08-27-2010, 06:11 PM #1
ajt_894
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Sony has won a temporary ban to prevent Australian distributors selling the PS3 Mod chip. More information can be found here in a BBC news report.

You must login or register to view this content.
08-28-2010, 05:49 PM #20
Originally posted by WSW View Post
Or I could just look for a PSID spoofer.

More like program your own! First you are going to need to sniff around the flash! I think we need a Linux emu to run inside the GameOs So that we can access and interpert the data, I think you might have to write the code to run the flash thru a decrypter that is programmed into the ps3, But then again I really dont know (Sorry Guyz I am not a leet hacker) But I do know that Id is going to be on the flash.

But Still then sony can still ban you everytime you get online, I dont think you understand the full complexity of the situation TBH.

Please goto Ps3News and read up, I dont want to type.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Originally posted by WSW View Post
Or I could just look for a PSID spoofer.

Also upload me some pics of yours, Please!
08-28-2010, 11:20 PM #21
killer007
Gym leader
Originally posted by BabyGravy View Post
This is pretty good, Except this thing supposedly is a copy of the Sony Jig, So if it uses Sony Coding it would be illegal to download that file.
Also this is not just a simple Usb Dongle/Flash Drive/Pen Drive it is a Micro controller, so you would probably need a Micro Controller programmer. (If I am not mistaken)

What the Fudge WSW you got yours before I got mine? This is Bs! Also a Anon Proxy will not protect you at all, Right now your best bet is Hex Editing the Boot Manager Id, and changing the Id to something of a demo, and changing the Boot Manager name to the id of the demo id, then of course you need to buffer the file size to match the file size of the demo, Then you are somewhat Stealth!

Psjailbreak, doesn't have Sony code..
And psjailbreak is updateable by USB..
Yes it does have a chip inside..but anyway, I don't think they can it, cos psjailbreak doesn't have any Sony code in it
08-29-2010, 12:08 AM #22
AlabamaHit
ROLL TIDE!!!
Sony code or not. Sony will most likely win the courts. Even if they do or don't they will patch it. They will not risk their gaming console.

They can say all they want it if for homebrew. That is fine, all sony has to do is change the user agreement to not run homebrew on their console. Then you have to agree to it or not play online. Then the chip is illegal. (for the console atleast).

Also, "most" countries that I'm aware of "homebrew" is illegal anyways.
08-29-2010, 08:44 AM #23
Originally posted by killer007 View Post
Psjailbreak, doesn't have Sony code..
And psjailbreak is updateable by USB..
Yes it does have a chip inside..but anyway, I don't think they can it, cos psjailbreak doesn't have any Sony code in it

I you might be right, PsJailBreak does say that it does not contain any Sony code.

However Its not the Psjailbreak jig that you would be updating, You would be updating with your flash drive that you use to install stuff on your Ps3.
Like right now you download and put the backup manager on a flash drive (formatted to fat32) and then the jig puts the Ps3 in service mode and you can now install the backup manager, This is how the updates will be the same way.

Also I am super excited OzMods says they shipped there sample to a well known HomeBrewer for the PSP, I cant wait for homebrew.....:dance:

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 AM ----------

Originally posted by AlabamaHit View Post
Sony code or not. Sony will most likely win the courts. Even if they do or don't they will patch it. They will not risk their gaming console.

They can say all they want it if for homebrew. That is fine, all sony has to do is change the user agreement to not run homebrew on their console. Then you have to agree to it or not play online. Then the chip is illegal. (for the console atleast).

Also, "most" countries that I'm aware of "homebrew" is illegal anyways.

I will not agree to that user agreement, and I will not update.
I have a ps3 on firmware 3.15 b/c I didnt agree with the User Agreement.
08-29-2010, 12:23 PM #24
can't blame Sony for acting like this though :P
08-29-2010, 12:46 PM #25
slipknot0009
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Jordan1425 View Post
why is everything banned here!!!??? laser pointers, slingsots etc now a fukin chip is banned

Yeah i know it's ridiculous what will they ban next cap guns?
08-29-2010, 02:24 PM #26
Originally posted by slipknot0009 View Post
Yeah i know it's ridiculous what will they ban next cap guns?

As long as they have children who will agree to their user agreements they will ban whatever they want!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo