10-03-2010, 04:21 PM #1
juddylovespizza
I'VE GOT JUNGLE FEVER
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm not sure if anybody else here has done this, but it hasn't been posted by anyone so I guess I'm the first. Note though you do need two PS3's one on 3.41 and another on 3.50, this is an addon to the well known data transfer method but with this way you don't need to do it everytime to use a different patch! So for example if you want to change between different patches like, Roll the dice to Zombies etc. Follow the steps below:

1. Edit your patch on your jailbroken 3.41 PS3 and use data transfer utility to send it to the 3.50 PS3. More in-depth tutorial on how to do this is around the forum.
  2. Now on your 3.50 PS3, check your patch works right then plug in some storage device and go to System Settings>Backup Utility>Back Up. This will backup your all the data on the PS3 onto your storage (including the MW2 patch). The backup is only small, 30MB!
  3. Now do steps 1 and 2 for how many patches you want. Now I recommend you copy these backups onto your computer to keep a record on what patch is in what backup.
  4. Now when you feel like a change of patch go to System Settings>Backup Utility>Restore and choose the back up with the patch in it you want. Don't worry this only takes less than a minute to complete.
  5. Do step 4 everytime you want to change your patch.

Here's an image on the file layout you could use to store them on your computer:
You must login or register to view this content.

Have fun Dancing

The following 64 users say thank you to juddylovespizza for this useful post:

ⒿⒺⒷⓇⓄ, $oulja, Accurs0, Ada Wong, Alfa, Amazingpwner, Assassin, azote, benzy, Blackstorm, Cien, Codi360, CRaZyY, D3cH, Dan962k8, DanGFX, defwegwreh, Diplo, Dreamcather, emmanuel92, SweatyMidgets, Extractz92, Fizzix, gillysnyter, Hakaan, Hawk, IRoyxX, IW_JOSH, JamazkieHD, jeffadkins51, Ju1cy, Karoolus, kobe8bp, Lepp-, Lick, Lofti, manster, Manxlad619, Masta-blasta117, Mocro Lmfao, Mr. Aimbot, Mr. Star, Mr.Azoz, mustangsaleen, MV-rockers, NGU_MVRz, NiiNo, Omniplasma, rjive, Skyl1n3, Solid Snake, Stejzz, Strike Venom, styl, Superahm, The-Don, TheAMin4u, ThereThatGuy, ww2gamer3, x Too GodLy x, Xbox 180, zaaheef, ZoneTw0
10-04-2010, 05:36 AM #47
jtag56
Do a barrel roll!
thats easier than me swapping between 4 hdds LOL
10-04-2010, 05:58 AM #48
Yea i have both I am gunna try this soon
10-04-2010, 06:16 AM #49
0xFa1z
Splicer
if someone is able to mod the back up file to somehow work with any ps3 would be just great
10-04-2010, 08:25 AM #50
*SCHAOS*
ILLUMINATUS
Here's a better Idea, If someone could find out which of the 4 .dat files the patch is stored in, maybe we could backup, and remove the 3 files not needed, making it even faster. Essentially, only restorning the 1 .dat file that contains the patch. I know my ps3 takes 1hour to backup, and its 19gb. I could only imagine it would take that long to restore. Any thoughts?
10-04-2010, 12:11 PM #51
Originally posted by juddylovespizza View Post
I'm not sure if anybody else here has done this, but it hasn't been posted by anyone so I guess I'm the first. Note though you do need two PS3's one on 3.41 and another on 3.50, this is an addon to the well known data transfer method but with this way you don't need to do it everytime to use a different patch! So for example if you want to change between different patches like, Roll the dice to Zombies etc. Follow the steps below:

1. Edit your patch on your jailbroken 3.41 PS3 and use data transfer utility to send it to the 3.50 PS3. More in-depth tutorial on how to do this is around the forum.
  2. Now on your 3.50 PS3, check your patch works right then plug in some storage device and go to System Settings>Backup Utility>Back Up. This will backup your all the data on the PS3 onto your storage (including the MW2 patch). The backup is only small, 30MB!
  3. Now do steps 1 and 2 for how many patches you want. Now I recommend you copy these backups onto your computer to keep a record on what patch is in what backup.
  4. Now when you feel like a change of patch go to System Settings>Backup Utility>Restore and choose the back up with the patch in it you want. Don't worry this only takes less than a minute to complete.
  5. Do step 4 everytime you want to change your patch.

Here's an image on the file layout you could use to store them on your computer:
You must login or register to view this content.

Have fun Dancing

Can you (or anyone else) upload one of the backups with the mw2 patch inside, so others can host lobbies aswell, or wouldnt that work?
10-04-2010, 01:23 PM #52
Karoolus
I'm the W@W Menu Guy !
wouldn't work, as you need to restore the backup on the ps3 it's made of..

The following user thanked Karoolus for this useful post:

JD_WCE
10-04-2010, 01:38 PM #53
little_legz
SleepinIsCheatin
Hmm I'd try this but I cant get my router to work properly so I can put the patch onto my jailbroken PS3.
10-04-2010, 03:16 PM #54
jfed
Climbing up the ladder
i found this out last week i wanted to post it but my post count was to low and it does work i posted it on ps3hax.net but thats not were ppl look for mw2 hacks maybe you should losen up the thread rules. and a data tranfer tranfers anything so thats why it works
10-04-2010, 03:38 PM #55
juddylovespizza
I'VE GOT JUNGLE FEVER
Originally posted by SCHAOS
Here's a better Idea, If someone could find out which of the 4 .dat files the patch is stored in, maybe we could backup, and remove the 3 files not needed, making it even faster. Essentially, only restorning the 1 .dat file that contains the patch. I know my ps3 takes 1hour to backup, and its 19gb. I could only imagine it would take that long to restore. Any thoughts?

I know which one the patch is in as its the same size as it on the ps3. I need somebody to make a backup of there ps3 and download this file I will put up later and replace it with in the backup with this one

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo