09-11-2010, 04:10 PM #1
D-Rock1
Lvl1 Extremly Trustworthy
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); As almost all of us indulge in Trophy trades (buying, selling or trading), i thought it might be useful to compile some guidelines for people to bear in mind, in order, for the transaction to be pleasant.

I have had input from Shadymathers on this and collaborated my work with his to make the list. Please point out anything that you think should be in list and that i might have missed.

Here goes:

- DONT go online on someone' account unless its for syncing or doing trophies that require online gaming without his/her permission.
Agree on an approximate day or time beforehand. Better yet, add each other on PSN and communicate there when you need the account.

- DONT look through the other person' friends list or send messages. His/Her account is none of your business, do the trophies and thats that!

- Put a comment of the person' choice in the comment box,or if the person hasn't told me,then put 'NOT AVAILABLE' and not advertise yourself either.
You can leave comment box blank if you prefer not to write anything.

- PASS all messages that you recieve on someone' PSN account, to the respective person. Everyone communicates on PSN on varying degrees and it helps the person not to loose that continuity for various reasons.

- DONT go on someone' PSN store. Its none of your business and thats not involved in the deal. Do your end of the deal (syncing or playing for online trophies) and just stick at that.
Remember, if you even download one item from the person' account, he loses his free slot.

- If you have downloaded something from the person' account for doing trophies for him/her, then DEACTIVATE the account once the deal is done.
Simply deleting wont help, as the person cant use that free slot.

- STICK to the original deal agreed by both parties. A change in a deal has to be AGREED by both parties. Many a times trophies are not acquired on estimated times, just because trophies took longer than expected, doesnt mean you demand more from the buyer - its NOT the buyer' fault.

- DONT forget to delete the person' account after deal is done.

- Take only as many deals as you can handle in a timely manner.
On the other hand, please try to accomodate some delays in case they happen for genuine reason.

- EVERYONE make a second account, which is on the friend list of your Main account. This way you can log on the second account and have a look if someone is playing on your Main account for online trophies and then you wont Accidentally log him off.
This saves a lot of work, hassle and argument between 2 parties.

- Sync only till around 10% for someone' trophies to reflect on their account. No need to sync till 100%, it takes a very long time and is waste of time for both parties involved.

- BE careful that you dont play any other game on the person' acount. Nobody likes an extra 0% on their trophy list and quite a few of us have been the victim of it.
IF you have done this by error, then please OWN up to it.

- And remember to Communicate about everything and be Polite, hand-in-hand it goes a Long Way!!! Also, constantly update the other person about trophy progress, so they know where they stand.
Use MSN or AIM if both of you have it, helps in the aid of communication too Smile

- Once deal is done, can both parties please leave feedback for each other as soon as possible. It only seems a decent thing to do, considering the seller has spent quite a bit of time on the deal.

- It is recommended that you check this You must login or register to view this content., after every transaction. This will help you determine if the person syncing trophies on your account, actually downloaded something from your account.

PS: For guidelines regarding how to make a second/dummy account, check this excellent thread by Jedt You must login or register to view this content.

Also have a look at reasonings why NO ONE should ask for You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by D-Rock1 ; 12-11-2010 at 09:55 AM.

The following 30 users say thank you to D-Rock1 for this useful post:

-J-, -Warhawk-, Aluminium_Pig, andge12, Booooom, Daddy Cool, DarkGeneRaL_, DX2, giles0308, ginjaninja88, IchigoTheHollow, jedt, joe250, johnnyla, MaZoNY, Monky, MysticDragon, Nifty., REVeran, rewind1uk, RtotheB, shadymathers, Shooterfish, skoiler, snipe0311, wales079, wildhare, WorstShooter, xpyash, Yuki_240sx
10-09-2010, 05:42 PM #56
D-Rock1
Updated again...
10-10-2010, 03:29 PM #57
Yuki_240sx
☆§µmm€®~¥µkı☆
was thinking, what if a seller had quite a few of disputes against them which haven't been resolved, yet they are still doing deals for ppl. should the mods revoke their selling privileges until all the disputes have been resolved and they are cleared of being a called "potential scammer".

i'm not thinking straight atm:???:, under the weather :gluk: and my head is killing me but just thought i ask, and see if this should be added into the ongoing list. aite then later. [collapse]

-Yuki-

x
10-10-2010, 03:47 PM #58
D-Rock1
Originally posted by 240sx View Post
was thinking, what if a seller had quite a few of disputes against them which haven't been resolved, yet they are still doing deals for ppl. should the mods revoke their selling privileges until all the disputes have been resolved and they are cleared of being a called "potential scammer".

i'm not thinking straight atm:???:, under the weather :gluk: and my head is killing me but just thought i ask, and see if this should be added into the ongoing list. aite then later. [collapse]

-Yuki-

x

I see your point mate, but that exactly isnt a guideline. Its more of potential scammer issue. What i aim for this thread to be is how things should be with ANY trade.

Your point refers to whether one should be chosen to trade with whilst unresolved issues are around. This is Prior to the actual trade, whilst the thread aims to indicate guidelines for during and just after the trade.

Hope thats ok with you Smile

The following user thanked D-Rock1 for this useful post:

Yuki_240sx
10-10-2010, 03:51 PM #59
Yuki_240sx
☆§µmm€®~¥µkı☆
Originally posted by Rock1 View Post
I see your point mate, but that exactly isnt a guideline. Its more of potential scammer issue. What i aim for this thread to be is how things should be with ANY trade.

Your point refers to whether one should be chosen to trade with whilst unresolved issues are around. This is Prior to the actual trade, whilst the thread aims to indicate guidelines for during and just after the trade.

Hope thats ok with you Smile

ahh yes thanks for clearing that up with me mate....
this cold is getting the best of me, totally messing with my mind and i'm not me atm lol. i don't know who else i can be but me lol but yeah thanks for that. gotta open a thread about this then, though this might get chaotic if i do lol. ohh well i'm a risk taker bwahahaha. -coughing coughing- ohh that hurt ha ha ha
10-17-2010, 12:32 AM #60
shannon_m12
Little One
[quote/]
- It is recommended that you check this You must login or register to view this content., after every transaction. This will help you determine if the person syncing trophies on your account, actually downloaded something from your account.

[/quote]

how does this site help? It asks for a user n pass but what one?? Can anyone say theyve used it?

Edit: i googled it and its a video on demand thing, how will this help us?
Last edited by shannon_m12 ; 10-17-2010 at 12:40 AM.
10-28-2010, 12:08 PM #61
D-Rock1
Originally posted by m12 View Post
[quote/]

how does this site help? It asks for a user n pass but what one?? Can anyone say theyve used it?

Edit: i googled it and its a video on demand thing, how will this help us?[/QUOTE]
Lets say if you had 1 slot free on your PSN account. After doing a deal, you check this link. And now the link sayd, that you dont have ANY free slots. That would mean that the person you just dealt with has used your PSN account for downloading stuff.
10-28-2010, 12:48 PM #62
shannon_m12
Little One

Edit: i googled it and its a video on demand thing, how will this help us?

Lets say if you had 1 slot free on your PSN account. After doing a deal, you check this link. And now the link sayd, that you dont have ANY free slots. That would mean that the person you just dealt with has used your PSN account for downloading stuff.[/QUOte]

Ahh gotcha thanks man
12-09-2010, 12:47 AM #63
Yuki_240sx
☆§µmm€®~¥µkı☆
almost all of us indulge in Trophy

just something that might need some looking into.
ˇˇˇˇˇˇ
Sellers need to honor the price they have set on their OP prior to making a final deal with a seller. If they change the price for a game that's in part of a deal, they have to still honor that price with everyone that made a deal before they changed the price. Only then will they be able charge any new buyers with the new price.

Ex: if someone were to buy a plat from a seller, and he/she has a price already listed on his shop. The buyer would assume that would be the price they are getting it for. The buyer and seller agree to the price on the OP and things go well. Then all of a sudden when the seller is ready to sync, they raise the price for the plat due to some sort of problem and the seller expects the buyer to pay for the new price. it's not fair and the seller should honor the price they originally agreed on.

The following 3 users say thank you to Yuki_240sx for this useful post:

-J-, Aluminium_Pig, jedt
12-11-2010, 09:58 AM #64
D-Rock1
Originally posted by 240sx View Post
just something that might need some looking into.
ˇˇˇˇˇˇ
Sellers need to honor the price they have set on their OP prior to making a final deal with a seller. If they change the price for a game that's in part of a deal, they have to still honor that price with everyone that made a deal before they changed the price. Only then will they be able charge any new buyers with the new price.

Ex: if someone were to buy a plat from a seller, and he/she has a price already listed on his shop. The buyer would assume that would be the price they are getting it for. The buyer and seller agree to the price on the OP and things go well. Then all of a sudden when the seller is ready to sync, they raise the price for the plat due to some sort of problem and the seller expects the buyer to pay for the new price. it's not fair and the seller should honor the price they originally agreed on.

added mate.

I wish everyone read these guidelines...one of the people (out of 4) i recently dealt with has taken my LAST free slot on psn store. I had kept that one as a backup for ylod and am really pissed about it.
All 4 of them say they havent done it...and am getting them to deactivate my account.

Its so pathetic that people have the cheek to download stuff and then not even OWN up to it.

The following user thanked D-Rock1 for this useful post:

Yuki_240sx

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo