08-10-2011, 03:59 AM #1
sendastunt
Trophy Hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys ! Last month I created my first website, using only Notepad++ and tutorials on the web.

You must login or register to view this content.

It's a very simple website about me, to show my old bike, doing stunts.

I used xHTML 1.0 strict, css, php & javascript

Sorry the writings are in french :(

Can you please tell me what you think about it ? Give me feedback here if you know what I could change
Last edited by sendastunt ; 09-27-2011 at 10:24 PM.

The following 3 users say thank you to sendastunt for this useful post:

Alexis Rhodes, Chrom3D, tylerallmighty
09-10-2011, 12:10 AM #38
sendastunt
Trophy Hunter
Originally posted by Chrom3D View Post
That's ****ing awesome!!! Im not could with MC. Can't ride it legally yet, turning 16 next Saturday, and the 19th (monday) I can do the test for mopeds. Where you learnt all that?

Btw you can do that with original parts? or you switched some? In my country you get a ticket for having trim parts. Norway here btw, and u?

I know a few stuntriders from norway :p

I had to change a few parts so that the stunts could be done more easily, but you could stunt with a full original setup

Police also give tickets here once the moped has got changed parts, I got a 45€ ticket for 'making to much noise' with my exhaust lol

DeAd_bLiTz I have seen your site, it's pretty cool too !! and much more interesting than mine, I was looking for info about COD's zombie mode, that's done thanks to your site !!
09-10-2011, 12:22 AM #39
Chrom3D
Big Sister
Originally posted by sendastunt View Post
I know a few stuntriders from norway :p

I had to change a few parts so that the stunts could be done more easily, but you could stunt with a full original setup

Police also give tickets here once the moped has got changed parts, I got a 45€ ticket for 'making to much noise' with my exhaust lol

DeAd_bLiTz I have seen your site, it's pretty cool too !! and much more interesting than mine, I was looking for info about COD's zombie mode, that's done thanks to your site !!

45€ ???!?!??!?!?! Some guy I know got a 558,65€ ticket for trim parts. + 3 dots. With 6 dots he loses his certificate.

Any advice on how I could style my bike? (Visualable) I've bought new mirrors, and Im trying to find some stickers, but can't find any cool once. I've thought of either Red Bull or Monster Engergy, but Im not sure. What do you thing? + Im going to switch out the rear indicators. And Im going to weld a new cover for the pot. (steinless steel)
09-10-2011, 12:26 AM #40
oO-GKUSH-Oo
< ^ > < ^ >
Where do you stay? And nice site im starting to get into this motocross thing. I wanna move to Cali and start off is that a good idea?
09-10-2011, 12:33 AM #41
sendastunt
Trophy Hunter
Originally posted by Chrom3D View Post
45€ ???!?!??!?!?! Some guy I know got a 558,65€ ticket for trim parts. + 3 dots. With 6 dots he loses his certificate.

Any advice on how I could style my bike? (Visualable) I've bought new mirrors, and Im trying to find some stickers, but can't find any cool once. I've thought of either Red Bull or Monster Engergy, but Im not sure. What do you thing? + Im going to switch out the rear indicators. And Im going to weld a new cover for the pot. (steinless steel)

I personaly think that the Yamaha TZR are already beautiful bikes even when all brand new everything stock, I don't know if you know the french site crazymoto (it's a forum) and in there you can find a parking with all the members bike, a lot of nice TZR, you should check it out ! I'll give you a link to it in MP as I dont think I'm allowed to post forum links here

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

Originally posted by 9484
Where do you stay? And nice site im starting to get into this motocross thing. I wanna move to Cali and start off is that a good idea?

I'm in France but I guess doing motocross/Stunts would be way better in the US because of your cool weather and very larges places, here, we cant do much, everything is small :(
09-10-2011, 11:36 AM #42
Chrom3D
Big Sister
Originally posted by sendastunt View Post
I personaly think that the Yamaha TZR are already beautiful bikes even when all brand new everything stock, I don't know if you know the french site crazymoto (it's a forum) and in there you can find a parking with all the members bike, a lot of nice TZR, you should check it out ! I'll give you a link to it in MP as I dont think I'm allowed to post forum links here

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

That's true, they already look beautiful, but I's always fun to have a project. By time I will paont mine "evo purple" with white wheels Winky Winky but since mines a 2010 model I do not want to do that untill It gets older, because If I fail at painting it, It gets awfull.

The following user thanked Chrom3D for this useful post:

sendastunt
09-12-2011, 02:51 AM #43
thanks for all
09-12-2011, 04:24 AM #44
DeLeTeD
Maggbot timeout!
For a first site it is pretty good, I will make some suggestions

- JScripts generally placed in the header as they are needed for functionality for calling up something. You have this one in the footer.
<script type="text/javascript" src="main.js"></script>

- For a first site you already are using get to make multi pages on one. Removing the p= using htaccess will make it look more professional Smile

- Making a website for the end user as well as search engines is all about speed. Images slow things down. You could construct the whole menu bar with pure css making the site load a lot faster

- Part of the speed is spirits. Change the Facebook image, email image and skyrock image to one image

- Put blank index files in your image and other sub directories containing just files. Its not a major deal breaker but it is good to keep your files more private.

Anyways thats all the suggestions I can provide for a basic site. Well done and keep up the good work.

The following user thanked DeLeTeD for this useful post:

sendastunt
09-12-2011, 11:04 AM #45
sendastunt
Trophy Hunter
Originally posted by DeLeTeD View Post

Thank you for all those suggestions ! I hope my future site will be better !

Originally posted by another user
Scripts generally placed in the header as they are needed for functionality for calling up something. You have this one in the footer.

Agreed, I just checked that and I did put the JS at the bottom on every page, I have no idea why I did that lol. I edited that.

Removing the p= using htaccess will make it look more professional

I was looking for a way to remove those, thanks for your help :p I didn't know anything about the .htaccess files, I'm learning what it is right now, it seems to offer lots of possibilities like passwording pages to restrict access, seems pretty nice

You could construct the whole menu bar with pure css making the site load a lot faster

I'm not experienced enough to make a nice looking menu bar using only css :(

Part of the speed is spirits. Change the Facebook image, email image and skyrock image to one image

You mean create one image then use "map" feature to create link zones on the image ?

Put blank index files in your image and other sub directories containing just files. Its not a major deal breaker but it is good to keep your files more private.

Thanks for this suggestion, I was also thinking about making something like that to make my FTP look less like a mess lol
Last edited by sendastunt ; 09-12-2011 at 11:29 AM.
09-12-2011, 12:41 PM #46
Herbal_T_Bag
You talkin to me?
Looks pretty good, nice stunts

The following user thanked Herbal_T_Bag for this useful post:

sendastunt

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo