10-11-2011, 08:58 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); SO i finally found the right iso. (I'm not paying $100 + for an OS) I extracted it, changed it to an executable file, then ran the setup.exe through wine. The problem is, when i click the big install windows button, I get an error message:

"Windows setup cannot find a location to store temporary installation files. To install windows, make sure a partition on your boot disk has at least 727 megabytes of space. Error code 0x80070490."

This is weird because I at least have 200 gigs of storage left on my hard drive. What do I need to do to replace Ubuntu with Windows 7? Do I need to make a separate partition? If so, please tell me how. Thanks guys!
10-11-2011, 09:17 PM #2
Jesse
always mirin
Originally posted by BlackOpsPost View Post
SO i finally found the right iso. (I'm not paying $100 + for an OS) I extracted it, changed it to an executable file, then ran the setup.exe through wine. The problem is, when i click the big install windows button, I get an error message:

"Windows setup cannot find a location to store temporary installation files. To install windows, make sure a partition on your boot disk has at least 727 megabytes of space. Error code 0x80070490."

This is weird because I at least have 200 gigs of storage left on my hard drive. What do I need to do to replace Ubuntu with Windows 7? Do I need to make a separate partition? If so, please tell me how. Thanks guys!

What you could've done is search for the ultimate windows crack, and then execute wubi.exe which installs ubuntu dual boot with windows. That would have been a better plan.

The following user thanked Jesse for this useful post:

ChillChiefly96
10-11-2011, 09:18 PM #3
Originally posted by Jesse View Post
What you could've done is search for the ultimate windows crack, and then execute wubi.exe which installs ubuntu dual boot with windows. That would have been a better plan.

Cant cause im not on windows im on ubuntu
10-11-2011, 09:20 PM #4
Febreze
Keepin' it FRESH
SO i finally found the right iso. (I'm not paying $100 + for an OS) I extracted it, changed it to an executable file, then ran the setup.exe through wine. The problem is, when i click the big install windows button, I get an error message:

This is very funny, because I just went through a month long struggle in order to delete Ubuntu and install Windows 7 onto it. First off, You can't install Windows 7 onto the same partition because the partition is formatted a certain way for Linux to run on it. You're gonna need to get a setup file for Windows 7 and burn it to a disc/usb. Download You must login or register to view this content. and burn it to a cd/dvd/usb drive. I used UltraISO to burn the .iso file to my DVD-R. Once your wrote it to your usb/cd/dvd-r then turn off your computer, input your cd/dvd-r/usb and press esc when the boot screen comes up. Boot from your cd/dvd-r/usb and go through the gparted process. What you need to do is format your partitions in NTFS format (might erase everything). Once you format them, you should be able to boot from a dvd-r/cd/usb and install Windows 7.

The following user thanked Febreze for this useful post:

ChillChiefly96
10-11-2011, 09:22 PM #5
Jesse
always mirin
Cant cause im not on windows im on ubuntu

You can burn discs on ubuntu? Just search for some windows crack iso file, put it on a disc and install windows. I'll discuss this tomorrow.
10-11-2011, 09:22 PM #6
Axiom
PC Gamer

I think the solution to your problem (only assuming) is that your hard disk is formatted to the Ubuntu file system (ext3 I think it's called). Again I'm not sure, because I don't use Linux OSes much, but you may need to format the hard drive or create a new partition with either NTFS (Windows) or FAT32 (Linux and Windows).
10-11-2011, 09:28 PM #7
Originally posted by Febreze View Post
This is very funny, because I just went through a month long struggle in order to delete Ubuntu and install Windows 7 onto it. First off, You can't install Windows 7 onto the same partition because the partition is formatted a certain way for Linux to run on it. You're gonna need to get a setup file for Windows 7 and burn it to a disc/usb. Download You must login or register to view this content. and burn it to a cd/dvd/usb drive. I used UltraISO to burn the .iso file to my DVD-R. Once your wrote it to your usb/cd/dvd-r then turn off your computer, input your cd/dvd-r/usb and press esc when the boot screen comes up. Boot from your cd/dvd-r/usb and go through the gparted process. What you need to do is format your partitions in NTFS format (might erase everything). Once you format them, you should be able to boot from a dvd-r/cd/usb and install Windows 7.

Thanks Smile i'm trying it now its just ubuntu wont recognize any of my dvd's right now. I'll keep trying and will hopefully respond to you on windows 7.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Originally posted by Axiom View Post
I think the solution to your problem (only assuming) is that your hard disk is formatted to the Ubuntu file system (ext3 I think it's called). Again I'm not sure, because I don't use Linux OSes much, but you may need to format the hard drive or create a new partition with either NTFS (Windows) or FAT32 (Linux and Windows).

I will try to format to fat32 now thank you
10-11-2011, 09:29 PM #8
Febreze
Keepin' it FRESH
Thanks Smile i'm trying it now its just ubuntu wont recognize any of my dvd's right now. I'll keep trying and will hopefully respond to you on windows 7.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

I will try to format to fat32 now thank you

Made an error in my post. You're gonna have to find a disc writer for Ubuntu. I had a spare computer to burn everything.
10-11-2011, 09:50 PM #9

burn to a disk and install using the boot menu on your computer something like F12 it varies boot from disk and delete your partion backup your files then install windows if you want ubuntu just make a partion while on windows for it then install on that partion

The following user thanked Alexis Rhodes for this useful post:

ChillChiefly96
10-12-2011, 12:26 AM #10
Made an error in my post. You're gonna have to find a disc writer for Ubuntu. I had a spare computer to burn everything.

Me too i just switched the hdd to my laptop to burn everything (2.5 inch ftw)

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Originally posted by Dark
burn to a disk and install using the boot menu on your computer something like F12 it varies boot from disk and delete your partion backup your files then install windows if you want ubuntu just make a partion while on windows for it then install on that partion

Burning atm

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Originally posted by Dark

Originally posted by Axiom View Post

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
You can burn discs on ubuntu? Just search for some windows crack iso file, put it on a disc and install windows. I'll discuss this tomorrow.

Alright guys. I need help with one more thing. How do i "burn" an iso to a usb drive as you would a cd? I know how to boot from a usb i just dont know how to put the iso on it. This is on windows 7.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo