09-11-2010, 04:10 PM #1
D-Rock1
Lvl1 Extremly Trustworthy
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); As almost all of us indulge in Trophy trades (buying, selling or trading), i thought it might be useful to compile some guidelines for people to bear in mind, in order, for the transaction to be pleasant.

I have had input from Shadymathers on this and collaborated my work with his to make the list. Please point out anything that you think should be in list and that i might have missed.

Here goes:

- DONT go online on someone' account unless its for syncing or doing trophies that require online gaming without his/her permission.
Agree on an approximate day or time beforehand. Better yet, add each other on PSN and communicate there when you need the account.

- DONT look through the other person' friends list or send messages. His/Her account is none of your business, do the trophies and thats that!

- Put a comment of the person' choice in the comment box,or if the person hasn't told me,then put 'NOT AVAILABLE' and not advertise yourself either.
You can leave comment box blank if you prefer not to write anything.

- PASS all messages that you recieve on someone' PSN account, to the respective person. Everyone communicates on PSN on varying degrees and it helps the person not to loose that continuity for various reasons.

- DONT go on someone' PSN store. Its none of your business and thats not involved in the deal. Do your end of the deal (syncing or playing for online trophies) and just stick at that.
Remember, if you even download one item from the person' account, he loses his free slot.

- If you have downloaded something from the person' account for doing trophies for him/her, then DEACTIVATE the account once the deal is done.
Simply deleting wont help, as the person cant use that free slot.

- STICK to the original deal agreed by both parties. A change in a deal has to be AGREED by both parties. Many a times trophies are not acquired on estimated times, just because trophies took longer than expected, doesnt mean you demand more from the buyer - its NOT the buyer' fault.

- DONT forget to delete the person' account after deal is done.

- Take only as many deals as you can handle in a timely manner.
On the other hand, please try to accomodate some delays in case they happen for genuine reason.

- EVERYONE make a second account, which is on the friend list of your Main account. This way you can log on the second account and have a look if someone is playing on your Main account for online trophies and then you wont Accidentally log him off.
This saves a lot of work, hassle and argument between 2 parties.

- Sync only till around 10% for someone' trophies to reflect on their account. No need to sync till 100%, it takes a very long time and is waste of time for both parties involved.

- BE careful that you dont play any other game on the person' acount. Nobody likes an extra 0% on their trophy list and quite a few of us have been the victim of it.
IF you have done this by error, then please OWN up to it.

- And remember to Communicate about everything and be Polite, hand-in-hand it goes a Long Way!!! Also, constantly update the other person about trophy progress, so they know where they stand.
Use MSN or AIM if both of you have it, helps in the aid of communication too Smile

- Once deal is done, can both parties please leave feedback for each other as soon as possible. It only seems a decent thing to do, considering the seller has spent quite a bit of time on the deal.

- It is recommended that you check this You must login or register to view this content., after every transaction. This will help you determine if the person syncing trophies on your account, actually downloaded something from your account.

PS: For guidelines regarding how to make a second/dummy account, check this excellent thread by Jedt You must login or register to view this content.

Also have a look at reasonings why NO ONE should ask for You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by D-Rock1 ; 12-11-2010 at 09:55 AM.

The following 30 users say thank you to D-Rock1 for this useful post:

-J-, -Warhawk-, Aluminium_Pig, andge12, Booooom, Daddy Cool, DarkGeneRaL_, DX2, giles0308, ginjaninja88, IchigoTheHollow, jedt, joe250, johnnyla, MaZoNY, Monky, MysticDragon, Nifty., REVeran, rewind1uk, RtotheB, shadymathers, Shooterfish, skoiler, snipe0311, wales079, wildhare, WorstShooter, xpyash, Yuki_240sx
09-14-2010, 12:19 AM #38
Daddy Cool
Eagle Driver
I think once a deal is made ..its done. People need to fix a price and not set a low price to get the deal and increase it later. I have 2 guys who offered a lower price to compete with trusted people here ..then increased it later.

Frankly I prefer shops like Arsn who are very clear about the price in their ad. This eliminates the need for pm'ing people and haggling or making offers. Its all out in the open and if people want something they know the price and contact the seller.
09-14-2010, 12:58 AM #39
D-Rock1
Originally posted by Daddy
I think once a deal is made ..its done. People need to fix a price and not set a low price to get the deal and increase it later. I have 2 guys who offered a lower price to compete with trusted people here ..then increased it later.

Frankly I prefer shops like Arsn who are very clear about the price in their ad. This eliminates the need for pm'ing people and haggling or making offers. Its all out in the open and if people want something they know the price and contact the seller.

That boils down to individual tastes then mate. I personally try to accomodate whatever i can depending on the person. And am sure everyone has some little ways preferred ways they like to operate.

I think it all boils down to communication...samjha lol.
09-14-2010, 01:24 AM #40
aifia
Scandinavian

Yes Im on your side. Its like in real life, if I cant see a price on something in a store that I would like to buy, then I just leave. Even if I hafto go to another place, if they cant put out a price then they don't get any money from me :P

But yea, I honestly think prices in the topic is the best way to go for everyone. But its up to the seller. But I think they loose some customers over it, not everyone wants to PM 4-5 different plat sellers to get the best price. Easier just to go into each shop and see - if everyone now would have prices! And would also take away so much time put into PM's and post replys in threads asking prices.

But its a matter of taste, I know. But I for one are on your side regarding this. It's alot easier for us buyers. But I guess sellers might want to get as much $ as possible :angel:

But yea, dont jump on me now for this. Just my opinion. In the long way, its the sellers way or the highway :love:

The following user thanked aifia for this useful post:

Daddy Cool
09-14-2010, 08:51 AM #41
Daddy Cool
Eagle Driver
Originally posted by Dhiraj1 View Post
That boils down to individual tastes then mate. I personally try to accomodate whatever i can depending on the person. And am sure everyone has some little ways preferred ways they like to operate.

I think it all boils down to communication...samjha lol.

Yeah true but in almost any business/store its a lot easier to get business when your goods are tagged with a price. This ain't the macchi market in Dhobi Talao Mumbai...I know some guys are fishing for better offers but some guy ends up paying more and some less..then the guy who pays more feels ripped off. I have had comments from some members here about this who have been in this situation.

This is why its always a pleasure to deal with guys like Arsn, Carbine etc who have a set price. To me this eliminates an unnecessary trail of PMS. If I want the game I just ask him when he can start/finish and what his Paypal email address is.

Accomodating is one thing but if you are doing a game you should know what its worth or what you think it is worth to you. There should be no need to have someone haggle back and forth.

The following user thanked Daddy Cool for this useful post:

aifia
09-14-2010, 03:10 PM #42
D-Rock1
Yeah true but in almost any business/store its a lot easier to get business when your goods are tagged with a price. This ain't the macchi market in Dhobi Talao Mumbai...I know some guys are fishing for better offers but some guy ends up paying more and some less..then the guy who pays more feels ripped off. I have had comments from some members here about this who have been in this situation.

This is why its always a pleasure to deal with guys like Arsn, Carbine etc who have a set price. To me this eliminates an unnecessary trail of PMS. If I want the game I just ask him when he can start/finish and what his Paypal email address is.

Accomodating is one thing but if you are doing a game you should know what its worth or what you think it is worth to you. There should be no need to have someone haggle back and forth.

Hmm i quite agree with you there mate, but as it boils down to personal preferences, i cant put it in a guideline.
09-14-2010, 05:16 PM #43
Yuki_240sx
☆§µmm€®~¥µkı☆
ohh i was thinking,

• Don't take on to many deals unless you can handle all of them in a timely manner.
  • Show the deals in progress and complete one or two before accepting another deal.

have to admit M4 is a good guy but he's been taking on too many deals lately, don't know if he can accommodate to everyone's need for the plat. so just a word of thought that might be useful on the guidelines

x
Last edited by Yuki_240sx ; 09-14-2010 at 06:18 PM.
09-14-2010, 06:10 PM #44
D-Rock1
Originally posted by 240sx View Post
ohh i was thinking,

• Don't take on to many deals unless you can handle all of them in a timely manner.
  • Show the deals in progress and complete one or two before accepting another deal.

have to admit M4 is a good guy but he's been taking on too many deals lately, don't know if he can accommodate to everyone's need for the plat. so just a word of thought that might be useful on the guidelines

Added mate and couple of other updates on the guidelines.
09-14-2010, 06:25 PM #45
Yuki_240sx
☆§µmm€®~¥µkı☆
Originally posted by Dhiraj1 View Post
Added mate and couple of other updates on the guidelines.

cool, the guideline is looking really impressive so far, and looks to get better as we think of other things that need to be addressed when dealing with trades. keep up the good work mate. :y:Claps:beer:

x

The following user thanked Yuki_240sx for this useful post:

D-Rock1
09-16-2010, 04:43 PM #46
D-Rock1
Updated again...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo