Post: Dedicated PS4 HDD/SSD Upgrade Kits with Up to 1.5 TB Released
01-14-2014, 09:50 AM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You must login or register to view this content.

Woodstock-based hardware retailer Other World Computing released four upgrade kits dedicated to the PS4, offering four different ways to upgrade the stock 500 GB HDD coming with Sony’s New Console.

The options offered include a You must login or register to view this content. or a You must login or register to view this content. if you want more space to download more content. Alternatively, if you prefer speed you can choose between aYou must login or register to view this content. (which could definitely prove a little a little tight) and a more reasonable You must login or register to view this content..

Why would you want to actually reduce the space available in your PS4′s disk? According to the retailer the SDD options offer 25% faster load, saving and booting times. Faster times are also promised for the 1TV HDD/SDD hybrid, but the actual gain isn’t specified. Your mileage may vary on whether faster loading speed is worth the trade off or not.

Together with the selected HD the bundle also include the following items:

• OWC USB 3.0 Express 2.5″ SATA Drive Enclosure, Black
  • OWC USB 2.0 Flash Drive for PlayStation 4 download
  • #1 Phillips screwdriver
  • Up to 3-Year Replacement Warranty
  • High Quality Double Shielded USB 3.0 (mini-B type) connecting cable
  • Carrying sleeve
  • OWC USB 3.0 Express Enclosure Installation Guide
  • Instruction Guide for Drive Upgrade for PS4

Prices are as follows:

• 1 TB HDD/SDD hybrid drive: $99.99
  • 1.5 TB HDSad Awesome$149.99
  • 240 GB SSSad Awesome $219
  • 480 GB SDD $399

Considering that I’ve seen the same drives sold by themselves for similar or higher prices by other retailers, this deal definitely seems a sweet one if you want to upgrade your new PS4, even if I’m not sure the 240 GB option can really be considered workable, SSD or not.

You must login or register to view this content.

The following 2 users say thank you to xLew-- for this useful post:

skaterboy16, webzy
01-14-2014, 12:08 PM #2
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
400$ for the 480 GB SDD when you could of bought another PS4 for the same price

The following user thanked Joel for this useful post:

HUYI82
01-14-2014, 12:26 PM #3
setsae
Climbing up the ladder
why would you pay more for less ...

You must login or register to view this content.

2TB for 129.00

edit : if you don't realize what to do , take apart usb , put in PS4 ...
01-14-2014, 12:30 PM #4
divybc
Former Staff
I had the SSHD drive in my PS4 the 1TB edition and to be honest I notice nothing in difference and realized it was a waste of £80 so I sent it back to Amazon.

Recommendation for you guys who are interested in upgrading your drive. Only do it if you really, really need the space.

The following user thanked divybc for this useful post:

xLew--
01-14-2014, 12:38 PM #5
setsae
Climbing up the ladder
SSD speed increase is fractions of seconds , no idea how they figured 25% out of it ...
it is mos'def a waste of money imo !
01-14-2014, 02:18 PM #6
iTruceFret
[move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
This is simply put, a rip off for people who don't understand much about their PS4's. Don't buy this shit.

The following user thanked iTruceFret for this useful post:

HUYI82
01-14-2014, 02:44 PM #7
Originally posted by iTruceFret View Post
This is simply put, a rip off for people who don't understand much about their PS4's. Don't buy this shit.

Off topic: Dude, I love that signature, and the Blacklist is such an awesome show. Happy

The following user thanked partypoker15 for this useful post:

iTruceFret
01-14-2014, 06:39 PM #8
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
The 1TB seems like a good deal, but if I can find a 2.5" 2-3 TB I'm going to use it. I'd like a SSD, but I'll save money for that for my PC.

With the 500GB from the PS4, I can format it, then use it in my PC as additional storage.
01-14-2014, 08:33 PM #9
Isaac Clarke
< ^ > < ^ >
they are just out to make a quick buck.
01-14-2014, 09:06 PM #10
Alt
Banned
Down the road I might need to upgrade my hard drive but I hardly keep anything on there as it is.

I would go down the road of buying a USB hard drive and taking it all apart. Done that for my Xbox 360 and PS3..

Saves money :fa:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo