12-19-2015, 09:43 PM #1
Goldberg
Usertitle
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Accused Scammer's Username: Mr.Major
Accused Scammer's Profile (URL) You must login or register to view this content.
Did you: [Buy/Sell/Trade] Buy

Proof of contact (Screenshots):
You must login or register to view this content.

When did this happen: A couple of months ago

How did you purchase:{Paypal/PSN ETC]
(Please show proof of payment/goods sent if possible)
You must login or register to view this content.

How much?: $225

Have you contacted the scammer?:- Yes
If yes, What did they say?:- The screenshots provides his response

Other comments:
Sorry for that many screenshots whoever will handle will handle the dispute, here is the story of what happened (unless he has a different version) I contacted Mr.Major because he was selling amazon cards which I sent him a PM to buy some of them at the rate of 80% of what they are worth he agreed but also asked me if I would buy gamestop gift cards at 75% he also told that I could buy other gift cards with Gamestop gift cards.

I agreed to buy gamestop cards instead since there is a gamestop 3 blocks away from my house so it was definitely easy for me, this guy indeed is a legitimate seller since we did a first successful transaction of $600 worth in codes which I paid around $450.

The problem was when I bought the second batch of codes he had $300 worth of codes
Which I paid $225 for them they worked and we're added to my account with no issues the next day I went to buy amazon cards with the codes but the manager of the store told me that she couldn't sell me that many gift cards and she would call the store support and ask them of she could sell as many codes, I waited for a long time and told me that they would call me to give me an answer.

Mr.Major told me that his sister had issues trying to get amazon cards like me so I went the next week to buy some games and a playstation plus card I was ready to pay when the balance went to 0 I was there like an idiot luckily the guy was cool with it and didn't say anything, I texted Mr.Major (as you can see in the screenshots) and asked him what he did and he explained me that the codes only worked for a couple of days which I didn't know and that a similar problem happened with another guy.

So I tried to be polite, he told me that he would give me some codes for free but I didn't really want that so I came up with an idea which he agreed on, I didn't want him to lose money either so I asked him if we could do another deal I would buy $2,000 worth of Amazon cards at the rate of 70% which I could get back some of the money I lost and he would still be Making money since he was getting then at 40-50% as he stated in the screenshots.

I didn't have the money at that time so after a while I sent him a text asking him of the deal was still on which he confirmed after a few days I sent him a text because I had the money ready to buy them but he said that he couldn't do it anymore and that it wasn't his fault and I told him that it wasn't my fault 100% either because he never told me that the codes worked for a couple of days.

So that it was a mistake from both (mod you can decide here) and that I would at least get half of what I lost and the last text I said if he would've told me I only had 2 days to spend the money I would have bought absolutely anything and not lose the money I even asked him if the cards had expiration date and if he told me that I had 2 days and not spend it it would have been my fault, he also said that I should have spent the money sooner which as a buyer I can spend them whenever I want since I bought them but he stopped replying to that's why I am here.

Mod sorry for the long story and screenshots and I know there is Alot of misspellings and if you have any questions feel free to ask anything.
01-31-2016, 08:22 PM #11
Originally posted by Mr.Major View Post
I asked Goldberg when I sold him the cards when he was going to use that and that he needed to asap. He said he would be going the next day. I never heard anything about them not letting him buy what he wanted when he went. I even asked him did they let you buy the Amazon gift card when you went cause the didn't let my sister, and he said yeah they let him. So I was under the impression that he spent the gift cards already until like a week later when he said he still had them, and when he told me he still had them I told him that there wouldn't be a balance on them.

I don't know if you can understand when I'm trying to say, I'm typing on my phone and I hate typing on here.

Summary. I sold him the gift cards, he said he would use them the next day, then he told me he used them with no problem, then a week later he brings them back up. I see this as being his fault for not letting me know that he didn't spend the gift cards when he told me he was going to.

Originally posted by Goldberg View Post
Sorry I forgot to quote

Well, I'm not quite sure how to approach this. Goldberg stated in an earlier post he would happily keep your old deal with him, does that work for you?
01-31-2016, 10:42 PM #12
Goldberg
Usertitle
I asked Goldberg when I sold him the cards when he was going to use that and that he needed to asap. He said he would be going the next day. I never heard anything about them not letting him buy what he wanted when he went. I even asked him did they let you buy the Amazon gift card when you went cause the didn't let my sister, and he said yeah they let him. So I was under the impression that he spent the gift cards already until like a week later when he said he still had them, and when he told me he still had them I told him that there wouldn't be a balance on them.

I don't know if you can understand when I'm trying to say, I'm typing on my phone and I hate typing on here.

Summary. I sold him the gift cards, he said he would use them the next day, then he told me he used them with no problem, then a week later he brings them back up. I see this as being his fault for not letting me know that he didn't spend the gift cards when he told me he was going to.

Originally posted by Insight View Post
Well, I'm not quite sure how to approach this. Goldberg stated in an earlier post he would happily keep your old deal with him, does that work for you?

OK I'll go by parts you could understand better of the situation insight.

Expiration date: When I first bought the cards from you I asked you if there was any expiration date because "Gyft" the app asked for an expiration date and you said there was no date on the cards so I assumed the cards didn't expire.

When you told me about your sister issue that they would not sell her amazon cards with the codes you gave her, I actually went the next day to buy $300 worth of Amazon cards with the gamestop cards you sold me, the lady told me that she could "NOT" sell me that much worth of Amazon cards, the reason given its because it was too much unless I bought less.

The lady (manager) suggested me to leave my phone number as she would call the store support to ask them if she could sell me as much cards as I want and I mentioned it to you afterwards.

In my mind the cards had no expiration date as you stated I told you I would go next week because I didn't get a Call from here, You told me that the same situation happened before with the guy who was buying from you as you stated in the screenshots and that we would work together to fix it we agreed on something so we both won't lose any money.

I asked you how much you buy the cards for you said 40%-50% so I asked if I could buy $2,000 at 70% which would be 4 weeks and you said that you still would make money and after that I would buy them at 85% which you agreed. After days I asked you If the deal was still on and you confirmed, so when I had the money ready you say that the deal is not anymore as you can see in the screenshots.

Considering you didn't tell me that the codes expired in 2-3 days as a buyer I feel like I have the following right

I bought the cards with my money, I have the right to spend it whenever I want or can unless you told me that I had 2-3 days it would have been my fault 100%

Insight I wrote this on my phone forgive me for any typos and if you have any questions I can answer them thank you.
02-01-2016, 04:25 AM #13
Mr.Major
Need something? Just ask!
When you asked about them expiring I was saying no, because I knew that you were on the Gyft app putting them in cause I told you to get the app.

When I told you about them not letting my sister and I asked you if they let you, that was after the date that you told me you went/were going to go and spend them, and you told me that they let you buy the Amazon gift cards just fine.

You never told me that you had any problems with getting the Amazon gift cards until like a week after I thought you went and spent them.

Pretty much. You told me you were going to spend them, then you had trouble buying the Amazon gift cards, but didn't tell me that you had any trouble buying them or that you didn't spend the gift cards yet.

IMO it's not my fault at all. You said you were going to spend them, and you didn't because they wouldn't let you buy them, and you didn't even bother to tell me that you had problems at the store.

And just saying, who is to prove if you did or didn't actually spend the gift cards?

EDIT: If you told me that you had problems spending the gift cards on the day you said you went I would have told you that you need to spend them.
Last edited by Mr.Major ; 02-01-2016 at 04:28 AM.
02-01-2016, 05:49 AM #14
Goldberg
Usertitle
I did tell you that I the wouldn't let me buy them, and why would I lie when I could save more money by buying them? You told me that you had the same issue with another guy before and then again you never mentioned that I had to spend them in 2-3 days.
02-01-2016, 05:13 PM #15
When you asked about them expiring I was saying no, because I knew that you were on the Gyft app putting them in cause I told you to get the app.

When I told you about them not letting my sister and I asked you if they let you, that was after the date that you told me you went/were going to go and spend them, and you told me that they let you buy the Amazon gift cards just fine.

You never told me that you had any problems with getting the Amazon gift cards until like a week after I thought you went and spent them.

Pretty much. You told me you were going to spend them, then you had trouble buying the Amazon gift cards, but didn't tell me that you had any trouble buying them or that you didn't spend the gift cards yet.

IMO it's not my fault at all. You said you were going to spend them, and you didn't because they wouldn't let you buy them, and you didn't even bother to tell me that you had problems at the store.

And just saying, who is to prove if you did or didn't actually spend the gift cards?

EDIT: If you told me that you had problems spending the gift cards on the day you said you went I would have told you that you need to spend them.

I did tell you that I the wouldn't let me buy them, and why would I lie when I could save more money by buying them? You told me that you had the same issue with another guy before and then again you never mentioned that I had to spend them in 2-3 days.

If I'm completely honest, this seems more a misunderstanding issue rather than being scammed. Correct me if I'm wrong.
It can really be looked both ways, and if you were in my position you would see how difficult it is to resolve this. I'm still not quite sure how I can have this benefit both sides

Goldberg, it is understandable as a buyer you should've have known about the expiry dates, but it is also understandable that Mr. Major assumed that you have spent the cards.
The most I can ask for is for you to provide evidence of you actually telling him that you didn't spend the cards at the time of the incident after you were declined the sale, but even with that I'm not sure how you'd like to proceed with this.
02-01-2016, 07:58 PM #16
Goldberg
Usertitle
Originally posted by Insight View Post
If I'm completely honest, this seems more a misunderstanding issue rather than being scammed. Correct me if I'm wrong.
It can really be looked both ways, and if you were in my position you would see how difficult it is to resolve this. I'm still not quite sure how I can have this benefit both sides

Goldberg, it is understandable as a buyer you should've have known about the expiry dates, but it is also understandable that Mr. Major assumed that you have spent the cards.
The most I can ask for is for you to provide evidence of you actually telling him that you didn't spend the cards at the time of the incident after you were declined the sale, but even with that I'm not sure how you'd like to proceed with this.

Well since kik has a limit of 100 messages they get deleted after that and I never stated that he scammed me, you are definitely right ↪ it's a misunderstanding from both sides that's why I assumed my responsibility of half as I stated in my very first post I never blamed him, he is legit at what he does.
Even if I didn't tell him that I'd didn't spend the money that day which I'm taking responsibility of, he had the responsibility to tell me that they expire the same week which he didn't, like I said I'm not blaming him completely and I'm expecting to lose half which is around $110 or we can keep our old deal which you can see in the screenshot he agreed on , sell me $2000 worth of cards at the rate of 70% he will still make from money out of it so no one loses here.

I will be happy to purchase them like I said I know he is a legit person as I am and I could get Alot of people from this site to vouch for me since I've purchased a lot of services on here.
02-01-2016, 07:59 PM #17
Well since kik has a limit of 100 messages they get deleted after that and I never stated that he scammed me, you are definitely right ↪ it's a misunderstanding from both sides that's why I assumed my responsibility of half as I stated in my very first post I never blamed him, he is legit at what he does.
Even if I didn't tell him that I'd didn't spend the money that day which I'm taking responsibility of, he had the responsibility to tell me that they expire the same week which he didn't, like I said I'm not blaming him completely and I'm expecting to lose half which is around $110 or we can keep our old deal which you can see in the screenshot he agreed on , sell me $2000 worth of cards at the rate of 70% he will still make from money out of it so no one loses here.

I will be happy to purchase them like I said I know he is a legit person as I am and I could get Alot of people from this site to vouch for me since I've purchased a lot of services on here.

Well, how does that sound to you Mr. Major? Can you keep your old deal?
02-02-2016, 03:50 AM #18
Mr.Major
Need something? Just ask!
I can try, but I really don't get that many gift cards anymore. There's no telling how long it would take me to get $2,000 worth.
02-02-2016, 05:45 PM #19

I can try, but I really don't get that many gift cards anymore. There's no telling how long it would take me to get $2,000 worth.

Well, I guess that's really as far as I can get with this dispute. Maybe you guys can deal again for the first time, then I will end this dispute if it goes successfully? How does that sound?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo