Post: Why the Xbox is better than the PS3 (in my opinion)
08-20-2011, 11:04 PM #1
.Robot
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I saw a thread today. It upset me :carling:

The thread was explaining in HIGH detail why the PS3 is better than the Xbox 360. If he gets to create a thread defending the PS3, I have the right to defend the Xbox 360. I am going to address all the statements he made

Here we go =D

1. The newer Xbox's don't get the red ring of death. The only way you can get the red ring of death on a newer console is if you keep it in a box with no air.

2. PS3 games have better graphics? Yes but do game developers care? **** no. A game like Call of Duty or Resident Evil don't care about the graphic differences. Each game on both consoles are the same. No difference! Now, a game developed JUST for the PS3 like Uncharted has to meet the PS3's graphic limit because it was made just for the PS3. In reality, most people will be playing Call of Duty, not Uncharted.

3. To be honest, blue ray movies are incredible. Nuff' said. Xbox can't beat the blue ray aspect of the PS3.

4. Yes, batteries are expensive and the Xbox controller runs on batteries. You can buy a new Xbox controller and a rechargeable battery pack for $70. The controller is 10x better than the PS3's when you get used to it.

5. Xbox Live VS PSN. Having free mutiplayer is cool. I like the idea but when you pay for Xbox Live, you get what you pay for. Xbox Live is incredible!
Xbox Live has-

-Zune
-Games on Demand
-Party chat
-Private Chat
-Voice messages
-Better security

6. The Xbox's exclusives are better than PS3's exclusives. Halo and Gears of War can easily beat any PS3 exclusive. I must admit, Uncharted is very good and might be the only competition on PS3's side.

7. Even though the PS3 has full 1080P, most games don't reach the limit. Crysis 2 does but it is full 1080P on Xbox too so there isn't much a difference there.

This thread was written %100 by me, .Robot.
I am not calling out anyone, I am just speaking my mind. Feel free to ask me anything.

That is all.
/End Rant
<3

The following 10 users say thank you to .Robot for this useful post:

Encopresis, Grumpy, jonnyman69, kleszyk, Laney, MikeyCapp, s0ph0r, Sweets, Cory, xXPolojackXx

The following 18 users groaned at .Robot for this awful post:

aBoss, Abtean, Agent Wolf, Alexis Rhodes, Anthony., atifI0, Awayze, Calebbeast, EZ., Implicit, jannu22, Judgement, LINUX♥, Mr. Slim, NoobfromDK, Null ReacT, redraiderark, Spectre.
08-28-2011, 11:04 PM #38
Coke_Can_
< ^ > < ^ >
I like how everyone forgot about MGS4 lol.
08-28-2011, 11:48 PM #39
Originally posted by .Robot View Post
I saw a thread today. It upset me :carling:

The thread was explaining in HIGH detail why the PS3 is better than the Xbox 360. If he gets to create a thread defending the PS3, I have the right to defend the Xbox 360. I am going to address all the statements he made

Here we go =D

1. The newer Xbox's don't get the red ring of death. The only way you can get the red ring of death on a newer console is if you keep it in a box with no air.

2. PS3 games have better graphics? Yes but do game developers care? **** no. A game like Call of Duty or Resident Evil don't care about the graphic differences. Each game on both consoles are the same. No difference! Now, a game developed JUST for the PS3 like Uncharted has to meet the PS3's graphic limit because it was made just for the PS3. In reality, most people will be playing Call of Duty, not Uncharted.

3. To be honest, blue ray movies are incredible. Nuff' said. Xbox can't beat the blue ray aspect of the PS3.

4. Yes, batteries are expensive and the Xbox controller runs on batteries. You can buy a new Xbox controller and a rechargeable battery pack for $70. The controller is 10x better than the PS3's when you get used to it.

5. Xbox Live VS PSN. Having free mutiplayer is cool. I like the idea but when you pay for Xbox Live, you get what you pay for. Xbox Live is incredible!
Xbox Live has-

-Zune
-Games on Demand
-Party chat
-Private Chat
-Voice messages
-Better security

6. The Xbox's exclusives are better than PS3's exclusives. Halo and Gears of War can easily beat any PS3 exclusive. I must admit, Uncharted is very good and might be the only competition on PS3's side.

7. Even though the PS3 has full 1080P, most games don't reach the limit. Crysis 2 does but it is full 1080P on Xbox too so there isn't much a difference there.

This thread was written *0 by me, .Robot.
I am not calling out anyone, I am just speaking my mind. Feel free to ask me anything.

That is all.
/End Rant
<3
um ill go off of point two for one xbox 360 resolution is outputted in 520p not 1080p you have better shaders about it due to the way xbox games are made this does not mean they are better looking then pc or ps3 for that matter xbox games are not made with the same kit used on another system so my point why would anyone argue this fact cause it is not a fact at all
08-29-2011, 12:36 AM #40

Here we go =D

Xbox Live has-

-Zune
-Games on Demand
-Party chat
-Private Chat
-Voice messages
-Better security

That is all.
/End Rant
<3

There is only 1 reason there that explains why the Xbox360 is better, and that is the exclusives, all the other reasons are reasons why it is on par with PS3. But I understand you are defending what might have been said in the other thread. When it comes down to the bottom line, they are both great and it is a personal preference; Maybe you can only afford one of the basic xbox360's? Or maybe you really want a blue ray player? Idk, we all have our reasons for owning either a PS3 or Xbox.
Last edited by Calebbeast ; 08-29-2011 at 12:42 AM.
08-29-2011, 03:09 AM #41
Lito
Little One
I think both consoles are good & I would pay the monthly/year subscription for xbox but i just hate the xbox 360 controller. It just doesn't feel right & i have been playing the playstation since 98'. Everyone has their opinions about each console & anyone can choose what they want. Hardcore fanboys take things to serious though No
08-29-2011, 03:22 AM #42
BR4M
Keeper
Originally posted by Millz59 View Post
I'd like to point something out. Games that are made on Xbox 360 and Ps3 (Such as Call of Duty) Look better on the Xbox. They by no means look the same. The FPS and the anti-aliasing looks better on the Xbox when it comes down to that. Although the FPS isn't as noticeable, you'd have to be blind not to see the Xbox variant looks better than the Ps3 one.

Now, controller is personal preference. I've been using the Dualshock since Ps1. I find the Xbox controllers bulky. The D-Pad is pathetic, and the analog sticks move in 45 degree angles, making me need to switch from 10 to 4 sensitivity on COD. (Even then do I still suck)

Ps3 exclusives run at higher frame rates and graphics settings than Xbox's. That's because the developers take the time to actually care for the Ps3's hardware and utilize it. If Ps3 came first, Ps3 would have the better graphics by far on any game simply because it would have gotten the market share, and once developers know how to make one game, they won't bother making it different for the other console, so they convert it and upscale it, making it a joke.

As for the games, Gran Turismo, Killzone and Little Big Planet, God of War, etc. These games knock quite a few teeth out of Halo and GOW. Trust me, they are close.

Ps3 online is just fine. It's not as good as Xbox but by all means it is very usable and simple.

Ps3 games don't hit the limits because developers are greedy assholes. In truth, when a game on Ps3 hit's 1080p, it will rape Xbox's 1080p.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree to most of what you said. You really can't beat the difference of LIVE.
08-29-2011, 04:51 AM #43
iWarrior
I Sell Fifa Coins.
These rants aren't ever going to end, fan boys reunite!
08-31-2011, 06:41 AM #44
GQGK
Skillz
Very good read. Mind if i throw in some other statements though?

Here we go =D

Xbox Live has-

-Zune
-Games on Demand
-Party chat
-Private Chat
-Voice messages
-Better security

That is all.
/End Rant
<3

BTW I HAVE BOTH AND I'VE HAD BOTH FOR SOME TIME NOW. DISCLAIMER DONE lol

1. Somewhat true. New xboxs have a higher rrod than slim ylod, but both are very negligible and are small percentages to the point they don't matter.

2. Newer game devs do care. Wait until bf3. Or have you played killzone? destroys any xbox game graphics.

3. Very true. Blurays are very good.

4. Some people like the xbox controller, some like ps3 controller. I prefer the ps3 controller. xbox controller is just too heavy for my taste and slightly inaccurate for my taste. the sticks are very stiff. But yes, they do fit my hands better. I will give them that. Wish I could get the xbox controller with less stiff sticks.

5. Really the only thing on that list is party chat. Which don't get me wrong, is HUGE!!! I love party chat. Better security however... We know about the sony hack, but the very next week xbox was hacked, it just got shoved under the media because of sony. So cross game chat = huge. Zune is really just quriocity.

6. This is where i STRONGLY disagree. I'm not the only one either. Halo reach is average. The best part is forge. Other than that, the gunfight is nothing that new anymore. Gears is fun. But ps3 has killzone, resistance, uncharted, (gran turismo destroys forza), and most games play better from the blu ray. You just can't fit as much as you can on an xbox disk as you can on a blu ray. That plays a huge deal for developers. LA Noire isn't an exclusive, but I bought it on ps3 because I didn't want 3 disks for 1 game. I like halo. I like gears. But not as much as resistance or killzone.

7. Nothing here.

8. I love my xbox for the arcade games. But there have been a lack of arcade games lately because xbox has been slowing down their indie dev programs.

I like both consoles. But there are so many variables that it really just comes down to personal taste.
08-31-2011, 12:31 PM #45
Cherokee
Save Point

Here we go =D

Xbox Live has-

-Zune
-Games on Demand
-Party chat
-Private Chat
-Voice messages
-Better security

That is all.
/End Rant
<3

My opinion is like yours, except that I prefer the PS3 controller
09-02-2011, 10:27 PM #46
shamrock54
Do a barrel roll!
when comparing the two, i got to side with sony, sorry

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo