03-10-2011, 05:07 AM #1
Febreze
Keepin' it FRESH
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); As many of you are aware, the new update for Playstation 3 is out. If you are on 3.55 cfw, I wouldnt update unless you really want cloud saving. For any reason you want to bypass, I would suggest Anon or EliteMossy's. We are kind of screwed now with cloud saving because Sony can now secretly browse through our files stored on our console.

Originally posted by another user
Sony has announced a new PlayStation 3 system update will be made available for download from tomorrow, Thursday March 10th. There’s usually at least one big new feature in these compulsory updates, and this latest revision is no different – firmware update 3.60 will include cloud saving, allowing users to store game saves online.

Alas, as is often the case in life, there is a catch: you need to be a PlayStation Plus subscriber to gain this feature.

If you are one of these special people, you’ll get 150MB of space to upload and dump saved game files. As a typical game save file is 1-2MB, that’s probably the equivalent of roughly 100 saves. You can then download a save you made from a friend’s PS3, which is jolly nice.

In a slightly cunning move by Sony, any save files you have will be made inaccessible should your PlayStation Plus subscription lapse, and will remain out of reach until you renew. You’ll have plenty of time to rejoin, however: save files are kept for six months before they get zapped.

The Good and Bad of 3.60 - You must login or register to view this content.

Source(s): SB for informing me of update and You must login or register to view this content.

Thanks for reading! :p
Last edited by Febreze ; 03-10-2011 at 05:11 AM.

The following 9 users say thank you to Febreze for this useful post:

iTruceFret, BloodGlitch, Cole MacGrath, Dawgfan, iNaz, LightModz, Nero., ShoeUnited, UnspokenDream
03-10-2011, 04:30 PM #11
Casper_HD
Gym leader
Wish they included cross game chat :(
03-10-2011, 04:43 PM #12
Default Avatar
-Rhys-
Originally posted by HD View Post
Wish they included cross game chat :(

X-Game chat can't be added. It could, yes be coded on the 3.55 CFW though.
03-10-2011, 05:08 PM #13
Casper_HD
Gym leader
Originally posted by SteelFrost View Post
X-Game chat can't be added. It could, yes be coded on the 3.55 CFW though.

So if it can be coded for cfw then sony could code it for 3.61 or whatever they update to after this. :\
03-10-2011, 07:11 PM #14
PatriotsFan342
Distinguished Honors.
Originally posted by DevTheGreat9 View Post
I totatlly agree guys, but I'm just gonna update because I'm not on 3.55 cfw anymore and there is no reason to not update. The only thing I am partially excited for is the controller auto off timer. And tbh, they shouldve waited on making the firmware so they can include more features. :/

The controller auto-off timer has been out. I leave mine on 10 minutes.
03-10-2011, 07:13 PM #15
manster
League Champion
You must login or register to view this content.

Originally posted by another user

An update to the PS3 system software was released on 10 March 2011. If you update your PS3 system, the system software version will be 3.60 and the following features will be updated. In order to download PS3 system software version 3.60, you will need a minimum 185MB of free space on either the PS3 Hard Disk Drive (System Update) or on removable storage media (PC Update).

Main features in system software update version 3.60

• Online Storage

You must login or register to view this content.

[Online Storage] has been added as a feature under Game > [Saved Data Utility (PS3™)] . You can store PlayStation 3 format software saved data on a PlayStation Network server and download it to another PlayStation 3 system to continue playing your game. To use this feature you must have a PlayStation Network account and be a PlayStation Plus member.

Other new or revised features in version 3.60

Settings

• Under [Power Save Settings] > [Controller Auto-Off], you can now set the PS3 system so that the connected or paired controllers will turn off after 10, 20 or 30 minutes of idle time.

Note:

• Depending on the software title, you may not be able to play without first updating the PS3 system software.
  • Do not perform updates using any data other than the official update data provided by Sony Computer Entertainment over a network or on disc media, and do not perform updates by methods other than those described in the product documentation or in this site. If an update is performed using data from another source, by another method, or with a PS3 system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PS3 system may not operate properly and may not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions may void the PS3 system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.

via You must login or register to view this content.
03-10-2011, 08:08 PM #16
Default Avatar
-Rhys-
Originally posted by HD View Post
So if it can be coded for cfw then sony could code it for 3.61 or whatever they update to after this. :\

I just said Sony can't add it. It can't be added to the firmwares due to insufficient space I believe.
03-10-2011, 09:02 PM #17
Casper_HD
Gym leader
Originally posted by SteelFrost View Post
I just said Sony can't add it. It can't be added to the firmwares due to insufficient space I believe.

Im sure they could remove some of the shit no one wants. :p
03-10-2011, 09:10 PM #18
Tully96
I'm A Cookie!
Originally posted by Starzeh View Post
Nice man, But the updates are always crap.

The only update ill ever be excited about is when it has cross game chat...
03-10-2011, 09:17 PM #19
my friend said that we might get bricked if we have hacked files (challenge lobbies) on our ps3, i personally dont believe it, but do u know?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo