12-22-2016, 09:20 AM #1
ymh
Treasure hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); i recently decided that i wanted to get a Development console from the UK, it's a DECHA. is it safe to use this console online on ofw if i update it to 4.78 DEX OFW? or should i just install ITA 4.75 and be done with it? i wanna keep it on OFW if i can as i wanna use it normally. i just don't see the point in having it sent to sony to have destroyed or just having it sitting in a corner for no one to use.
Last edited by ymh ; 12-22-2016 at 09:22 AM.
12-27-2016, 10:27 AM #2
Originally posted by JFT View Post
i recently decided that i wanted to get a Development console from the UK, it's a DECHA. is it safe to use this console online on ofw if i update it to 4.78 DEX OFW? or should i just install ITA 4.75 and be done with it? i wanna keep it on OFW if i can as i wanna use it normally. i just don't see the point in having it sent to sony to have destroyed or just having it sitting in a corner for no one to use.

I would just leave it as it is but that's just based on my thoughts its really up to you. I would want to update it to rebug to see if you can be online and not get banned with a devkit but at the same time i don't I'm pretty sure developers kits have a higher chance to be bricked btw its really up to you
12-27-2016, 10:34 AM #3
ymh
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by JavierFuentes View Post
I would just leave it as it is but that's just based on my thoughts its really up to you. I would want to update it to rebug to see if you can be online and not get banned with a devkit but at the same time i don't I'm pretty sure developers kits have a higher chance to be bricked btw its really up to you

its currently on a pre 3.00 xmb not sure what its on i've not checked but i'll have a look into it at a later date. thanks anyways Smile
12-27-2016, 10:39 AM #4
its currently on a pre 3.00 xmb not sure what its on i've not checked but i'll have a look into it at a later date. thanks anyways Smile

Yea no problem.Kryptus

The following user thanked JavierFuentes for this useful post:

ymh
12-27-2016, 10:43 AM #5
ymh
Treasure hunter
those DECR versions of the ps3 are huge, need a server rack for one of them lol. would be cool to have a console with twice the ram though. but i'm happy with what i got.
12-27-2016, 10:51 AM #6
those DECR versions of the ps3 are huge, need a server rack for one of them lol. would be cool to have a console with twice the ram though. but i'm happy with what i got.

Does your dev console have PlayStation Home installed?
12-27-2016, 12:57 PM #7
ymh
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
Does your dev console have PlayStation Home installed?

no, i didn't see it, console is on 1.92
12-27-2016, 12:58 PM #8
no, i didn't see it, console is on 1.92

Ah... would've been interesting if it was, since the dev folder doesn't load correctly on a jailbroken PS3, but only a devkit. Sal
12-27-2016, 01:06 PM #9
ymh
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
Ah... would've been interesting if it was, since the dev folder doesn't load correctly on a jailbroken PS3, but only a devkit. Sal

not hard to update them to a supported firmware. i'm kinda scared to use this console much as it gets very hot very fast, i'm gonna pull it apart and improve the cooling idc if it decreases the value its mine now lol.

as for getting the dev folder to work on jailbreak have you tried the leaf method? i personally don't know how to install it to partion EID0 but i have the 4,75 leaf files thats suppose to allow dex converted consoles to use dex ofw but i personally like i said have no idea how to change it and do't wanna ever mess with it.
Last edited by ymh ; 12-27-2016 at 01:09 PM.
12-27-2016, 01:11 PM #10
not hard to update them to a supported firmware. i'm kinda scared to use this console much as it gets very hot very fast, i'm gonna pull it apart and improve the cooling idc if it decreases the value its mine now lol.

Hmm, wouldn't improving the cooling increase the value? The thing is, a devkit/testkit is only supposed to be go online on the QA and sp-int networks, not np, as those channels are for developers and quality assurance (means they have their own separate PlayStation network just for devs, and is tied to a production or developing company. You cannot create a developer PSN account, so going online on here would be pretty much nil.) I've talked to a Sony game developer about things like this. A devkit cant go on retail PSN, and a retail cant go on dev PSN (without jailbreak and a dev account)

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo