06-07-2014, 05:06 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So I'm finally gonna build a PC, I've been putting it off for ages because I was too lazy to do it but seeing as I've finished Uni for the year and have some free time I thought I'd do it. I have this so far, just want some of NGU to have a look and see if there are any glaring errors with it or if there are parts you would recommended instead of what I've already selected. Also I'm looking for recommendations for monitors, my ideal would be to hook up 3 but I'm going to start with one and add more over time, probably looking at 1920 x 1080 res and I've heard good things about IPS monitors too, I'm not really sure there's a point going above that res right now as no games or anime are in native resolutions higher than this and 4k is starting to get here but not enough for me to by a 4k monitor.

You must login or register to view this content.
09-16-2014, 11:25 PM #20
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by gamer89117 View Post
If your going to get a monitor go with 1920x1200 resolution, it makes a huge difference and is worth it. Also, about refresh rates, unless you're super human, you cant tell the difference between a 60ghz and 120ghz monitor. For hard drives, get a 120gb SSD for your operating system stuff and then a 1TB 7,200 HDD for everything else.

He alredy bought the pc and theres a big difference in 60 and 120hz
09-21-2014, 11:43 AM #21
If your going to get a monitor go with 1920x1200 resolution, it makes a huge difference and is worth it. Also, about refresh rates, unless you're super human, you cant tell the difference between a 60ghz and 120ghz monitor. For hard drives, get a 120gb SSD for your operating system stuff and then a 1TB 7,200 HDD for everything else.

As Toke said, I built this months ago now, though I'm looking at getting a second monitor, my first monitor is a Asus PB238Q 1920 x 1080 IPS 23" display, I now want to use it as a second portrait display then get a new centre display preferably of 2560 x 1440 resolution and at larger size so it would look good next to (eventually) 2 portrait monitors. Speakers are optional, I use an amplifier and headphones all the time anyway.

If you got any recs for that, that would be helpful, I also prioritise colour correctness over response time as I really don't play games all that often in fact I'm not even running windows on this desktop as my main OS, only as a small dualboot for a couple of games (Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fallout NV) I don't play any other games, but it's nice to have to option too when I get really bored.
09-22-2014, 11:59 PM #22
Rath
Today Will Be Different

First, refresh rate isn't measured in gigahertz, it's solely measured in hertz. Second, you can tell the difference between 60hz, 120hz, and 144hz. As someone who owns a VG248QE I can guarantee that anyone can, the whole you can only see 60hz myth has been debunked numerous times.

The following user thanked Rath for this useful post:

09-29-2014, 05:19 PM #23
Originally posted by Rath View Post
First, refresh rate isn't measured in gigahertz, it's solely measured in hertz. Second, you can tell the difference between 60hz, 120hz, and 144hz. As someone who owns a VG248QE I can guarantee that anyone can, the whole you can only see 60hz myth has been debunked numerous times.

this 100+ hz is made by frequently blinking backlight as I've heard

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo