Post: Why the Xbox is better than the PS3 (in my opinion)
08-20-2011, 11:04 PM #1
.Robot
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I saw a thread today. It upset me :carling:

The thread was explaining in HIGH detail why the PS3 is better than the Xbox 360. If he gets to create a thread defending the PS3, I have the right to defend the Xbox 360. I am going to address all the statements he made

Here we go =D

1. The newer Xbox's don't get the red ring of death. The only way you can get the red ring of death on a newer console is if you keep it in a box with no air.

2. PS3 games have better graphics? Yes but do game developers care? **** no. A game like Call of Duty or Resident Evil don't care about the graphic differences. Each game on both consoles are the same. No difference! Now, a game developed JUST for the PS3 like Uncharted has to meet the PS3's graphic limit because it was made just for the PS3. In reality, most people will be playing Call of Duty, not Uncharted.

3. To be honest, blue ray movies are incredible. Nuff' said. Xbox can't beat the blue ray aspect of the PS3.

4. Yes, batteries are expensive and the Xbox controller runs on batteries. You can buy a new Xbox controller and a rechargeable battery pack for $70. The controller is 10x better than the PS3's when you get used to it.

5. Xbox Live VS PSN. Having free mutiplayer is cool. I like the idea but when you pay for Xbox Live, you get what you pay for. Xbox Live is incredible!
Xbox Live has-

-Zune
-Games on Demand
-Party chat
-Private Chat
-Voice messages
-Better security

6. The Xbox's exclusives are better than PS3's exclusives. Halo and Gears of War can easily beat any PS3 exclusive. I must admit, Uncharted is very good and might be the only competition on PS3's side.

7. Even though the PS3 has full 1080P, most games don't reach the limit. Crysis 2 does but it is full 1080P on Xbox too so there isn't much a difference there.

This thread was written %100 by me, .Robot.
I am not calling out anyone, I am just speaking my mind. Feel free to ask me anything.

That is all.
/End Rant
<3

The following 10 users say thank you to .Robot for this useful post:

Encopresis, Grumpy, jonnyman69, kleszyk, Laney, MikeyCapp, s0ph0r, Sweets, Cory, xXPolojackXx

The following 18 users groaned at .Robot for this awful post:

aBoss, Abtean, Agent Wolf, Alexis Rhodes, Anthony., atifI0, Awayze, Calebbeast, EZ., Implicit, jannu22, Judgement, LINUX♥, Mr. Slim, NoobfromDK, Null ReacT, redraiderark, Spectre.
08-20-2011, 11:07 PM #2
Valence2point0
Pokemon Trainer
dont forget that xbox 360 is more user friendly when it comes to transfering achievments from a modded xbox 2 a non modded 1 =]
08-20-2011, 11:09 PM #3
Encopresis
< ^ > < ^ >
I was waiting for someone to make one of these threads. Good read :y:

The following user thanked Encopresis for this useful post:

.Robot
08-20-2011, 11:14 PM #4
-Messi
Banned
the xbox360 is way better because every year you get a free new one from Microsoft because it always RROD after a year :carling:
Originally posted by .Robot View Post
5. Xbox Live VS PSN. Having free mutiplayer is cool. I like the idea but when you pay for Xbox Live, you get what you pay for. Xbox Live is incredible!
Xbox Live has-

-Zune

ZOMG Zune isn't that like the ps store movies sextion and ps qriocity?
Last edited by -Messi ; 08-20-2011 at 11:18 PM.

The following user thanked -Messi for this useful post:

Judgement

The following 3 users groaned at -Messi for this awful post:

JewC, KilllerPanda, Cory
08-20-2011, 11:24 PM #5
xXPolojackXx
Moving to the Xbox Scene.
Yeah, I agree with you there.

Also I like the "Data Install" for the xbox. It loads much games MUCH quicker then the PS3 can.
08-20-2011, 11:52 PM #6
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Live and GPU
However only real problem with live just how restricted it is compared to PSN

The following 2 users say thank you to ResistTheSun for this useful post:

.Robot, JewC
08-21-2011, 12:09 AM #7
Millz
Worth the Weight
I'd like to point something out. Games that are made on Xbox 360 and Ps3 (Such as Call of Duty) Look better on the Xbox. They by no means look the same. The FPS and the anti-aliasing looks better on the Xbox when it comes down to that. Although the FPS isn't as noticeable, you'd have to be blind not to see the Xbox variant looks better than the Ps3 one.

Now, controller is personal preference. I've been using the Dualshock since Ps1. I find the Xbox controllers bulky. The D-Pad is pathetic, and the analog sticks move in 45 degree angles, making me need to switch from 10 to 4 sensitivity on COD. (Even then do I still suck)

Ps3 exclusives run at higher frame rates and graphics settings than Xbox's. That's because the developers take the time to actually care for the Ps3's hardware and utilize it. If Ps3 came first, Ps3 would have the better graphics by far on any game simply because it would have gotten the market share, and once developers know how to make one game, they won't bother making it different for the other console, so they convert it and upscale it, making it a joke.

As for the games, Gran Turismo, Killzone and Little Big Planet, God of War, etc. These games knock quite a few teeth out of Halo and GOW. Trust me, they are close.

Ps3 online is just fine. It's not as good as Xbox but by all means it is very usable and simple.

Ps3 games don't hit the limits because developers are greedy assholes. In truth, when a game on Ps3 hit's 1080p, it will rape Xbox's 1080p.

Just my 2 cents.

The following 13 users say thank you to Millz for this useful post:

-O-Z-Z-A-8-8-, .Robot, atifI0, Calebbeast, Car Lover, DiJiTaLGoDz, ixPxIxNx0xYxi, jannu22, Mr. Slim, NoobfromDK, Plasmaxyz, pspdoggy1, sAmIzErE
08-21-2011, 12:45 AM #8
.Robot
Banned
Originally posted by Millz59 View Post
I'd like to point something out. Games that are made on Xbox 360 and Ps3 (Such as Call of Duty) Look better on the Xbox. They by no means look the same. The FPS and the anti-aliasing looks better on the Xbox when it comes down to that. Although the FPS isn't as noticeable, you'd have to be blind not to see the Xbox variant looks better than the Ps3 one.

Now, controller is personal preference. I've been using the Dualshock since Ps1. I find the Xbox controllers bulky. The D-Pad is pathetic, and the analog sticks move in 45 degree angles, making me need to switch from 10 to 4 sensitivity on COD. (Even then do I still suck)

Ps3 exclusives run at higher frame rates and graphics settings than Xbox's. That's because the developers take the time to actually care for the Ps3's hardware and utilize it. If Ps3 came first, Ps3 would have the better graphics by far on any game simply because it would have gotten the market share, and once developers know how to make one game, they won't bother making it different for the other console, so they convert it and upscale it, making it a joke.

As for the games, Gran Turismo, Killzone and Little Big Planet, God of War, etc. These games knock quite a few teeth out of Halo and GOW. Trust me, they are close.

Ps3 online is just fine. It's not as good as Xbox but by all means it is very usable and simple.

Ps3 games don't hit the limits because developers are greedy assholes. In truth, when a game on Ps3 hit's 1080p, it will rape Xbox's 1080p.

Just my 2 cents.

I totally agree with you on some points. Are you active on the forums? I would like to pay for you to become in the next month or so but only if you plan on becoming active. :y:
08-21-2011, 12:54 AM #9
Millz
Worth the Weight
Originally posted by .Robot View Post
I totally agree with you on some points. Are you active on the forums? I would like to pay for you to become in the next month or so but only if you plan on becoming active. :y:

Oh yeah, I've been active since day one. =D I've been active and been posting around for a little over 1 year now. This site has some really nice people once you get to know them. :y:

The following user thanked Millz for this useful post:

JewC
08-21-2011, 01:06 AM #10
.Robot
Banned
Originally posted by Millz59 View Post
Oh yeah, I've been active since day one. =D I've been active and been posting around for a little over 1 year now. This site has some really nice people once you get to know them. :y:

Cool. In the next few days, I am going to be doing a premium giveaway and you will be on my list. It's free. You don't need to do anything but show me why you would like to be a premium member.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo