02-23-2011, 01:02 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); ive seen people on ngu that either studied software or have degrees in it or something. i just wanna know how hard it is to study and understand coding and things. some say when you make a career out of it, you start off as a coder. ive heard its pretty hard to do too.

cfw for the ps3 is what got me interested and i have acouple questions about it.
obviously its alot harder to make cfw than i thought and the process takes knowing code well and knowing what to do. and it seems like its not something you learn by messing with it. seems like you gotta study to really understand it all. so how hard is it to really understand all of it fully and know how to code and edit things like ps3 fw?

and cfw seems like just unlocking things and being able to put a folder in that lets you install things like ftp severs and back up managers. clearly the keys are hard to get past especially for the 3.56 but after you get past them, how hard is is to put the folder in and pack everything back and not have any bugs?

this stuff seems alot harder than i thought and from what ive heard it goes farther than just hex editing. people say its simple but im not that retarded. i know theres some software engineers on here so if any of you want, reply to this and explain some of this. not counting i need posts to get to reply to other forums like the thread for the 3.56 cfw clearly. rep would be great.
Last edited by Spawn500x ; 02-23-2011 at 01:04 AM.
02-24-2011, 07:48 PM #11
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by TheUberFail View Post
Btw, there is an annoying difference between coding and programming, coding is for scripts, programming is for programs. Drinking Coffee - Also VB is for 7 year olds (Although VB can be used well).

If your smart, just jump right in with learning JavaScript and C++.

Also if your starting keep in mind, there is a big difference between knowing a language, and KNOWING a language. what i mean is, some one may know C++ syntax, might be able to write a program, but really they don't know what there doing, they just know it works, these situations are not good in programing, how will you fix it if it goes wrong?

Funny that you say vb is for 7 year olds, though if you at least understand it , you can jump right into C# , from there javascript or C++, C++ will always be top but those jobs are slowly dissappearing because it's getting to be too expensive for a C++ dev, well that and everything going web vb / C# with asp and php are the way to go. Taking up some version of SQL never hurts either

The following 2 users say thank you to Oneup for this useful post:

Spawn500x, TheUberFail
02-24-2011, 08:30 PM #12
I recommend learning it. It is hard to learn at first. Its taken me over 5 years now to learn most of the key things, but now im in C++ so it is as said a different language to learn. I recommend doing this: vb6->vb.net->c->c++
And when you learn make things that interest you. I learned vb6 by making hacks for personal games. Do whatever you like. And make stuff thats helpful to. That sometimes motivates me :P

The following user thanked boyyo11 for this useful post:

Spawn500x
02-24-2011, 08:43 PM #13
erbisme4
Penn State '16
Html is fun you should start on it actually start on bb code lmao

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Bb code is a joke
02-24-2011, 09:59 PM #14
Originally posted by UP View Post
Funny that you say vb is for 7 year olds, though if you at least understand it , you can jump right into C# , from there javascript or C++, C++ will always be top but those jobs are slowly dissappearing because it's getting to be too expensive for a C++ dev, well that and everything going web vb / C# with asp and php are the way to go. Taking up some version of SQL never hurts either

C++ Jobs are harder to find, but there better paid, and everything is not going VB/C#, yes there are allot of C# applications, but the right language is needed for the right job, one, or a group of languages will never dominate the market share. at least not any time soon. Outie

And as for my comment on VB, i mean, most 7 year olds learn VB, making shity forms ect.. thinking they are up there with C#, C++ developers... No.

Smile
02-24-2011, 10:21 PM #15
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
If you're just getting started you should do what everyone's suggested, and learn a very basic language, it will help you later on. Just look online, choose the language you want to learn, and google beginner tutorials or guides for it.

Once you get past that part and you understand how programming works you'll be able to figure out all that you have been asking just with your own knowledge.

As far as creating patches and hacking games... you don't really need to know a lot about programming for that, there are even a lot of applications you can use to create hacks without any programming knowledge at all.

The following user thanked Epic? for this useful post:

Spawn500x
02-24-2011, 10:51 PM #16
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by TheUberFail View Post
C++ Jobs are harder to find, but there better paid, and everything is not going VB/C#, yes there are allot of C# applications, but the right language is needed for the right job, one, or a group of languages will never dominate the market share. at least not any time soon. Outie

And as for my comment on VB, i mean, most 7 year olds learn VB, making shity forms ect.. thinking they are up there with C#, C++ developers... No.

Smile

Actually what I was referring to was web side applications.
02-25-2011, 04:45 PM #17
bmxdude9
Million Miles Of Fun!
Well if were talking the employment side of things my dad works for a telecommunications company that deals with Verizon, sprint(/subs), AT&T and whenever they have to code(using the term loosely) they use VB or C#, always. You were correct about how most jobs now a days will be for people who know the VB framework, but like Ive said before if you want to get into security or a similar field C# or VB won't be the best thing to learn.

Like 1up said, for web you should definitely learn php/sql no matter what.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo