04-12-2011, 07:25 PM #1
ZoneHD
Shiver do you lift?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Simple what programing languages do you know?

I my self only know basic HTML :( Other bits and bobs that i learned went away after i gave it up and couldnt be arsed :carling:
12-17-2011, 10:22 PM #65
Chrom3D
Big Sister
Originally posted by daviga404 View Post
I know:
-HTML (Not a programming language, a markup language)
-CSS
-Javascript
-PHP
-VB.NET
-A Little Java
-Batch
-Small Basic
-RBX.Lua
-A TINY bit of Actionscript
-JQuery *pushing it calling this a programming language*

First one I learned was VB.NET when I was about 9. Just went from there. I enjoy developing web pages using HTML, CSS, JS and PHP now. Winky Winky

9!!!!!!????? I had never heard of programming languages back then. I loved computers, but I never thought of how they were built up back then.

I'm now 16 and working on learning C#, and I gotta admit I feel kinda stupid while reading this xD. I know some Java, but that's about nothing.
12-17-2011, 11:46 PM #66
I know;
Web languages: PHP, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery
Programming Languages: VB, VB.Net, some C++, DOS, Batch
12-23-2011, 05:42 PM #67
I Go Nom
The cow... She go moo
C# and Java. Those were the only ones I got around to learning.
12-25-2011, 09:37 AM #68
Originally posted by ZoneHD View Post
Simple what programing languages do you know?

I my self only know basic HTML :( Other bits and bobs that i learned went away after i gave it up and couldnt be arsed :carling:

I know HTML, CSS, PHP, Batch(EASY!!), a little C++, and some Java that i learned from coding RSBot scripts
12-27-2011, 05:12 AM #69
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by Chrom3D View Post
9!!!!!!????? I had never heard of programming languages back then. I loved computers, but I never thought of how they were built up back then.

I'm now 16 and working on learning C#, and I gotta admit I feel kinda stupid while reading this xD. I know some Java, but that's about nothing.

I got my main access to a computer when I was 12, before that I wasn't allowed to use the internet.

Took me about 2 months to teach myself how to type, then I took a typing course in Middle school and, well passed it within a month. I started to look at Java and HTML but figured out how to do simple modifications to the code, I never could figure out where the software to actually learn to code was except those with Notepad but that was too complicated.

16 years old, I learned VB.Net and then quit stopped giving a crap as it is a crap language to learn. August, I essentially came back and learned C# so I'm with C# right now and am starting to make tutorials on it. I know some Java, to an extent although because my computer is not powerful at all, 1.0 rating, I can't do anything with what I know or else it freezes my computer.

In June I get a new computer but about two after I get it I start college and will be taking Com. Science courses so I will properly start learning languages from scratch. Smile

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Originally posted by NathanSTG View Post
I know HTML, CSS, PHP, Batch(EASY!!), a little C++, and some Java that i learned from coding RSBot scripts

HTML, I tried to learn it when our internet was down for a couple of days, I learned the basics, <div> and crap. (I took the source from an HTML file and opened it and self taught myself from there but I don't know how to use it very well. :/
12-27-2011, 05:38 AM #70
dreaM.
Haxor!
HTML
C
Php
Python
AutoIt (Enzo)
DOS
12-27-2011, 07:05 AM #71
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
Originally posted by reScript
HTML is mark-up code, not really a language. :p

Actually, HTML is a language, just not a Turing complete programming language.
12-27-2011, 08:28 AM #72
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
Originally posted by reScript
Trying to qualify the word language with the 'mark-up' prefix merely underlines how even the creators couldn't justify its meaning.
It is merely a simple method of encoding formatting and text.

It seems to some that with the addition of a few formatting commands a code becomes a language.

Alright, well it's because you're used to programming languages. Spanish is a language, English is a language, C++ is a language, SQL is a language, XML is a language, and so is HTML.

In fact, it's in the name, "HyperText Markup Language". Merriam-Webster defines a language as:
Originally posted by another user
the words, their pronunciation, and the methods of combining them used and understood by a community

HTML consists of words, or sequences of text, they can be pronounced and these "words" can indeed be combined. Also, they are most certainly understood by a community.

The thing a lot of people fail to understand is that HTML is not a programming language and is not meant to be in anyway whatsoever. There are a number of types of languages, markup, programming, and even the formal expression of mathematics or chemical equations could be considered a language as well.

So alas, HTML is a markup language, not a programming language, and it's not meant to be. The definition of markup in Wikipedia is:
Originally posted by another user
A markup language is a modern system for annotating a text in a way that is syntactically distinguishable from that text

HTML meets that definition.
12-27-2011, 11:16 AM #73
Just english, i dont know any computer languageHappy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo