Post: Lets clear a few things up about PS4 release & holiday 2013
02-27-2013, 11:54 AM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Rumours are flying all over the place as to when the ps4 is going to be released, So lets try find out more about what this holiday 2013 actually means rather than hear a date and assume its correct when really none are until sony confirm it.

So ive been doing a little research into what is classed as holiday season/period etc.

Heres what ive found from WIKIPEDIA:

The Christmas season, also called the holiday season or simply the holidays in the United States and Canada, is an annual festive period that surrounds Christmas and various other holidays. It is generally considered to run from late November to early January.

Europe:

In Ireland and the United Kingdom, the Christmas shopping season starts from mid November, around the time when high street Christmas lights are turned on.

In Sweden, where the First of Advent* marks the start of the Christmas and holiday season
*Advent Sunday is the first day of the liturgical year in the Western Christian churches. It also marks the start of the season of Advent, 2013: 1 December.

USA and Canada:

In the United States, the Christmas/holiday shopping season, during which a quarter of all personal spending takes place, is traditionally considered to commence on the day after American Thanksgiving, a Friday colloquially known as either Black Friday or Green Friday.

So from what i have found is that it is around later november right though to early days of january. so rather than believe posts saying ps4 is going to be out 16th november or december 3rd, lets just remember that its going to be within these few months, what region we dont know. Sony wont i doubt release it before this black friday tradition and we all hope before christmas so everyone can ask their parents or have one brought for them for it.

I couldnt really find much about Japan's holiday season...

What are your thoughts and facts..

The following 2 users say thank you to xLew-- for this useful post:

Black-Ops-, Immaculate.
03-01-2013, 02:53 PM #29
LulzBus
Do a barrel roll!
nobody has time for another system stare
03-01-2013, 10:22 PM #30
Keomo
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Rath View Post
Definitely. I also think Sony's whole idea behind the social aspect of gaming is to get more buyers too. Really wish it was summer already so the wait won't be so long. :cry:

Im actually curious as to how this social aspect is going to be implemented by the PS4 owners, and how will this affect the gaming community?
03-01-2013, 10:28 PM #31
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Rath View Post
Definitely. I also think Sony's whole idea behind the social aspect of gaming is to get more buyers too. Really wish it was summer already so the wait won't be so long. :cry:

yeah i know! still got over 3/4 of a year to go!

Originally posted by Keomo View Post
Im actually curious as to how this social aspect is going to be implemented by the PS4 owners, and how will this affect the gaming community?

well the ps vita is stepping in that direction, as you can comment on your friends activities and like them etc, just not integrated with social networks, but they have apps so you can still post on them etc
03-01-2013, 10:41 PM #32
Keomo
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by xLew
yeah i know! still got over 3/4 of a year to go!

well the ps vita is stepping in that direction, as you can comment on your friends activities and like them etc, just not integrated with social networks, but they have apps so you can still post on them etc

If the PS4 is running on its own sort of social network that can be OPTIONALLY linked to FB among others, then that would be an amazing service to use.... for free. Hell it may even make it easier for game developers to reach their audience more actively? Because so many crappy or lackluster games are being made.
03-02-2013, 08:15 AM #33
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Keomo View Post
If the PS4 is running on its own sort of social network that can be OPTIONALLY linked to FB among others, then that would be an amazing service to use.... for free. Hell it may even make it easier for game developers to reach their audience more actively? Because so many crappy or lackluster games are being made.

you will have a option of course Not Happy or Sad its not going to force you to sign up to social networking if you dont want to so you can use your ps3. it will just add to the experience of feeling involved and social if you have it linked to all the services.
03-08-2013, 04:10 PM #34
lol well if they think im not going to jailbreak this system they have another thing coming Smile
03-09-2013, 05:07 AM #35
Awesome_User
Do a barrel roll!
A non-specific date for a non-specific business.

Microsoft make the first step with this generation. Sony in the next one.

They can't just say a day because they need to see what's microsoft doing and what things will be happen in the E3.

Sony only need a temptative date to sell.
03-09-2013, 10:09 AM #36
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by User View Post
A non-specific date for a non-specific business.

Microsoft make the first step with this generation. Sony in the next one.

They can't just say a day because they need to see what's microsoft doing and what things will be happen in the E3.

Sony only need a temptative date to sell.

yeah we know that, if they gave a date microsoft would rush things again and release it before and take the first line of sales, i guess with the holiday period they have a month or two leeway in which they can release it

The following user thanked xLew-- for this useful post:

Keomo
03-09-2013, 02:05 PM #37
Keomo
Can’t trickshot me!
Whoever releases first will have a headstart obviously.

It's funny lol, i feel like the xbox720 is only coming out when the PS4 does, havent heard any news about it till the PS4 started popping up... hmm.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo