08-30-2010, 02:40 AM #1
Rath
Today Will Be Different
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); If anyone has been looking around the 360's and how they had to patch/mod the default_mp.xex to get modded patches to run well the same most likely will have to apply to the PS3.

If anyone read my thread about ISO modding well, when I discovered details about the ISOs I came across the default_mp.xex in my 360 MW2 ISO. And Well here is a picture.

You must login or register to view this content.

***And here is another.***

***In the above picture you will find the default_mp.xex file. Which on the PS3 is the .self***

The reason why most people can't run modded patches is because the default_mp acts as a secondary fail safe system. It
1) Checks to see if the patch hasn't been edited. Then runs it.
Or
2)It checks it if its an incorrect/modded patch it will give a syntax error.

Before anyone post anything please read other threads, and don't flame. And this is not a theory, since the .xex had to be patched/modded on the 360.

This is a link for .self file structure--->You must login or register to view this content.

We are on the brink of getting these hacks. If we work hard enough we will eventually get it.

***Copy and Paste***
This is from Xbox-Scene and credits go to Provenance.

"This tool will patch your default_mp.xex to remove security checks, allowing you to play modifications of the multiplayer .ff files. This tool is written to work with the initial version of the title from the disk, and WILL NOT connect to Xbox Live nor is it meant to."

The above clarifies further more of what the default_mp does. Even though the file extension is xex it still applies to .self

***More Info***
I just discovered that the default_mp.self tells the EBOOT.BIN what to execute. Every game has a default.self and a default_mp.self. So basically the file is telling the EBOOT to give us a syntax error. If you find out more please post a reply.

***Default_mp.xex download***
Here is the link

I will post a .self file. Non modded/patched for you guys to look at also. After awhile of course.

***Default_mp.self download***
Here is the link (Special Thanks to MacDaddy4sure)
Last edited by Rath ; 09-05-2010 at 09:51 PM.

The following 41 users say thank you to Rath for this useful post:

-Luis7uarez-, Okami, $oulja, 3arc, bertieboy7, bogenog, boombrshot, BuC-ShoTz, FireWire, GNDOOOR_KILLER, hichi, idkfa8, ihaxgames, iPooPublic, jb2203, JDP MODZz, juddylovespizza, kjoshi, LOL CAT, Macdaddy4sure, MasonF123, Maty360414, Mezzid, NeglectFate, NOTANOOB, Peirau, PUDDIN_BOLLOX, CHAOZ, Sandyballz, skitterz, SoLDieRDaP, St0rM, teeth08, TheJaRniBoi, TheSpoken, TheUnkn0wn, xAlex_, xEnhancer, xX_UmP45_Xx, XxprokillahxX
08-31-2010, 01:21 AM #47
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by ihaxgames View Post
You're correct and if anything, it may be possible that it would dump the files that are less than 4gb to the external, so it may be possible to have the defualt_mp.self on the external and mod it, then put it back on the console, that's probably my best guess yet

Impossible. The ISO which contains the default_mp.self is about 8GBs. Plus Hunter and TheUnknown did use his Jailbreak. They found another exploit. Which I know, but I don't really wanna release it since it will ruin CoD on the PS3 just like on the 360.
08-31-2010, 01:25 AM #48
ihaxgames
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by Kingcr3b View Post
Impossible. The ISO which contains the default_mp.self is about 8GBs. Plus Hunter and TheUnknown did use his Jailbreak. They found another exploit. Which I know, but I don't really wanna release it since it will ruin CoD on the PS3 just like on the 360.

I understand why you and them won't release it, I know they didn't use the jailbreak, what I'm saying is that it doesn't dump the ISO, it dumps the individual files, but it wont dump any files more than 4 gb unless you save it on the internal, but I'm saying you could do that and extract the defualt_mp.self to another hdd and edit it on a computer, also If I knew the exploit I would only release it to trusted members, we can have some trusted people know it, but not everyone.
08-31-2010, 01:30 AM #49
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by ihaxgames View Post
I understand why you and them won't release it, I know they didn't use the jailbreak, what I'm saying is that it doesn't dump the ISO, it dumps the individual files, but it wont dump any files more than 4 gb unless you save it on the internal, but I'm saying you could do that and extract the defualt_mp.self to another hdd and edit it on a computer, also If I knew the exploit I would only release it to trusted members, we can have some trusted people know it, but not everyone.

I still doubt it though. It really doesn't do much but run home brew and backup games. Since he was a "stolen" ps3 repair drive, he probably doesn't have the power to do such. If it did I'm pretty sure Sony Techs would have pocketed a couple for such a reason. But I'm willing to have you add me on MSN if you want to talk.
08-31-2010, 01:40 AM #50
teeth08
< ^ > < ^ >
I still doubt it though. It really doesn't do much but run home brew and backup games. Since he was a "stolen" ps3 repair drive, he probably doesn't have the power to do such. If it did I'm pretty sure Sony Techs would have pocketed a couple for such a reason. But I'm willing to have you add me on MSN if you want to talk.

rathlos, wanna post info on this exploit on ps3hddteam
08-31-2010, 01:41 AM #51
ihaxgames
Treasure hunter

Ok I added you, I couldn't send u a PM for some reason so I'll just tell u, I'm gonna eat, I'll be back in 10-15 min
08-31-2010, 01:47 AM #52
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by teeth08 View Post

I did. Its premium. Yea me, prokillah, spoken, brendan and niccrx started PS3 HDD TEAM lol. It started has a hacking/dev team lol. Then we "franchised" into a forum lawl.
08-31-2010, 02:53 AM #53
NOTANOOB
Gym leader
if anyone gets to the .sefl or whatever then ask unknow for some codes cuz i think unknown help hunter mod it
08-31-2010, 02:55 AM #54
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by NOTANOOB View Post
if anyone gets to the .sefl or whatever then ask unknow for some codes cuz i think unknown help hunter mod it

Wouldn't doubt it. I mean why would he thank my post.... Its one of the few he has thanked by the way...
08-31-2010, 06:08 AM #55
DiJiTaLNiCk
BaLLiN' STaTuS
Originally posted by teeth08 View Post

We dont need info. most of us allready know it.
Well i know more then rathlos

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo