12-19-2015, 09:43 PM #1
Goldberg
Usertitle
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Accused Scammer's Username: Mr.Major
Accused Scammer's Profile (URL) You must login or register to view this content.
Did you: [Buy/Sell/Trade] Buy

Proof of contact (Screenshots):
You must login or register to view this content.

When did this happen: A couple of months ago

How did you purchase:{Paypal/PSN ETC]
(Please show proof of payment/goods sent if possible)
You must login or register to view this content.

How much?: $225

Have you contacted the scammer?:- Yes
If yes, What did they say?:- The screenshots provides his response

Other comments:
Sorry for that many screenshots whoever will handle will handle the dispute, here is the story of what happened (unless he has a different version) I contacted Mr.Major because he was selling amazon cards which I sent him a PM to buy some of them at the rate of 80% of what they are worth he agreed but also asked me if I would buy gamestop gift cards at 75% he also told that I could buy other gift cards with Gamestop gift cards.

I agreed to buy gamestop cards instead since there is a gamestop 3 blocks away from my house so it was definitely easy for me, this guy indeed is a legitimate seller since we did a first successful transaction of $600 worth in codes which I paid around $450.

The problem was when I bought the second batch of codes he had $300 worth of codes
Which I paid $225 for them they worked and we're added to my account with no issues the next day I went to buy amazon cards with the codes but the manager of the store told me that she couldn't sell me that many gift cards and she would call the store support and ask them of she could sell as many codes, I waited for a long time and told me that they would call me to give me an answer.

Mr.Major told me that his sister had issues trying to get amazon cards like me so I went the next week to buy some games and a playstation plus card I was ready to pay when the balance went to 0 I was there like an idiot luckily the guy was cool with it and didn't say anything, I texted Mr.Major (as you can see in the screenshots) and asked him what he did and he explained me that the codes only worked for a couple of days which I didn't know and that a similar problem happened with another guy.

So I tried to be polite, he told me that he would give me some codes for free but I didn't really want that so I came up with an idea which he agreed on, I didn't want him to lose money either so I asked him if we could do another deal I would buy $2,000 worth of Amazon cards at the rate of 70% which I could get back some of the money I lost and he would still be Making money since he was getting then at 40-50% as he stated in the screenshots.

I didn't have the money at that time so after a while I sent him a text asking him of the deal was still on which he confirmed after a few days I sent him a text because I had the money ready to buy them but he said that he couldn't do it anymore and that it wasn't his fault and I told him that it wasn't my fault 100% either because he never told me that the codes worked for a couple of days.

So that it was a mistake from both (mod you can decide here) and that I would at least get half of what I lost and the last text I said if he would've told me I only had 2 days to spend the money I would have bought absolutely anything and not lose the money I even asked him if the cards had expiration date and if he told me that I had 2 days and not spend it it would have been my fault, he also said that I should have spent the money sooner which as a buyer I can spend them whenever I want since I bought them but he stopped replying to that's why I am here.

Mod sorry for the long story and screenshots and I know there is Alot of misspellings and if you have any questions feel free to ask anything.
02-17-2016, 03:47 PM #29
Originally posted by Goldberg View Post
He'll try to I get some cards, well honestly some gift cards won't help that much I would like the old deal to be done as agreed and I'm paying upfront so there's no way he will lose money as he will still make money out of this deal.

Originally posted by Mr.Major View Post
I'll try to get some more gift cards, then i'll let you know.

Can I get an update? Did you guys manage to get your old deal going?
02-17-2016, 04:33 PM #30
Goldberg
Usertitle
Originally posted by Insight View Post
Can I get an update? Did you guys manage to get your old deal going?

No it hasn't but you know I'd like to get half of the money back since he says he "can't" get more cards
02-18-2016, 06:44 PM #31
I'll try to get some more gift cards, then i'll let you know.

No it hasn't but you know I'd like to get half of the money back since he says he "can't" get more cards

Well, can we agree on that?

The problem I have with this dispute is that it's not really scamming. Though he did provide what was asked for, the item is now unusable due to a misunderstanding. Rightfully you should have been informed about it, however it's all a matter of perspective. All I can ask for is you guys to come to a conclusion that suits you both.
02-18-2016, 09:40 PM #32
Goldberg
Usertitle
Well, can we agree on that?

The problem I have with this dispute is that it's not really scamming. Though he did provide what was asked for, the item is now unusable due to a misunderstanding. Rightfully you should have been informed about it, however it's all a matter of perspective. All I can ask for is you guys to come to a conclusion that suits you both.

I've said it before it's not scamming but we can agree on that he should have informed me about it and I'm assuming my responsibility as he should I'm losing money out of this, therefore it should be fair to go half and half and he's not replying to this thread to say something about it.
02-19-2016, 12:46 AM #33
I've said it before it's not scamming but we can agree on that he should have informed me about it and I'm assuming my responsibility as he should I'm losing money out of this, therefore it should be fair to go half and half and he's not replying to this thread to say something about it.

He hasn't been on in a while, perhaps you can ask him to come online?
02-19-2016, 02:31 AM #34
Goldberg
Usertitle
He hasn't been on in a while, perhaps you can ask him to come online?

I will try but I doubt he will answer me.
02-19-2016, 03:34 AM #35
Mr.Major
Need something? Just ask!
Sorry, but since this has happened I really haven't felt like it is any of my fault. I don't really know what else to say. I asked a few other people what they thought about it and they also said that they didn't think I was in the wrong.

I didn't scam him, he failed to communicate with me and lost his gift card balance. If he would have contacted me when he first had problems the issue would have been resolved and he would still have had the balance on the cards.
Last edited by Mr.Major ; 02-19-2016 at 04:06 AM.
02-19-2016, 12:57 PM #36
I will try but I doubt he will answer me.

Sorry, but since this has happened I really haven't felt like it is any of my fault. I don't really know what else to say. I asked a few other people what they thought about it and they also said that they didn't think I was in the wrong.

I didn't scam him, he failed to communicate with me and lost his gift card balance. If he would have contacted me when he first had problems the issue would have been resolved and he would still have had the balance on the cards.

I see. So you can't continue with the old deal or gather any more gift cards?
From my point of view I don't really see how anything can be asked from either of you really. It just doesn't seem there is anything that will make it fair apart from agreeing to the old deal which may not be possible.
02-19-2016, 03:10 PM #37
Goldberg
Usertitle
I see. So you can't continue with the old deal or gather any more gift cards?
From my point of view I don't really see how anything can be asked from either of you really. It just doesn't seem there is anything that will make it fair apart from agreeing to the old deal which may not be possible.

Well not sure and i texted him and he didn't reply which he always did before this happened.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo