11-26-2013, 08:42 PM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); "If you haven't already purchased a Next Gen console and speed matters then this will be an interesting read for you.
Some boff's over at Extremetech have done a side by side speed comparison test and the results are in guys!
We are not talking about framerates here, we are talking boot times, load times and install times. Check out the results below:

PS4 vs. Xbox One speed test results

Cold boot to main dashboard –
PS4: 20 seconds — Xbox One: 1 minute 5 seconds

Standby/hibernate to dashboard –
PS4: 3 seconds — Xbox One: 12 seconds

Installing NBA 2K14 from disc –
PS4: 36 minutes – Xbox One: 46 minutes

Time for NBA 2K14 to be playable after inserting disc –
PS4: Instant — Xbox One: 6 minutes

Time to load NBA 2K14 main menu from the dashboard –
PS4: 38.7 seconds — Xbox One: 29.6 seconds

Time to load a playable Quick Match in NBA 2K14 from main menu –
PS4: 37.6 seconds — Xbox One: 31.4 seconds

Time to switch between playable game, to the dashboard, and back to the game –
Negligible difference between the PS4 and Xbox One. Both are almost instantaneous.

These test were repeated over and over to ensure that the results are true and the verdict is that both consoles are on an equal par.
Although the PS4 does boot up quicker than the Xbox One there isn't much difference after that. So what it all boils down too at the end of the day is which console offers the better games. Thats a whole new article...."

The following 7 users say thank you to Alt for this useful post:

Agent Beast, Cyberix, diiRty_StaChE, Ismaeel74, rjive, xLew--

The following user groaned Alt for this awful post:

OtagoFlames
11-26-2013, 09:20 PM #2
Percal
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Alt View Post
"If you haven't already purchased a Next Gen console and speed matters then this will be an interesting read for you.
Some boff's over at Extremetech have done a side by side speed comparison test and the results are in guys!
We are not talking about framerates here, we are talking boot times, load times and install times. Check out the results below:

PS4 vs. Xbox One speed test results

Cold boot to main dashboard –
PS4: 20 seconds — Xbox One: 1 minute 5 seconds

Standby/hibernate to dashboard –
PS4: 3 seconds — Xbox One: 12 seconds

Installing NBA 2K14 from disc –
PS4: 36 minutes – Xbox One: 46 minutes

Time for NBA 2K14 to be playable after inserting disc –
PS4: Instant — Xbox One: 6 minutes

Time to load NBA 2K14 main menu from the dashboard –
PS4: 38.7 seconds — Xbox One: 29.6 seconds

Time to load a playable Quick Match in NBA 2K14 from main menu –
PS4: 37.6 seconds — Xbox One: 31.4 seconds

Time to switch between playable game, to the dashboard, and back to the game –
Negligible difference between the PS4 and Xbox One. Both are almost instantaneous.

These test were repeated over and over to ensure that the results are true and the verdict is that both consoles are on an equal par.
Although the PS4 does boot up quicker than the Xbox One there isn't much difference after that. So what it all boils down too at the end of the day is which console offers the better games. Thats a whole new article...."

Do they download at the same rate?
11-26-2013, 09:26 PM #3
I have to say as a playstation guy I'm pretty impressed with the xbox dashboard and multi-tasking, its quite awesome Happy
11-26-2013, 11:54 PM #4
iTruceFret
[move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
The only thing I dislike is the fact Sony only brought us Knack. A fucking game derivived around 12 year olds.

The following 3 users say thank you to iTruceFret for this useful post:

^TPP^, Scrwey30x--, whyyoumad
11-26-2013, 11:56 PM #5
DrinkinMyStella
Vault dweller
just another reason why ps4 is better Smile
11-27-2013, 12:32 AM #6
Here's the You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked Cyberix for this useful post:

Alt
11-27-2013, 03:40 AM #7
Millz
Worth the Weight
I find it extremely hard to believe that the One takes an entire 1 minute to boot up from a cold boot. If that is really the case and there was nothing faulty with that unit that's pretty awful.

Game installations are pretty poor as well for both consoles, and 2K14 took 6 minutes to get to playable? Something is very wrong here, these look like they are slower than last gen consoles.
11-27-2013, 04:55 AM #8
PS4-USA
Bounty hunter
Personally, after having a PS4 for a few weeks, don't pine over not having one.

The console is great, very responsive, and improved in many ways; but there's not a lot of content.

COD Ghosts isn't going to blow you away over the current offering from the PS3/Xbox360, it's about the same to be honest.

Killzone looks AMAZING, but the game mechanics make you want to pull your hair out after a few hours. If it wasn't so stunning 'to watch', I would have tossed that turd aside after 2 hours.

NFS, is, well....NFS (a mid pack/average game). It's fun, looks great, but game play wise, it's the same ol' shit as far as NFS goes.

So if you don't score a new console over the holidays, don't feel too bad.

I'm sure things will improve over time, but at launch, there's not a 'must have' title out there that you can't find

on a current gen console.

Just saying all of this because at the end of the day if the game play and content isn't improved over current consoles, who gives a shit about performance tests--both consoles are going to be better in that regard.
Last edited by PS4-USA ; 11-27-2013 at 05:25 AM.
11-27-2013, 06:06 AM #9
Ozy
Hurah!
Originally posted by Millz View Post
I find it extremely hard to believe that the One takes an entire 1 minute to boot up from a cold boot. If that is really the case and there was nothing faulty with that unit that's pretty awful.

Game installations are pretty poor as well for both consoles, and 2K14 took 6 minutes to get to playable? Something is very wrong here, these look like they are slower than last gen consoles.

mine takes no where near 1 minute to start up, no idea what the go is here...

The following user thanked Ozy for this useful post:

Millz
11-27-2013, 09:06 AM #10
Iv been a sony customer & its gonna stay that waySmile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo