08-13-2011, 10:45 AM #1
Liam
In my man cave
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Hacks in Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2 Getting Patched by Infinity Ward :(

As I'm sure all of you are aware, there are many different hacks available for both MW2 and Cod4 including hacked lobbies/challenge lobbies and such however Infinity Ward have hit out saying that these will be patched in light of MW3 coming out.

Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling in a recent podcast, shed some light on the hacks and exploits in MW2 and Cod4. In response to a question on if Infinity Ward is working patches for the aforementioned games, Robert said:

"We (Infinity Ward) are (addressing the hacks and exploits). We are not looking at rebalancing things, so you're not going to see OMA (One Man Army) being removed from MW2, although it is removed from MW3. But, we're looking at things, like security things of like how can we address hacking on Call of Duty 4? And, we've been already doing updates on MW2 to address hacking, and basically once we get MW2 on lockdown, then the guys who have the ability to focus on even further legacy things, (such as) how can we lockdown things on Cod4. Actually, we just did on PC a Linux patch."

He went to explain that Infinity Ward's primary focus is, obviously, Modern Warfare 3, then MW2 and Cod4 (respectively). Speaking of Modern Warfare 3, it's rumored that killstreaks and explosives are getting nerfed.

So if I was you I would enjoy the hacks as much as you can because it seems they are serious this time. This might not be for quite some time yet since their main focus will be MW3.
Last edited by Liam ; 08-13-2011 at 11:00 AM.

The following 5 users say thank you to Liam for this useful post:

-QwiiCk-, Correy, monkystyle, ThatsAmazin, xVz
09-06-2011, 03:50 AM #11
PussayPatrol
I'm a neat monster...
Originally posted by UK
1.mw3 is finished as you can see
2.security is server-sided,the only way to modify the online data is to hack there hosting site.
3.iw has all the time in the world to patch anything they want,especially config modding,thats easy to patch.

Originally posted by Love. View Post
i dont really think iw has the time to be making patches for mw2 when their big release is two months away, so i dont think theyl patch cl. as for mw3 maybe theyll put more security

Originally posted by Liam View Post
Hacks in Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2 Getting Patched by Infinity Ward :(

As I'm sure all of you are aware, there are many different hacks available for both MW2 and Cod4 including hacked lobbies/challenge lobbies and such however Infinity Ward have hit out saying that these will be patched in light of MW3 coming out.

Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling in a recent podcast, shed some light on the hacks and exploits in MW2 and Cod4. In response to a question on if Infinity Ward is working patches for the aforementioned games, Robert said:

"We (Infinity Ward) are (addressing the hacks and exploits). We are not looking at rebalancing things, so you're not going to see OMA (One Man Army) being removed from MW2, although it is removed from MW3. But, we're looking at things, like security things of like how can we address hacking on Call of Duty 4? And, we've been already doing updates on MW2 to address hacking, and basically once we get MW2 on lockdown, then the guys who have the ability to focus on even further legacy things, (such as) how can we lockdown things on Cod4. Actually, we just did on PC a Linux patch."

He went to explain that Infinity Ward's primary focus is, obviously, Modern Warfare 3, then MW2 and Cod4 (respectively). Speaking of Modern Warfare 3, it's rumored that killstreaks and explosives are getting nerfed.

So if I was you I would enjoy the hacks as much as you can because it seems they are serious this time. This might not be for quite some time yet since their main focus will be MW3.

Originally posted by Spraze View Post
is this shit for real!!!!!

Originally posted by neverbeen View Post
did they so when r they getting it patchedc?

Ok, look guys we can't give up even thou Viper says its over when they do patch it, we can move on to other things like..... Blackops we can fuk over 3arc just like we did to infinity ward.. some how.. socome on think of things we still would have Cod5 to fuk around with and have fun...

SECOND SOLUTION:carling:

We all send/spam infinity ward that COD4 and MW2 should not be patched because its to fun with hacks, maybe they wont listen to a few people but if we start a protest maybe we can change there mind who knows? we can make a website, youtube channels, mw2 patch's and stuff to try and recruit people into this alliance...

THIRD SOLUTION:carling:

We can all just send them Emails saying "There is no point of patching it your wasting time and moey we will always hack it... we have a way" or something convincing.. you think

FOURTH SOLUTION:carling:

We threaten to bomb there HQ from a pay phone in Dubai so we don't get caught.. :carling:

LAST SOLUTION:carling:

Just enjoy the game with no hacks (FUKING IMPOSSIBLE Cl_lNT)

The following user thanked PussayPatrol for this useful post:

TheBurntCeltic
09-06-2011, 05:11 AM #12
Where are the links and actual proof? If this gets too rumoured.. people will start releasing stuff that may actually harm mw2 more.. Then this will really bring an update. Where is the hard evidence?
09-06-2011, 10:29 AM #13
Liam
In my man cave
Originally posted by 04 View Post
Where are the links and actual proof? If this gets too rumoured.. people will start releasing stuff that may actually harm mw2 more.. Then this will really bring an update. Where is the hard evidence?

I would provide you a link to robert bowlings podcast however It was a while ago I created this thread, but it'll be out there somewhere. I can assure you im 99% sure the quote which is in my original post is the true spoken words of robert but I guess only time will tell if he's serious. He may just be saying it as a way of re-assuring the members of the cod community that don't hack(like 2% :p) But he may be true to his word.
09-06-2011, 04:58 PM #14
arabiandonkey1
Working On Da Patch
Originally posted by 69r View Post
Ok, look guys we can't give up even thou Viper says its over when they do patch it, we can move on to other things like..... Blackops we can fuk over 3arc just like we did to infinity ward.. some how.. socome on think of things we still would have Cod5 to fuk around with and have fun...

SECOND SOLUTION:carling:

We all send/spam infinity ward that COD4 and MW2 should not be patched because its to fun with hacks, maybe they wont listen to a few people but if we start a protest maybe we can change there mind who knows? we can make a website, youtube channels, mw2 patch's and stuff to try and recruit people into this alliance...

i like the second one
09-06-2011, 06:11 PM #15
tooo much shiz!

right,just so everyone can listen to this reply now because its importent & it does clear up this thread,here is many reasons WHY iw have stopped sending out there updates(1.13 & 1.41 for cod4)

For Cod4,there are many reasons why this wont be patched,but they main reason is that Infinityward DID send out an update for microsoft to approve of the 1.41 title updates & microsoft denied it because the title is over 4 years old.

For mw2,there will not be an update for ps3 users at any time this year because if you have noticed,xbox modding is completly different towards ps3 now,ps3 users are using config tweaks while xbox are using another techniqe which involves modifying a different fast file,IW will do some reasearch over the new way that 360 users have found because "exclusive to xbox first" quoted from fourzerotwo himself,which makes iw sent out an update to xbox first,if the update came to ps3,it wouldnt effect config tweaking,its simply the patch for the xbox mods,which if in the xbox scene they found out how to execute configs,it WILL be over for coders out there.the 1.13 is awaiting for its update but wont be availible till they find a source to these "mods" on xbox 360.

this is a good reason why you dont leak,release & record these type of mods,they can easyly be spotted throughtout the iw company.

P.S: spamming iw wont fix anything,iw is against hacking & wont tollerate it,in the end of the day one of the top companys will allow tweaking for private sessions or as a gametype,but for now,activision denies it because its against there policy

The following user thanked Uk_ViiPeR for this useful post:

campbell-04
09-06-2011, 08:10 PM #16
Originally posted by UK
right,just so everyone can listen to this reply now because its importent & it does clear up this thread,here is many reasons WHY iw have stopped sending out there updates(1.13 & 1.41 for cod4)

For Cod4,there are many reasons why this wont be patched,but they main reason is that Infinityward DID send out an update for microsoft to approve of the 1.41 title updates & microsoft denied it because the title is over 4 years old.

For mw2,there will not be an update for ps3 users at any time this year because if you have noticed,xbox modding is completly different towards ps3 now,ps3 users are using config tweaks while xbox are using another techniqe which involves modifying a different fast file,IW will do some reasearch over the new way that 360 users have found because "exclusive to xbox first" quoted from fourzerotwo himself,which makes iw sent out an update to xbox first,if the update came to ps3,it wouldnt effect config tweaking,its simply the patch for the xbox mods,which if in the xbox scene they found out how to execute configs,it WILL be over for coders out there.the 1.13 is awaiting for its update but wont be availible till they find a source to these "mods" on xbox 360.

this is a good reason why you dont leak,release & record these type of mods,they can easyly be spotted throughtout the iw company.

P.S: spamming iw wont fix anything,iw is against hacking & wont tollerate it,in the end of the day one of the top companys will allow tweaking for private sessions or as a gametype,but for now,activision denies it because its against there policy

exactly, which is why everyone needs to stop and think about what they are releasing before they release it. I have heard about a lot of people who want to release this and that because of some RUMOURED UPDATE, when really its not up to them to release them.. i.e. the model 1887's. The only people who have the right to release these are the people who founded the mod. Think before you release..

The following user thanked campbell-04 for this useful post:

Uk_ViiPeR
09-06-2011, 08:34 PM #17
Originally posted by 04 View Post
exactly, which is why everyone needs to stop and think about what they are releasing before they release it. I have heard about a lot of people who want to release this and that because of some RUMOURED UPDATE, when really its not up to them to release them.. i.e. the model 1887's. The only people who have the right to release these are the people who founded the mod. Think before you release..

thanks for finishing up my quote :y: & that msg is targeted mostly to leechers who want to leak onto other forums,if none of this was spread around we wouldnt have a 1.12 update right now,hell,we would still have CFW & even the oldschool jailbreak dongle,so i hope this msg puts everything straight.
09-06-2011, 09:18 PM #18
Originally posted by UK
thanks for finishing up my quote :y: & that msg is targeted mostly to leechers who want to leak onto other forums,if none of this was spread around we wouldnt have a 1.12 update right now,hell,we would still have CFW & even the oldschool jailbreak dongle,so i hope this msg puts everything straight.

no problem man.. Well quoted~!
09-06-2011, 09:53 PM #19
tokzikate
Gym leader
i like this solution :carling:

FOURTH SOLUTION:carling:

We threaten to bomb there HQ from a pay phone in Dubai so we don't get caught.. :carling:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo