Post: Lets clear a few things up about PS4 release & holiday 2013
02-27-2013, 11:54 AM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Rumours are flying all over the place as to when the ps4 is going to be released, So lets try find out more about what this holiday 2013 actually means rather than hear a date and assume its correct when really none are until sony confirm it.

So ive been doing a little research into what is classed as holiday season/period etc.

Heres what ive found from WIKIPEDIA:

The Christmas season, also called the holiday season or simply the holidays in the United States and Canada, is an annual festive period that surrounds Christmas and various other holidays. It is generally considered to run from late November to early January.

Europe:

In Ireland and the United Kingdom, the Christmas shopping season starts from mid November, around the time when high street Christmas lights are turned on.

In Sweden, where the First of Advent* marks the start of the Christmas and holiday season
*Advent Sunday is the first day of the liturgical year in the Western Christian churches. It also marks the start of the season of Advent, 2013: 1 December.

USA and Canada:

In the United States, the Christmas/holiday shopping season, during which a quarter of all personal spending takes place, is traditionally considered to commence on the day after American Thanksgiving, a Friday colloquially known as either Black Friday or Green Friday.

So from what i have found is that it is around later november right though to early days of january. so rather than believe posts saying ps4 is going to be out 16th november or december 3rd, lets just remember that its going to be within these few months, what region we dont know. Sony wont i doubt release it before this black friday tradition and we all hope before christmas so everyone can ask their parents or have one brought for them for it.

I couldnt really find much about Japan's holiday season...

What are your thoughts and facts..

The following 2 users say thank you to xLew-- for this useful post:

Black-Ops-, Immaculate.
02-28-2013, 06:51 PM #20
Keomo
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by xLew
oh my, mate, that was a rumour, they would have said about it on the live stream otherwise! hence why there has be no more talk of it now, it was only a rumour before the livestream. thats why i said link me to a official source to back your info up because there is no official source saying this is true, then you would of had realised its false and wouldnt have to keep saying its all round the forum.

Im still pretty skeptical, why would someone want to make a rumor like that up? Its pretty stupid.
02-28-2013, 11:12 PM #21
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Keomo View Post
Im still pretty skeptical, why would someone want to make a rumor like that up? Its pretty stupid.

thats exactly the point people see something and jump the gun and post shit and its spreads like wildfire
02-28-2013, 11:17 PM #22
"Holiday Season", basically around november or december
03-01-2013, 01:12 AM #23
Originally posted by Im
Sony hates Us :cry:

they love us

The following user thanked ghostdoldiers for this useful post:

oOMW2Oo
03-01-2013, 01:13 AM #24
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Rumours are flying all over the place as to when the ps4 is going to be released, So lets try find out more about what this holiday 2013 actually means rather than hear a date and assume its correct when really none are until sony confirm it.

So ive been doing a little research into what is classed as holiday season/period etc.

Heres what ive found from WIKIPEDIA:

The Christmas season, also called the holiday season or simply the holidays in the United States and Canada, is an annual festive period that surrounds Christmas and various other holidays. It is generally considered to run from late November to early January.

Europe:

In Ireland and the United Kingdom, the Christmas shopping season starts from mid November, around the time when high street Christmas lights are turned on.

In Sweden, where the First of Advent* marks the start of the Christmas and holiday season
*Advent Sunday is the first day of the liturgical year in the Western Christian churches. It also marks the start of the season of Advent, 2013: 1 December.

USA and Canada:

In the United States, the Christmas/holiday shopping season, during which a quarter of all personal spending takes place, is traditionally considered to commence on the day after American Thanksgiving, a Friday colloquially known as either Black Friday or Green Friday.

So from what i have found is that it is around later november right though to early days of january. so rather than believe posts saying ps4 is going to be out 16th november or december 3rd, lets just remember that its going to be within these few months, what region we dont know. Sony wont i doubt release it before this black friday tradition and we all hope before christmas so everyone can ask their parents or have one brought for them for it.

I couldnt really find much about Japan's holiday season...

What are your thoughts and facts..

I originally said November out of speculation. Honestly it's just something that is connivent for shoppers, it's the pre-Christmas shopping, the discount shopping, the shopping where you can get trampled lol. I honestly will not be surprised if the PS4 is released in November. Anywhere from the 18th to the 29th of November.
03-01-2013, 01:18 AM #25
Originally posted by Im
Ok ill keep Looking

Please look im in Germany

The following user thanked oOMW2Oo for this useful post:

I'm Rudi
03-01-2013, 01:22 AM #26
Originally posted by ghostdoldiers View Post
they love us

I know i was joking.
03-01-2013, 10:59 AM #27
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Rath View Post
I originally said November out of speculation. Honestly it's just something that is connivent for shoppers, it's the pre-Christmas shopping, the discount shopping, the shopping where you can get trampled lol. I honestly will not be surprised if the PS4 is released in November. Anywhere from the 18th to the 29th of November.

if they really wanted to get the christmas buyers then they need to announce it a month before christmas atleast then go all out with the tv, internet, paper and all kinds of media to push the ps4 sales!
03-01-2013, 02:49 PM #28
Rath
Today Will Be Different
if they really wanted to get the christmas buyers then they need to announce it a month before christmas atleast then go all out with the tv, internet, paper and all kinds of media to push the ps4 sales!

Definitely. I also think Sony's whole idea behind the social aspect of gaming is to get more buyers too. Really wish it was summer already so the wait won't be so long. :cry:

The following user thanked Rath for this useful post:

Keomo

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo