08-30-2010, 02:40 AM #1
Rath
Today Will Be Different
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); If anyone has been looking around the 360's and how they had to patch/mod the default_mp.xex to get modded patches to run well the same most likely will have to apply to the PS3.

If anyone read my thread about ISO modding well, when I discovered details about the ISOs I came across the default_mp.xex in my 360 MW2 ISO. And Well here is a picture.

You must login or register to view this content.

***And here is another.***

***In the above picture you will find the default_mp.xex file. Which on the PS3 is the .self***

The reason why most people can't run modded patches is because the default_mp acts as a secondary fail safe system. It
1) Checks to see if the patch hasn't been edited. Then runs it.
Or
2)It checks it if its an incorrect/modded patch it will give a syntax error.

Before anyone post anything please read other threads, and don't flame. And this is not a theory, since the .xex had to be patched/modded on the 360.

This is a link for .self file structure--->You must login or register to view this content.

We are on the brink of getting these hacks. If we work hard enough we will eventually get it.

***Copy and Paste***
This is from Xbox-Scene and credits go to Provenance.

"This tool will patch your default_mp.xex to remove security checks, allowing you to play modifications of the multiplayer .ff files. This tool is written to work with the initial version of the title from the disk, and WILL NOT connect to Xbox Live nor is it meant to."

The above clarifies further more of what the default_mp does. Even though the file extension is xex it still applies to .self

***More Info***
I just discovered that the default_mp.self tells the EBOOT.BIN what to execute. Every game has a default.self and a default_mp.self. So basically the file is telling the EBOOT to give us a syntax error. If you find out more please post a reply.

***Default_mp.xex download***
Here is the link

I will post a .self file. Non modded/patched for you guys to look at also. After awhile of course.

***Default_mp.self download***
Here is the link (Special Thanks to MacDaddy4sure)
Last edited by Rath ; 09-05-2010 at 09:51 PM.

The following 41 users say thank you to Rath for this useful post:

-Luis7uarez-, Okami, $oulja, 3arc, bertieboy7, bogenog, boombrshot, BuC-ShoTz, FireWire, GNDOOOR_KILLER, hichi, idkfa8, ihaxgames, iPooPublic, jb2203, JDP MODZz, juddylovespizza, kjoshi, LOL CAT, Macdaddy4sure, MasonF123, Maty360414, Mezzid, NeglectFate, NOTANOOB, Peirau, PUDDIN_BOLLOX, CHAOZ, Sandyballz, skitterz, SoLDieRDaP, St0rM, teeth08, TheJaRniBoi, TheSpoken, TheUnkn0wn, xAlex_, xEnhancer, xX_UmP45_Xx, XxprokillahxX
08-31-2010, 08:55 PM #74
Devz-x
Banned
Originally posted by KILLER View Post
Why do people always ask this when someone say they know how to do something? If he does does it matter, because he took the time to think about, that it should be related to the 360, and basicly he's telling you guys what to do, PATCH THE DEFAULT_MP

dont go on like im some leecher.
all i did is asked because i was under the impression the default_mp.self was the only thing stopping us from loading are own modified patch.
it was a simple question but then you have to start flaming and sh*t no wonder nobody releases anything to this community
08-31-2010, 09:03 PM #75
juddylovespizza
I'VE GOT JUNGLE FEVER
This does confuse me though as unknown said this:
“Nice, although an easier way would be to simply grab the Xbox 360 GSC files because they are exactly the same. I don't know what your thinking of doing with them either? Because you do know you cant modify them? I use the patch files to find out what IW have been up too hehehe! I compare them with older patches.”

So doesn't that mean that he doesn't edit the patch_mp.ff. Umm one step forward and two steps back lol.
08-31-2010, 09:12 PM #76
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by Ks View Post
so you have lobbys ?
:S

I'm not gonna say yes nor no. But I might give spoilers in a week or so.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Originally posted by juddylovespizza View Post
“Nice, although an easier way would be to simply grab the Xbox 360 GSC files because they are exactly the same. I don't know what your thinking of doing with them either? Because you do know you cant modify them? I use the patch files to find out what IW have been up too hehehe! I compare them with older patches.”

So doesn't that mean that he doesn't edit the patch_mp.ff. Umm one step forward and two steps back lol.

What he means by that is he sees what has been patched. From that he most likely makes his hacks from that. But the only thing universal about the games is the patches. Since all use .ff but I will look at the headers of a .xex and see if I can make it into a .self, but I will just use the default_mp from my ps3 mw2 ISO.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

all i did is asked because i was under the impression the default_mp.self was the only thing stopping us from loading are own modified patch.
it was a simple question but then you have to start flaming and sh*t no wonder nobody releases anything to this community

You hit the nail on the head my friend.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Originally posted by Karoolus View Post
You really know ??
I'd ask you to PM me, but I have this feeling you're not gonna tell me :p

Ha yea, I wouldn't mind to, but like I said to ruin such a game with "unbelievable" hacks would be gay... especially if everyone did them. No one would get kills. There would be no diversity either.
08-31-2010, 09:12 PM #77
DiJiTaLNiCk
BaLLiN' STaTuS
Originally posted by Karoolus View Post
not that I say it wouldn't work, but how can Unkn0wn change his hacks & be back online in 20 minutes ?
If he had to decrypt the HDD again, that would take ages..

No he would be able to Encrypt his HDD within about 15 mins.
08-31-2010, 09:15 PM #78
juddylovespizza
I'VE GOT JUNGLE FEVER
Originally posted by niccrx View Post
No he would be able to Encrypt his HDD within about 15 mins.

Um why are we going back to the hdd method? Eek /facepalm
08-31-2010, 09:16 PM #79
Devz-x
Banned
Originally posted by Kingcr3b View Post
I'm not gonna say yes nor no. But I might give spoilers in a week or so.

all i can say is good luck mate :y:
ive been trying anything and everything but your method i dont beleive has been tried before.
08-31-2010, 09:17 PM #80

I not trying to start anything, and I don't like to flame (I never flame, I watch other people do it and laugh), plus I only flame at the NOOBS and FAGS on COD..... I wasn't trying to say it in a bad way.. Thats wrong with texting it doesn't show to emotions and how people really say there words ( their just words on a screen with no emotions, so people don't know how the person is really talking).. Again sorry are we :bro: now?!?!?!
08-31-2010, 09:21 PM #81
DiJiTaLNiCk
BaLLiN' STaTuS

Okay, well unkn0wn uses injection. so im not sure if he uses the patch_mp.ff but the .gsc are files that are inside the .ff
the patch_mp.ff is liek a .rar file which contains the codes which are basically like a mini .exe that doesnt install anything.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Um why are we going back to the hdd method? Eek /facepalm

Because if we bypass the .self i guarantee u i can hack it with the HDD STudio.
So id take that facepalm back. Because BrendanJ used HDD studio to get to the syntax error and thats the error the .self gives u.
so if we modify and bypass it we can get past the syntax error screen.
08-31-2010, 09:24 PM #82
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Anyone want my default_mp.xex file to read.
When you read it you will understand what it does on the 360. The same to what it does on the PS3...

If I get a yes in a post I will post a link for it.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo