06-07-2014, 05:06 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So I'm finally gonna build a PC, I've been putting it off for ages because I was too lazy to do it but seeing as I've finished Uni for the year and have some free time I thought I'd do it. I have this so far, just want some of NGU to have a look and see if there are any glaring errors with it or if there are parts you would recommended instead of what I've already selected. Also I'm looking for recommendations for monitors, my ideal would be to hook up 3 but I'm going to start with one and add more over time, probably looking at 1920 x 1080 res and I've heard good things about IPS monitors too, I'm not really sure there's a point going above that res right now as no games or anime are in native resolutions higher than this and 4k is starting to get here but not enough for me to by a 4k monitor.

You must login or register to view this content.
06-10-2014, 05:55 AM #11
Originally posted by Toke View Post
Korean monitors are excellent if I can usually fix the little bit of back light bleed and they over clock over to over 100hz if you get a qnix evolution. Also what is computer budget?

Probably around £1500 is the max I'm willing to spend on the PC.
06-10-2014, 03:18 PM #12
So I've ordered all the other parts now except the HDD and monitor as these were out of stock, well, the monitor was just unavailable so I was gonna choose soemthing else got this in mind at the moment:

Anyone else have something better?
06-10-2014, 04:18 PM #13
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Madison
So I've ordered all the other parts now except the HDD and monitor as these were out of stock, well, the monitor was just unavailable so I was gonna choose soemthing else got this in mind at the moment:

Anyone else have something better?

Its nice but what parts do did u order :FU:
06-11-2014, 09:04 AM #14
Its nice but what parts do did u order :FU:

Everything in the OP except the monitor hard drive and RAM, switched the RAM to a vengance pro and changed the monitor to an asus pb238q also got a WD black series HDD instead of a caviar black.
06-11-2014, 10:31 AM #15
Toke
PC Master Race
Everything in the OP except the monitor hard drive and RAM, switched the RAM to a vengance pro and changed the monitor to an asus pb238q also got a WD black series HDD instead of a caviar black.

What CPU and graphics card u looking at :fa:
06-11-2014, 07:26 PM #16
What CPU and graphics card u looking at :fa:

Eva GeForce GTX 780 3GB & intel core i5 4670K. All the stuff arrived today, now I'm just waiting on the HDD and monitor, I need to build the fucking thing now Drack I have no idea where to start with CPU and mobo shit, I'm just gonna call my mate up and get him to help me do that, the rest seems pretty simple I'm just paranoid about breaking something as I've never done this before.
06-11-2014, 07:30 PM #17
Toke
PC Master Race
Eva GeForce GTX 780 3GB & intel core i5 4670K. All the stuff arrived today, now I'm just waiting on the HDD and monitor, I need to build the fucking thing now Drack I have no idea where to start with CPU and mobo shit, I'm just gonna call my mate up and get him to help me do that, the rest seems pretty simple I'm just paranoid about breaking something as I've never done this before.
this video

The following user thanked Toke for this useful post:

Madison Taylor
09-16-2014, 12:04 PM #18
Snoop
I’m too L33T
u need to get off that milk in your face :troll:
09-16-2014, 04:16 PM #19
gamer89117
Can’t trickshot me!
If your going to get a monitor go with 1920x1200 resolution, it makes a huge difference and is worth it. Also, about refresh rates, unless you're super human, you cant tell the difference between a 60ghz and 120ghz monitor. For hard drives, get a 120gb SSD for your operating system stuff and then a 1TB 7,200 HDD for everything else.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo