02-18-2013, 11:06 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); My skype is piayer98

Here is one of my list: You must login or register to view this content.

I changed the RAM That is in the picture to a 4x4GB (16GB) like in this picture: You must login or register to view this content.

And not sure if I should change the GPU like I did in that picture I just posted above.

Anyhows, this will be my first ever build, and I would really love it to be a great build, maybe someone with experience could help out? I might need to change the motherboard, but that would mean I might have to change other components. So if anyone wants to guide me somewhere, I kinda don't want to go above $1,500 but will that mean I can't have a good as computer as I just posted in my current list?
02-26-2013, 04:11 AM #20
Millz
Worth the Weight
Originally posted by Clutch
Although the difference isn't worth £80, there is a noticeable difference in performance. Go check Tek Syndicate's benchmarks(the FX-8350 video).

OP, still need some info? I'm too lazy to look through the last two pages, reply if you do.

It's not exactly noticeable. The only games that I see that show more than a 5FPS difference are those that are poorly optimized, or old games in general. (Crysis Warhead and Metro2033) other than that, the differences are only worth a $15 increase if you ask me.

Let's not forget that these aren't really scientific benchmarks. These are just him walking through the game. One different move in one scenario could cause a different result when compared to another scenario when he did not make that move. They are really just rough estimates. And plus the 3570k overclocks like hell and is still better for gaming when it comes to price/performance.
02-26-2013, 04:25 AM #21
Originally posted by Millz View Post
It's not exactly noticeable. The only games that I see that show more than a 5FPS difference are those that are poorly optimized, or old games in general. (Crysis Warhead and Metro2033) other than that, the differences are only worth a $15 increase if you ask me.

Let's not forget that these aren't really scientific benchmarks. These are just him walking through the game. One different move in one scenario could cause a different result when compared to another scenario when he did not make that move. They are really just rough estimates. And plus the 3570k overclocks like hell and is still better for gaming when it comes to price/performance.

For gaming I totally agree that the 3570k is better price/performance, but the 3770k(which also overclocks quite nicely) is still better at the end of the day, even if not £80 better.

Also it's worth mentioning that AMD FX CPUs are heavy on multithreading and that's what the PS4 is getting, so PC ports may well start to utilise that better in the future.*

*Assuming that an AMD APU includes the equivalent of an AMD FX CPU.

The following user thanked Clutch Hunterr for this useful post:

Millz

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo