08-25-2018, 03:49 PM #1
ecw
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys, been a while since I jailbroke a PS3. I have a Fat on OFW 2.76. Is it as easy updating to 4.82 CFW via system update or do I need to update the OFW first? Any help appreciated!! TIA
08-25-2018, 03:54 PM #2
Calculus
[MOVE]Welcome to NGU![/MOVE]
Originally posted by ecw View Post
Hey guys, been a while since I jailbroke a PS3. I have a Fat on OFW 2.76. Is it as easy updating to 4.82 CFW via system update or do I need to update the OFW first? Any help appreciated!! TIA

update to 3.55 OFW then jailbreak and go to cfw or you can update to 4.82 OFW and do the exploit. It's up to you. BTW it's not worth it much anymore
08-25-2018, 04:23 PM #3
ecw
Do a barrel roll!
Thanks Calculus! What exploit and is there a tutorial on how to use it? TIA
08-25-2018, 05:55 PM #4
Calculus
Thanks Calculus! What exploit and is there a tutorial on how to use it? TIA

Next time quote me so I can get the notification. and there is this thread You must login or register to view this content. that explains how to use the exploit

The following user thanked Calculus for this useful post:

ecw
08-25-2018, 06:26 PM #5
ecw
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Calculus View Post
Next time quote me so I can get the notification. and there is this thread You must login or register to view this content. that explains how to use the exploit

Thank you very much!
08-25-2018, 07:01 PM #6
ecw
Do a barrel roll!

I thought since I was using PS3 Fat console running OFW 2.76 I could just install a CFW ro Rebug using the XMB System update without using the exploit? Is that not possible?
08-25-2018, 07:04 PM #7
Calculus
I thought since I was using PS3 Fat console running OFW 2.76 I could just install a CFW ro Rebug using the XMB System update without using the exploit? Is that not possible?

I told you already update to 3.55 OFW then jailbreak and go to cfw OR you can update to 4.82 OFW and do the exploit. It's up to you.
08-25-2018, 07:55 PM #8
ecw
Do a barrel roll!
I told you already update to 3.55 OFW then jailbreak and go to cfw OR you can update to 4.82 OFW and do the exploit. It's up to you.

Sorry man. I mis read your post. Just so I am clear...I can install 3.55 ofw then install CFW 4.81? If so, where do I get OFW 3.55? Is it here on NGU?
08-25-2018, 07:57 PM #9
Calculus
Sorry man. I mis read your post. Just so I am clear...I can install 3.55 ofw then install CFW 4.81? If so, where do I get OFW 3.55? Is it here on NGU?

you must jailbreak first in order to use any CFW and to jailbreak you need to be on 3.55 OFW or use the exploit. If you want to do it the hardest way then you need to search for the files needed. 3.55 is very old so Idk if someone still has a link for it

The following user thanked Calculus for this useful post:

ecw
08-26-2018, 12:28 AM #10
ecw
Do a barrel roll!
you must jailbreak first in order to use any CFW and to jailbreak you need to be on 3.55 OFW or use the exploit. If you want to do it the hardest way then you need to search for the files needed. 3.55 is very old so Idk if someone still has a link for it

Thanks again for you help Calculus! I found OFW 3.55 and installed that. Then installed KMEAW 3.55. Then I wanted to install rebug so I upgraded to Rebug REX 4.80.1. I now want to to switch to DEX. I installed Toolbax and tried to dump my EID Root key, but when I click it nothing happens. Any ideas? Did I miss a step? Should I have installed D-Rex instead?
Last edited by ecw ; 08-26-2018 at 12:55 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo