10-07-2015, 06:05 PM #1
mrtn
Little One
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); _____
Last edited by mrtn ; 12-12-2015 at 03:47 AM.

The following 9 users say thank you to mrtn for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, Egzec, EternalHabit, Exelo, FRINZ, Learning, LoveModz-, Scotty4.11, snapin
10-12-2015, 05:30 PM #11
Originally posted by 0x0000000 View Post
Hi,

Got bored of working on my main menu (Resurrection Remade) so just took a little break from it to make this little menu base :p
Worked on it for a couple of hours and tested it alot in online and didn't crash a single time so it's pretty stable.
Might be a little advanced if you're completely new.

The performance and stability all depends on you after you download it and mess around with it.

Here's a video of it:

Features:

Fixed HUD elems
- No more grayed out text elems
- No need to adjust your menu to all resolutions (Works on every resolution)

Stable
Fully working verification
Scroller remembrance

Bugs:

Only one i've found
- Menu thread dies if you play private match while host and then go online without host.

Stuff required:

PS3 SDK
Visual Studio 2010 with PS3 SDK integration

How to add a sub menu:

New_Menu(clientnumber, Minimum verification (e.g VERIFIED), MenuID (1-17), MaxScroll(Amount of Options), ScrollID (Option to set scroll to when you enter the menu), "Menu Title", Here you put a char* array of 18, you can create one yourself or use a pre-made one (named SubMenu1-16));

The pre-made SubMenu arrays can be found at the very top under the menu_structure struct

Creating a char* array for your own sub menus:

char* NewSub[18] = { "", "Option 1!", "Option 2!", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "" };
*Note* Always leave the first string empty as if it wasn't there. Too lazy to fix that right now so it'll mess up the menu if you put a string there lmao

How to add functions:

case MENUID HERE: //Sub Menu MENUID - This is how you add the functions to an option in a sub menu. Sub menu 2 would be case 2: and so on.
{
switch (ScrollID)
{
case 1: //Scroll position 1
{
//Place your function inside the case
}
break;
case 2: //Scroll position 2
{

}
break;
case 3: //Scroll position 3
{

}
break;
case 4: //Scroll position 4
{

}
break;
case 5: //Scroll position 5
{

}
break;
}
} break;

How the MenuID's are defined:

MenuID 0 = Main Menu
MenuID 1-16 = Sub Menus
MenuID 17 = Player Menu
MenuID 99 = Client Menu (The options used on clients)

Here's how the main menu is setup with the function for creating the sub menus:

You must login or register to view this content.

Download:

Really nice, glad some people are still working on this old ass game, but the coding in this is a little ughhhh, I can see why those bugs are occurring; you should use a hook of some sort and use the notifies rather than checking cl_ingame, that should fix some things
10-12-2015, 06:17 PM #12
Good shit man. Maybe make some things for other cods
10-19-2015, 06:24 AM #13
FRINZ
I’m too L33T
how weird i see ppl realesing base source and yet no one has done a menu using this how sad c: nice base by the way im gonna create sumthing outta this takes for this seb5594
10-27-2015, 02:15 AM #14
Jakes625
Trippy Hippy
Originally posted by 0x0000000 View Post
Hi,

Got bored of working on my main menu (Resurrection Remade) so just took a little break from it to make this little menu base :p
Worked on it for a couple of hours and tested it alot in online and didn't crash a single time so it's pretty stable.
Might be a little advanced if you're completely new.

The performance and stability all depends on you after you download it and mess around with it.

Here's a video of it:

Features:

Fixed HUD elems
- No more grayed out text elems
- No need to adjust your menu to all resolutions (Works on every resolution)

Stable
Fully working verification
Scroller remembrance

Bugs:

Only one i've found
- Menu thread dies if you play private match while host and then go online without host.

Stuff required:

PS3 SDK
Visual Studio 2010 with PS3 SDK integration

How to add a sub menu:

New_Menu(clientnumber, Minimum verification (e.g VERIFIED), MenuID (1-17), MaxScroll(Amount of Options), ScrollID (Option to set scroll to when you enter the menu), "Menu Title", Here you put a char* array of 18, you can create one yourself or use a pre-made one (named SubMenu1-16));

The pre-made SubMenu arrays can be found at the very top under the menu_structure struct

Creating a char* array for your own sub menus:

char* NewSub[18] = { "", "Option 1!", "Option 2!", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "" };
*Note* Always leave the first string empty as if it wasn't there. Too lazy to fix that right now so it'll mess up the menu if you put a string there lmao

How to add functions:

case MENUID HERE: //Sub Menu MENUID - This is how you add the functions to an option in a sub menu. Sub menu 2 would be case 2: and so on.
{
switch (ScrollID)
{
case 1: //Scroll position 1
{
//Place your function inside the case
}
break;
case 2: //Scroll position 2
{

}
break;
case 3: //Scroll position 3
{

}
break;
case 4: //Scroll position 4
{

}
break;
case 5: //Scroll position 5
{

}
break;
}
} break;

How the MenuID's are defined:

MenuID 0 = Main Menu
MenuID 1-16 = Sub Menus
MenuID 17 = Player Menu
MenuID 99 = Client Menu (The options used on clients)

Here's how the main menu is setup with the function for creating the sub menus:

Download:

you have access to memory! make it dynamic!
10-28-2015, 01:08 AM #15
SyGnUs
Give a F*** About Your Lifestyle
Originally posted by Jakes625 View Post
you have access to memory! make it dynamic!

What do you mean by make it dynamic?
10-28-2015, 05:18 AM #16
Jakes625
Trippy Hippy
Originally posted by SyGnUs View Post
What do you mean by make it dynamic?

Looks like you need to define constant variables for the amount of items/menus you have. Also checkout callback functions, PS3 Lib has some in there.

The following user thanked Jakes625 for this useful post:

mrtn
10-28-2015, 07:28 AM #17
SyGnUs
Looks like you need to define constant variables for the amount of items/menus you have. Also checkout callback functions, PS3 Lib has some in there.

Ah so basically let that kind of stuff get dynamically updated, as in not doing it manually? As for callback functions, haven't really messed with them much personally, so would have to do more research on those.
10-30-2015, 04:39 AM #18
Jakes625
Trippy Hippy
Originally posted by SyGnUs View Post
Ah so basically let that kind of stuff get dynamically updated, as in not doing it manually? As for callback functions, haven't really messed with them much personally, so would have to do more research on those.

or better yet, to have it dynamic and still save memory, you can initiate a menu with a max value, then populate from there.

Callback functions are pretty easy to use as well. As long as you know what pointers are, which being a sprx (which is in C) I don't think you'll have an issue there.
10-31-2015, 08:24 AM #19
SyGnUs
or better yet, to have it dynamic and still save memory, you can initiate a menu with a max value, then populate from there.

Callback functions are pretty easy to use as well. As long as you know what pointers are, which being a sprx (which is in C) I don't think you'll have an issue there.

Ah ok, I think I understand what you mean. And yeah I looked into callback functions and seems I have already been using them before in my SPRXs, never knew that's what they were called though.

The following user thanked SyGnUs for this useful post:

Jakes625

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo