Post: Building a Login System for you all. What would you like to see?
12-30-2015, 09:37 AM #1
CyberNomadic
Web Developer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello Everyone,
Lately I've been seeing quite a few Login Systems floating around here and most of them are either poorly developed and/or insecure. Due to this potentially putting other users at risk, I thought I'd go and make a login system for you all that I will release and you will have full permission to edit + modify. Not that any of you would ask for permission, but you catch my drift.
So, what are some features that you would like to see in it? Don't say crazily stupid things or features that aren't really needed (A shoutbox is pretty pointless in my opinion.). I've been doing web development for around 3 years now and I know that I can build something that all of you will be able to enjoy and not have to worry about when it comes to security.
Thanks, CyberNomadic

Checklist:

• Login Class - Completed
  • HTML - Bootstrap templated picked out (Free not pirated)
  • Sql - Started
  • Registration - Started
  • Admin Panel - Not started (Backend)
  • Login - Not Started

Should it have permissions? (Moderator, User, Admin) Give me input.
Reason I chose to use Bootstrap is its something you all should be familiar with. That way you can edit the CSS to your liking.

This will be a combination of PDO, OOP (Class based). However, I don't intend on this being 100% OOP as most of you do not know how to edit it. So, I'll throw in there some "garage code" if you will.
Last edited by CyberNomadic ; 01-16-2016 at 04:42 AM.

The following 3 users say thank you to CyberNomadic for this useful post:

Boliberrys, Specter, Jon Snow
01-10-2016, 09:28 PM #11
CyberNomadic
Web Developer
Originally posted by Adrian View Post
Thread has been moved to Computer Programming Inquiries.

Thanks for officially destroying any chance of input I'd get from the small programming community we actually have here Smile

The following 2 users say thank you to CyberNomadic for this useful post:

Passion
01-14-2016, 10:48 PM #12
Default Avatar
Brad
Originally posted by CyberNomadic View Post
Thanks for officially destroying any chance of input I'd get from the small programming community we actually have here Smile

Haha Happy

You need a hand with anything?
01-16-2016, 04:44 AM #13
CyberNomadic
Web Developer
Originally posted by Brad View Post
Haha Happy

You need a hand with anything?

Not currently, but thanks for asking though. I'll keep you in mind if I need help Smile
01-16-2016, 03:53 PM #14
Toxic
former staff
Originally posted by CyberNomadic View Post
Hello Everyone,
Lately I've been seeing quite a few Login Systems floating around here and most of them are either poorly developed and/or insecure. Due to this potentially putting other users at risk, I thought I'd go and make a login system for you all that I will release and you will have full permission to edit + modify. Not that any of you would ask for permission, but you catch my drift.
So, what are some features that you would like to see in it? Don't say crazily stupid things or features that aren't really needed (A shoutbox is pretty pointless in my opinion.). I've been doing web development for around 3 years now and I know that I can build something that all of you will be able to enjoy and not have to worry about when it comes to security.
Thanks, CyberNomadic

Checklist:

• Login Class - Completed
  • HTML - Bootstrap templated picked out (Free not pirated)
  • Sql - Started
  • Registration - Started
  • Admin Panel - Not started (Backend)
  • Login - Not Started

Should it have permissions? (Moderator, User, Admin) Give me input.
Reason I chose to use Bootstrap is its something you all should be familiar with. That way you can edit the CSS to your liking.

This will be a combination of PDO, OOP (Class based). However, I don't intend on this being 100% OOP as most of you do not know how to edit it. So, I'll throw in there some "garage code" if you will.

add ajax jquery to it, that would be nice, i manged to do it (kinda) but shit was taking ages to login/register :p

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo