12-22-2016, 09:20 AM #1
ymh
Treasure hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); i recently decided that i wanted to get a Development console from the UK, it's a DECHA. is it safe to use this console online on ofw if i update it to 4.78 DEX OFW? or should i just install ITA 4.75 and be done with it? i wanna keep it on OFW if i can as i wanna use it normally. i just don't see the point in having it sent to sony to have destroyed or just having it sitting in a corner for no one to use.
Last edited by ymh ; 12-22-2016 at 09:22 AM.
12-27-2016, 01:15 PM #11
ymh
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
Hmm, wouldn't improving the cooling increase the value? The thing is, a devkit/testkit is only supposed to be go online on the QA and sp-int networks, not np, as those channels are for developers and quality assurance (means they have their own separate PlayStation network just for devs, and is tied to a production or developing company. You cannot create a developer PSN account, so going online on here would be pretty much nil.) I've talked to a Sony game developer about things like this. A devkit cant go on retail PSN, and a retail cant go on dev PSN (without jailbreak and a dev account)

kinda figured i'd needa jailbreak it to go online. can test consoles even install a dex cfw such as 4.75 ITA? if so i guess i'd just install that and use a retail CID. so long as i can go back to ofw at anytime without risking a brick it'll be right.

i knew about private company networks just didn't know if NP would work or not.

And no, from a collecters point of view it decreases the value, for people who intend on using them everyday then yes it would increase value depending on the cooling mods.
Last edited by ymh ; 12-27-2016 at 01:24 PM.
12-27-2016, 01:19 PM #12
Originally posted by JFT View Post
kinda figured i'd needa jailbreak it to go online. can test consoles even install a dex cfw such as 4.75 ITA? if so i guess i'd just install that and use a retail CID. so long as i can go back to ofw at anytime without risking a brick it'll be right.

i knew about private company networks just didn't know if NP would work or not.

Would think it better to leave the console as is, but with a devkit, you could build your own game, yes?
12-27-2016, 01:31 PM #13
ymh
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
Would think it better to leave the console as is, but with a devkit, you could build your own game, yes?

still would need the software to make a game on the pc, i have the SDK but i don't have a engine or anything like that so best i could is probably make a indie game in app forum but that could be done on a jailbreak. Wouldn't know where to started getting software to make a proper indie game. i got it more a less because i wanted a test ps3. just something different. and if can install dex cfw it shouldn't remove any of the functionality of a proper dex console but idk i don't feel game enough to try as i don't have a t flasher or something like that to read nand ps3's so if i was to brick it i would be screwed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo