03-10-2011, 05:07 AM #1
Febreze
Keepin' it FRESH
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); As many of you are aware, the new update for Playstation 3 is out. If you are on 3.55 cfw, I wouldnt update unless you really want cloud saving. For any reason you want to bypass, I would suggest Anon or EliteMossy's. We are kind of screwed now with cloud saving because Sony can now secretly browse through our files stored on our console.

Originally posted by another user
Sony has announced a new PlayStation 3 system update will be made available for download from tomorrow, Thursday March 10th. There’s usually at least one big new feature in these compulsory updates, and this latest revision is no different – firmware update 3.60 will include cloud saving, allowing users to store game saves online.

Alas, as is often the case in life, there is a catch: you need to be a PlayStation Plus subscriber to gain this feature.

If you are one of these special people, you’ll get 150MB of space to upload and dump saved game files. As a typical game save file is 1-2MB, that’s probably the equivalent of roughly 100 saves. You can then download a save you made from a friend’s PS3, which is jolly nice.

In a slightly cunning move by Sony, any save files you have will be made inaccessible should your PlayStation Plus subscription lapse, and will remain out of reach until you renew. You’ll have plenty of time to rejoin, however: save files are kept for six months before they get zapped.

The Good and Bad of 3.60 - You must login or register to view this content.

Source(s): SB for informing me of update and You must login or register to view this content.

Thanks for reading! :p
Last edited by Febreze ; 03-10-2011 at 05:11 AM.

The following 9 users say thank you to Febreze for this useful post:

iTruceFret, BloodGlitch, Cole MacGrath, Dawgfan, iNaz, LightModz, Nero., ShoeUnited, UnspokenDream
03-10-2011, 05:12 AM #2
Nice man, But the updates are always crap.
03-10-2011, 05:14 AM #3
Pixie Lott
Keep it MeLLo
Cloud is pointless tbh Sony keep bringing out PS3s with Bigger HDD's now they do this
03-10-2011, 05:20 AM #4
Cien
Open Your Mind Before Your Mouth
ohhh so now they can see our files!!omg....!well they were able to on the others firmwares but ,yeah i think this firmware is crap to like the others! tkzs dude Smile
03-10-2011, 01:52 PM #5
Febreze
Keepin' it FRESH
I totatlly agree guys, but I'm just gonna update because I'm not on 3.55 cfw anymore and there is no reason to not update. The only thing I am partially excited for is the controller auto off timer. And tbh, they shouldve waited on making the firmware so they can include more features. :/
03-10-2011, 02:06 PM #6
N.W.A
Niggaz With Attitude
thanks for the info bro.. but the fw updates that we get are so useless
03-10-2011, 04:05 PM #7
iNaz
Vault dweller
cheers man
03-10-2011, 04:09 PM #8
x69x
I am error
idk sony waste their time on this firmware, it would have been nice to have some more features but they thought they were doing something big with this retarded fw No
03-10-2011, 04:10 PM #9
zyfix
what... no way
i personally think its kinda bs for sony to be able to browse threw our files or our content thats saved on our ps3. What if it was a personal flick of you and your lover lol. Not that they would see but the possibility of them being able to see is pushing it i think.
03-10-2011, 04:10 PM #10
SUPERIMIAINI
Machete Don't Text!
Where the hell was "CLOUD SAVING" when I lost everything due to "YLOD" dammit mann. I guess going forward if you have a PHATTY or having problems with your system do the 3 month Plus Subscription and save all your stuff. :hitman:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo