08-25-2013, 06:59 AM #1
webzy
Work hard get Better
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Hello everyone.

I am Webzy, I have been a member on NextGenUpdate for the last 3 years, during this time period I had the
unfortunate experience of being deceived, into many fraudulent deals from the General Auction fourm section.

Through my own lack of, awareness or be it true my trusting nature I lost the most important thing of all, my
NextGenUpdate Premium account.

Which I have only gotten back quite recently with the help of ''Vince'', so to give back to all you guy's and to show
my appreciation here at NextGenUpdate I will teach you the ''Tell Tale Signs' of a Scam Artist.

If It's to good to be true it normally is !

Identifying features of a Scammer.

1 . Overly Friendly ''

( Will accept or manipulate a situation with '' Kind Gestures '' ultimately achieving his 'Goal' gaining your ''Trust'' )

2 . To Insistent ''

( Scammer's will want to '' attain '' what you have with '' Speed '' as the faster he does the less '' Noticeable '' it is )

3 . The Sob Story ''

( Happens when you ask him to go first '' I have been scammed way to may times '' this happens so you feel sorry for him and he is hoping he appeals to your good nature ultimately Tricking you )

4 . Back's out ''

( Everything will be fine until, '' I want to use a Middleman i.e Mod '' he does not reply as said Scam won't work then )

5 . Promises To Much ''

( Lastly but most importantly '' Scam artist, offer's greater than yours '' he is feeding your greed for his own gain )

If you are a kind trusting person, like most are this will help you '' spot that Wolf under the sheep skin '' and escape
a loss of personal information, an account, or hard earned money.

Importantly If you have experienced any of the ''Above'' with a member here Immediately report him to a Moderator,
Administrator as that will then stop accused from fear of being caught out as what he is.

Thank you everyone have a nice safe day.
Last edited by webzy ; 08-25-2013 at 07:05 AM.

The following 21 users say thank you to webzy for this useful post:

RAB, Burgundy85, ClutchNastii671, DesperateAsshole, Geo, Hmoob_Mods, iHaxel, imD, Immaculate., Lord Ike, Mago de Oz, mano254, Mr Grumpy, MrHackerDude1, MrRa1n, NUKES-X-MODS-X, ShinigamiUzi, TheMightyMoJo, TheMrB, xGunz
01-15-2014, 02:29 PM #11
webzy
Work hard get Better
Yep thats the way or use a middle man service preferably a staff member Winky Winky.
01-15-2014, 06:58 PM #12
MrRa1n
League Champion
Originally posted by Laim
This should be a sticky. It's scarily accurate.

Something you want to tell us? stare
01-16-2014, 07:35 AM #13
webzy
Work hard get Better
Originally posted by Laim
This should be a sticky. It's scarily accurate.

Thanks hopefully it might become one ad help anyone in future preceding's here on NGU.
01-21-2014, 03:40 PM #14
xGunz
Every Path is no Mistake
Originally posted by webzy View Post
Thank you, xGunz, I just hope they take the time to read the auction information sub forum post's
before they venture into a deal.

I'll make sure to tell new members to consider looking at this post, before any deal .

The following user thanked xGunz for this useful post:

webzy
01-21-2014, 03:50 PM #15
Master0wn3r
I’m too L33T
i try to be friendly to all of my customers..... i dont want them to feel im scamming them lol
02-12-2014, 02:38 PM #16
Mago de Oz
Vault dweller
Great tips to avoid scammers Smile .
02-24-2014, 02:02 PM #17
Reus_BVB
League Champion
good post stycky this obv help
03-09-2014, 08:47 PM #18
I like the above scams happen to the best of us be vigilant of those however every new venture or purchase does involve risk and some risk are well worth taking.
05-19-2014, 03:00 PM #19
Mr Grumpy
< ^ > < ^ >
You should add that if they want to be paid by AGC's, then people should be weary. Amazon doesn't refund GC's, so the only way is to go through your bank, which means you'll loose out on the money regardless.

The following user thanked Mr Grumpy for this useful post:

webzy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo