11-26-2013, 08:42 PM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); "If you haven't already purchased a Next Gen console and speed matters then this will be an interesting read for you.
Some boff's over at Extremetech have done a side by side speed comparison test and the results are in guys!
We are not talking about framerates here, we are talking boot times, load times and install times. Check out the results below:

PS4 vs. Xbox One speed test results

Cold boot to main dashboard –
PS4: 20 seconds — Xbox One: 1 minute 5 seconds

Standby/hibernate to dashboard –
PS4: 3 seconds — Xbox One: 12 seconds

Installing NBA 2K14 from disc –
PS4: 36 minutes – Xbox One: 46 minutes

Time for NBA 2K14 to be playable after inserting disc –
PS4: Instant — Xbox One: 6 minutes

Time to load NBA 2K14 main menu from the dashboard –
PS4: 38.7 seconds — Xbox One: 29.6 seconds

Time to load a playable Quick Match in NBA 2K14 from main menu –
PS4: 37.6 seconds — Xbox One: 31.4 seconds

Time to switch between playable game, to the dashboard, and back to the game –
Negligible difference between the PS4 and Xbox One. Both are almost instantaneous.

These test were repeated over and over to ensure that the results are true and the verdict is that both consoles are on an equal par.
Although the PS4 does boot up quicker than the Xbox One there isn't much difference after that. So what it all boils down too at the end of the day is which console offers the better games. Thats a whole new article...."

The following 7 users say thank you to Alt for this useful post:

Agent Beast, Cyberix, diiRty_StaChE, Ismaeel74, rjive, xLew--

The following user groaned Alt for this awful post:

OtagoFlames
11-27-2013, 08:16 PM #11
Millz
Worth the Weight
Originally posted by Ozy View Post
mine takes no where near 1 minute to start up, no idea what the go is here...

Yeah I had a feeling that was the case, something doesn't seem right.
11-28-2013, 12:36 PM #12
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Millz View Post
I find it extremely hard to believe that the One takes an entire 1 minute to boot up from a cold boot. If that is really the case and there was nothing faulty with that unit that's pretty awful.

Game installations are pretty poor as well for both consoles, and 2K14 took 6 minutes to get to playable? Something is very wrong here, these look like they are slower than last gen consoles.

Unskippable cut scenes?
Yea I don't believe this at all.
11-29-2013, 06:10 AM #13
rjive
Love Big Titty Bitches
Thanks for sharing. great video!
12-04-2013, 01:07 AM #14
this unfairly zero's out the xbox one as ps4 as devoted alot more of it's memory to gaming itself where the xbox has devoted 3 of it's 8gb memory to instant app swithching while keeping other apps runing therefore xbox one might run slower it run's more than one progrm at once also xbox s actually outselling ps4. not an xbox guy but why everyone hateing on it when the got rid of all there online restrection's becuase consumers weren't happy they gave you what you want but you still zero it out where half of you probaly had xbox 360 witch was alot slower load times nd frame rate due to things like party hat and how fast dashboard loaded.
12-04-2013, 11:10 AM #15
Great stuff to here. :] I want a PS4 so badly... just don't want any of the games yet...lol
12-05-2013, 09:59 AM #16
KnightUK
Bounty hunter
Absolute rubbish.

I have both consoles now, and my xbox one only took 45 seconds to boot the FIRST time I turned it on. Cold boot after 5 attempts has never taken more than 30 seconds. "Tests" like this just annoy me.

I call BS.

(I do prefer my ps4 overall, so no I'm not biased either)

The following user thanked KnightUK for this useful post:

Ozy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo