03-10-2011, 05:07 AM #1
Febreze
Keepin' it FRESH
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); As many of you are aware, the new update for Playstation 3 is out. If you are on 3.55 cfw, I wouldnt update unless you really want cloud saving. For any reason you want to bypass, I would suggest Anon or EliteMossy's. We are kind of screwed now with cloud saving because Sony can now secretly browse through our files stored on our console.

Originally posted by another user
Sony has announced a new PlayStation 3 system update will be made available for download from tomorrow, Thursday March 10th. There’s usually at least one big new feature in these compulsory updates, and this latest revision is no different – firmware update 3.60 will include cloud saving, allowing users to store game saves online.

Alas, as is often the case in life, there is a catch: you need to be a PlayStation Plus subscriber to gain this feature.

If you are one of these special people, you’ll get 150MB of space to upload and dump saved game files. As a typical game save file is 1-2MB, that’s probably the equivalent of roughly 100 saves. You can then download a save you made from a friend’s PS3, which is jolly nice.

In a slightly cunning move by Sony, any save files you have will be made inaccessible should your PlayStation Plus subscription lapse, and will remain out of reach until you renew. You’ll have plenty of time to rejoin, however: save files are kept for six months before they get zapped.

The Good and Bad of 3.60 - You must login or register to view this content.

Source(s): SB for informing me of update and You must login or register to view this content.

Thanks for reading! :p
Last edited by Febreze ; 03-10-2011 at 05:11 AM.

The following 9 users say thank you to Febreze for this useful post:

iTruceFret, BloodGlitch, Cole MacGrath, Dawgfan, iNaz, LightModz, Nero., ShoeUnited, UnspokenDream
03-10-2011, 09:22 PM #20
Default Avatar
-Rhys-
Originally posted by HD View Post
Im sure they could remove some of the shit no one wants. :p

No, they couldn't.
03-10-2011, 09:51 PM #21
Originally posted by Tully96 View Post
The only update ill ever be excited about is when it has cross game chat...

Yeah I No, That is why i sold my ps3, Cause xbox is way to good.
03-10-2011, 09:58 PM #22
Casper_HD
Gym leader
Originally posted by Tully96 View Post
The only update ill ever be excited about is when it has cross game chat...

Im with you Claps

Originally posted by SteelFrost View Post
No, they couldn't.

But they actually could like getting rid of that horrible Music Unlimited By Qriocity, I mean come on only thing sonys ever putting in the updates for us to use is stuff we gotta pay for! :sleep:
03-10-2011, 10:09 PM #23
Febreze
Keepin' it FRESH
Originally posted by SUPERIMIAINI View Post
Where the hell was "CLOUD SAVING" when I lost everything due to "YLOD" dammit mann. I guess going forward if you have a PHATTY or having problems with your system do the 3 month Plus Subscription and save all your stuff. :hitman:

Cloud saving would have been GREAT for Xbox360 Elite's when everyone was getting RROD's. Unfortanetly, Sony doesn't get very many YLOD's so it isnt that great.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

I just said Sony can't add it. It can't be added to the firmwares due to insufficient space I believe.

Insufficient space?! I have a 250gb HDD!! I'll more than happy use atleast 50gbs of that space for cross game chat!

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Originally posted by PatriotsFan342 View Post
The controller auto-off timer has been out. I leave mine on 10 minutes.

There is now different measurements of time you change it to.
Quote from You must login or register to view this content. :
Originally posted by another user
Settings

* Under [Power Save Settings] > [Controller Auto-Off], you can now set the PS3 system so that the connected or paired controllers will turn off after 10, 20 or 30 minutes of idle time.
03-10-2011, 11:58 PM #24
Cody_h4x
Nobody is like me
Also add that they look out all the ldrs like metldr,isoldr,appldr,isoldr, etc
03-11-2011, 12:22 AM #25
so what is the point of this update seriously i think that it somthing that they do not want us to know about like behind the scene stuff but they just threw in some random add ons to make it look like a legit update
03-11-2011, 01:19 AM #26
Solo
Rookie
I don't see how this is really any good. Just plug in a 2GB flashdrive, they run for about $15.
03-11-2011, 07:19 AM #27
Default Avatar
-Rhys-
Originally posted by DevTheGreat9 View Post
Cloud saving would have been GREAT for Xbox360 Elite's when everyone was getting RROD's. Unfortanetly, Sony doesn't get very many YLOD's so it isnt that great.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Insufficient space?! I have a 250gb HDD!! I'll more than happy use atleast 50gbs of that space for cross game chat!

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

There is now different measurements of time you change it to.
Quote from You must login or register to view this content. :

/facepalm. So you get Cross Game Chat with your 250gb HD, and people with 60's and 40's don't? And thats not even the type of space they need.
03-11-2011, 03:35 PM #28
Febreze
Keepin' it FRESH
/facepalm. So you get Cross Game Chat with your 250gb HD, and people with 60's and 40's don't? And thats not even the type of space they need.

I know it's not the right amount of space they need, but atleast make it for Psn Plus.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo