xex had to be patched/modded on the 360.

This is a link for .self file structure--->You must login or register to view this content.

We are on the brink of getting these hacks. If we work hard enough we will eventually get it.

***Copy and Paste***
This is from Xbox-Scene and credits go to Provenance.

"This tool will patch your default_mp.xex to remove security checks, allowing you to play modifications of the multiplayer .ff files. This tool is written to work with the initial version of the title from the disk, and WILL NOT connect to Xbox Live nor is it meant to."

The above clarifies further more of what the default_mp does. Even though the file extension is xex it still applies to .self

***More Info***
I just discovered that the default_mp.self tells the EBOOT.BIN what to execute. Every game has a default.self and a default_mp.self. So basically the file is telling the EBOOT to give us a syntax error. If you find out more please post a reply.

***Default_mp.xex download***
Here is the link

I will post a .self file. Non modded/patched for you guys to look at also. After awhile of course.

***Default_mp.self download***
Here is the link (Special Thanks to MacDaddy4sure)
Last edited by Rath ; 09-05-2010 at 09:51 PM.

The following 41 users say thank you to Rath for this useful post:

-Luis7uarez-, Okami, $oulja, 3arc, bertieboy7, bogenog, boombrshot, BuC-ShoTz, FireWire, GNDOOOR_KILLER, hichi, idkfa8, ihaxgames, iPooPublic, jb2203, JDP MODZz, juddylovespizza, kjoshi, LOL CAT, Macdaddy4sure, MasonF123, Maty360414, Mezzid, NeglectFate, NOTANOOB, Peirau, PUDDIN_BOLLOX, CHAOZ, Sandyballz, skitterz, SoLDieRDaP, St0rM, teeth08, TheJaRniBoi, TheSpoken, TheUnkn0wn, xAlex_, xEnhancer, xX_UmP45_Xx, XxprokillahxX
08-30-2010, 11:57 AM #11
question is how do you get it back on?

lol but it looked plausible 1st
08-30-2010, 01:16 PM #12
Karoolus
I'm the W@W Menu Guy !

I can't find if this had been patched or not, but if it isn't, it should be possible to edit the default_mp.self on the mw2 disc ??
just an idea, don't start btching if it doesn't work, I'm just looking through ps3 exploits of the past..
08-30-2010, 01:30 PM #13
IDontbreak
Cake is a lie
Originally posted by Kingcr3b View Post
If anyone has been looking around the 360's and how they had to patch/mod the default_mp.xex to get modded patches to run well the same most likely will have to apply to the PS3.

If anyone read my thread about ISO modding well, when I discovered details about the ISOs I came across the default_mp.xex in my 360 MW2 ISO. And Well here is a picture.

***And here is another.***

***In the above picture you will find the default_mp.xex file. Which on the PS3 is the .self***

The reason why most people can't run modded patches is because the default_mp acts as a secondary fail safe system. It
1) Checks to see if the patch hasn't been edited. Then runs it.
Or
2)It checks it if its an incorrect/modded patch it will give a syntax error.

Before anyone post anything please read other threads, and don't flame. And this is not a theory, since the .xex had to be patched/modded on the 360.

This is a link for .self file structure--->You must login or register to view this content.

We are on the brink of getting these hacks. If we work hard enough we will eventually get it.

***Copy and Paste***
This is from Xbox-Scene and credits go to Provenance.

"This tool will patch your default_mp.xex to remove security checks, allowing you to play modifications of the multiplayer .ff files. This tool is written to work with the initial version of the title from the disk, and WILL NOT connect to Xbox Live nor is it meant to."

The above clarifies further more of what the default_mp does. Even though the file extension is xex it still applies to .self

***More Info***
I just discovered that the default_mp.self tells the EBOOT.BIN what to execute. Every game has a default.self and a default_mp.self. So basically the file is telling the EBOOT to give us a syntax error. If you find out more please post a reply.

If Unknown Thanked this, Then you sir are on the right Track.
I always whought It was something similiar with xbox...
And can I ask you if there is an Iso loader for Ps3 ??
08-30-2010, 01:38 PM #14
Fire.
Im a fed.
why dont we edit the mp xex or whatever or delete it so it cat check itself
08-30-2010, 01:42 PM #15
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
Originally posted by IDontbreak View Post

he might have "thanked" because its the funniest thing he's seen all day Cool Man (aka Tustin)

The following user thanked DEREKTROTTER for this useful post:

Letsgogetem
08-30-2010, 05:17 PM #16
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post
So, use SAK to get the default_mp.self and use tool to remove security checks.

Then the modified patch should work right Cool Man (aka Tustin)

Good possibility, I just checked myself out of school so I could get on NGU lol. But if you can't mod it there has to be a way of bypassing. For instance I found this program that would take advantage of the RFOM/MS exploit and run ELFs/SELFs. Hopefully I will get some more info and compile it with edits lol.
08-30-2010, 05:31 PM #17
CHAOZ
Banned
In case you all didn't notice.

The Ukn0wn liked this :y:
08-30-2010, 05:31 PM #18
TheJaRniBoi
Why So Serious?
i posted this theory a while back and no one believed me.

The eboot.bin contains the self file and the self sorts out where each file loads from.

for example f:mW2/Patches/patch.ff

the f = drive letter and the of course the rest is the directory to where it loads the patch.ff from. now my theory is that hunter or unknown changed the directory of where the patch.ff loads from to like a USB so when the game would load it would load the patch.ff of a USB. he did say that now matter how many patches they throw at him he can get pass them. If you can mod the SELF file then you have total control over the game itself.

The following user thanked TheJaRniBoi for this useful post:

Rath
08-30-2010, 05:53 PM #19
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by IDontbreak View Post

You don't need an ISO loader. You need to find a way to patch/mod the default_mp.self file. Which is located on the game disc/ISO. I have a found a .Self modder and a .ELF/SELF loader out there via the powerful google.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Originally posted by Malicious View Post
I see the logic behind this but ehh..this is all racking my brain.

Off topic: Where you been Rathlos? Ain't heard from you in a while.

Off topic: Eh... busy. I haven't really been on NGU, MSN my forum full of bs, my computer. I have been racking peoples brains basically and I was on my 360 screwing with it for about a month lol.

The following user thanked Rath for this useful post:

IDontbreak

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo