04-25-2015, 12:44 AM #1
SlimShadyXV-
League Champion
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey NGU, my ps3 broke 2 years ago and i sent it to a place to fix it around 2 weeks ago. My dad called to see whats taking so long and they said they cant figure out whats wrong to fix it. So my dad is picking up my ps3 tomorrow, or monday and ima probably trade it at gamestop. I wanna use the same harddrive since it is 600gb. I heard that if you get a new system you have to "reformat" it if you wanna use the same old harddrive? I dont know how to do this and dont know what it means haha, since i know literally the bare minimum of hardware and stuff for electronics. If i could do it myself instead of sending it to someone else, that will be a big money saver. Thanks Smile
Last edited by SlimShadyXV- ; 04-27-2015 at 09:34 PM.
04-25-2015, 01:50 PM #11
clayton2781
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Whiiteboys7thst View Post
There was no yellow light at all

Its actually kinda hard to see and looks more green. After it turns off does the red led flash continuously
04-25-2015, 01:51 PM #12
clayton2781
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by seanhellen View Post
Ah. Fair enough...thats my theory out the window lol Smile sorry

Yeah. Used flux, heat gun and new thermal paste. Started out once a month then ended up being twice a week so gave up lol. Although it is possible i lost a small pad or 2 from the smaller chips so that prob didnt help Smile

When I do mine I do every chip on the board, not just the two big chips.
04-25-2015, 02:06 PM #13
seanhellen
Are you high?
Likewise...just lost a couple of thermal pads in the process
04-25-2015, 02:46 PM #14
SlimShadyXV-
League Champion
Originally posted by clayton2781 View Post
Its actually kinda hard to see and looks more green. After it turns off does the red led flash continuously

Im confident it was the same green as when you turn it on. And nah it was just plain red, nothing blinked at all. Its weird i've never seen/heard of a problem like this lol
04-27-2015, 11:19 AM #15
clayton2781
Bounty hunter
Hmm. Dunno man. Glod perhaps? Either way its seems to be some sort of hardware issue, but it could be that the system is bricked. Have you tried a HDD swap just to rule that out. Was this system running cfw or ofw. I remember reading similar symptoms when a console is bricked.
04-27-2015, 09:31 PM #16
SlimShadyXV-
League Champion
Hmm. Dunno man. Glod perhaps? Either way its seems to be some sort of hardware issue, but it could be that the system is bricked. Have you tried a HDD swap just to rule that out. Was this system running cfw or ofw. I remember reading similar symptoms when a console is bricked.

Theres a GLOD? Lol. Yeah i bought a new power supply but no luck. And nah its stock, i didnt change any software things. Its the original i bought it with. I didnt swap the HDD though. Just curious, how does swapping the HDD work though? Like how would it fix the problem
04-27-2015, 09:32 PM #17
SlimShadyXV-
League Champion
I have a video of the problem
But i dont think i can upload it here. Like the video is what happens when i turn it on.
04-28-2015, 12:40 PM #18
clayton2781
Bounty hunter
Dunno if it would fix the problem, I only said it to rule that being a possibility out. Record a video with your phone upload to YouTube, then copy and paste the link here. Can you enter safe mode on the ps3 by turning on and holding the power button down until it powers off then do the same again until it beeps and goes into safe mode.

The following user thanked clayton2781 for this useful post:

SlimShadyXV-
04-28-2015, 10:37 PM #19
SlimShadyXV-
League Champion
Dunno if it would fix the problem, I only said it to rule that being a possibility out. Record a video with your phone upload to YouTube, then copy and paste the link here. Can you enter safe mode on the ps3 by turning on and holding the power button down until it powers off then do the same again until it beeps and goes into safe mode.

I actually replaced the HDD and the same result happened.. Its too much work uploading it and everything but i'll explain it exactly:
-connect power chord into outlet
-connect power chord into ps3
-ps3 is powered off with red light
-press power button
-ps3 beeps to turn on
-ps3 power light is green
-ps3 shuts off IMMEDIATELY after green light is on, not even a full second passes
-i say "whaaat" and video ends.
The video was only around 20 seconds lol. I bought a new power supply, repair company bought new power supply, repair company bought new power fuse things, and i swap HDD disks. Still nothing happens.. :(
Im better off buying a used ps3 from gamestop for just around $125 haha
But i really appreciate everything you told me

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo