02-18-2013, 11:06 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); My skype is piayer98

Here is one of my list: You must login or register to view this content.

I changed the RAM That is in the picture to a 4x4GB (16GB) like in this picture: You must login or register to view this content.

And not sure if I should change the GPU like I did in that picture I just posted above.

Anyhows, this will be my first ever build, and I would really love it to be a great build, maybe someone with experience could help out? I might need to change the motherboard, but that would mean I might have to change other components. So if anyone wants to guide me somewhere, I kinda don't want to go above $1,500 but will that mean I can't have a good as computer as I just posted in my current list?
02-18-2013, 11:40 AM #2
Do you really need 16GB of RAM? Why does everyone splurge on RAM when it's pretty much useless I have 8GB and only ever use a max 35% of it and that's when I'm running photoshop and 4 other programs.

i7 again, that's overkill unless you are doing heavy video rendering or running CAD programs and for gaming an i52500k is better because IIRC it can be overclocked a lot better.

Get an i5 instead and upgrade another part of your build like the GPU also the PSU you've chose seems to be horrendously fucking powerful surley you don't need 1200W most people go for around 800W if not lower.

Take this with a pinch of salt though as I have no real practical experience in building PC's and have only compiled the parts for a build once so I could be wrong about some things.
02-18-2013, 12:01 PM #3
Originally posted by Anathema View Post
Do you really need 16GB of RAM? Why does everyone splurge on RAM when it's pretty much useless I have 8GB and only ever use a max 35% of it and that's when I'm running photoshop and 4 other programs.

i7 again, that's overkill unless you are doing heavy video rendering or running CAD programs and for gaming an i52500k is better because IIRC it can be overclocked a lot better.

Get an i5 instead and upgrade another part of your build like the GPU also the PSU you've chose seems to be horrendously fucking powerful surley you don't need 1200W most people go for around 800W if not lower.

Take this with a pinch of salt though as I have no real practical experience in building PC's and have only compiled the parts for a build once so I could be wrong about some things.

Thank you very much for the feed back, I will definitely take that into mind. The motherboard I chose was suposibly goodwith the i7 processor for overclocking. Also someone actually suggested me the power supply :|
02-18-2013, 12:39 PM #4
Originally posted by ServicesHD View Post
Thank you very much for the feed back, I will definitely take that into mind. The motherboard I chose was suposibly goodwith the i7 processor for overclocking. Also someone actually suggested me the power supply :|

Like I said, just take it with a pinch of salt, a few other people should reply and give you their opinions. I am by no means an expert on the topic just have a vague understanding and am relaying what I've heard before. If you get an i7 you may well need a PSU that can supply up to 1200W of power but it really depends what you want to use the PC for if it's just gaming an i5 will be okay.
02-18-2013, 06:06 PM #5
Millz
Worth the Weight

You don't need a 1200W PSU for an i7.

Get this build from here: You must login or register to view this content.

The motherboard you chose is useless. For $1500 you could get a 680 with a liquid cooling solution along with a SSD and HDD with a nice and clean looking case. Not to mention the 80+ Gold 850W PSU.
02-18-2013, 08:29 PM #6
Originally posted by Millz View Post
You don't need a 1200W PSU for an i7.

Get this build from here: You must login or register to view this content.

The motherboard you chose is useless. For $1500 you could get a 680 with a liquid cooling solution along with a SSD and HDD with a nice and clean looking case. Not to mention the 80+ Gold 850W PSU.

Thanks man, but the GPU looks really pricey for a 2gb GPU don't you think? Well coould you add my Skype and try make a good build with me? with the link you gave me would the new games coming out would it run on Max settings.
02-18-2013, 09:00 PM #7
Millz
Worth the Weight
Thanks man, but the GPU looks really pricey for a 2gb GPU don't you think? Well coould you add my Skype and try make a good build with me? with the link you gave me would the new games coming out would it run on Max settings.

Vram means nothing unless you are playing over 1920x1200 on more than one monitor. The 680 card kills the 7950. If you care a lot about that get a 7970 and you can save some money. The more "GB" you see doesn't mean the card is faster.
02-19-2013, 08:43 AM #8
Vram means nothing unless you are playing over 1920x1200 on more than one monitor. The 680 card kills the 7950. If you care a lot about that get a 7970 and you can save some money. The more "GB" you see doesn't mean the card is faster.

OK well I was actually planning on playing with two monitors later on when I could buy thesecond monitor, how much is your build and is it good?

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

Hey again Millz, I just made a new list sitting around $1500. Here it is, tell me what you think about it Smile You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by ServicesHD ; 02-19-2013 at 08:45 AM.
02-19-2013, 08:23 PM #9
Millz
Worth the Weight
OK well I was actually planning on playing with two monitors later on when I could buy thesecond monitor, how much is your build and is it good?

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

Hey again Millz, I just made a new list sitting around $1500. Here it is, tell me what you think about it Smile You must login or register to view this content.

Oh I see now why the prices are different. You're using the au.pcpartpicker while I was just using the regular .com variant.

Here's a better build for about coincidentally the exact same price as what you were looking at:

You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked Millz for this useful post:

ServicesHD
02-19-2013, 08:38 PM #10
Oh I see now why the prices are different. You're using the au.pcpartpicker while I was just using the regular .com variant.

Here's a better build for about coincidentally the exact same price as what you were looking at:

You must login or register to view this content.

Looks good dude, but wouldn't I rather use the i5 for gaming? Also would that motherboard be good with over clocking the CPU to around 4.2 plus? That s why I chose the water cooling over the fan

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo