03-06-2011, 05:40 AM #1
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); *Note*: I realize I am not going to be able to find any college level OpenGL/SFML/ and C++ programmers so this is basically a project to get the experience of makeing a 3D MMOFPS and to learn about 3D game programming. I am hoping though that after all the work and practice this team should have enough knowledge to make this game big and make money off it.

What is TheTechTouch?
Originally posted by another user

TheTechTouch is my game programming/software programming company. This is also the (working) title of this team.

Why is this thread here?

Well, I have been interested in game design for a few months now and have looked into making a game. I have now decided that I should make some type of MMO since they do so well (Runescape). Now I realize RS is an MMORPG but I think MMOFPS could do just as good. (I want to make an MMOFPS because I like games with guns.) Combat Arms for example is an MMOFPS and it does well from sales of the armor/weapons. I am looking to do the same with a team.
This team will be following this guide: You must login or register to view this content.
I realize that is for MMORPG's but our MMOFPS starts the same as that.

What are the requirements?

Programmers:
To join this team you must know the following Libraries/Language:
1. OpenGL 3.3 - We will use VBO's for drawing.
2. SFML - Used for a crossplatform windowing system/networking system.
3. C++ - The language that will be used to make this game due to its powerful nature and its OOP design.
4. Must know how networks work. Ex. Server to Client Communication or vise versa.

Artists:
1. Know how to model in 3D and create 3D People/Map/Items.
2. Must be good at texturing

Designer:
1. Must be very creative

How do I apply?

1. Quote/Message me here.
2. Go to my site (link in my sig) and go to jobs and apply.
3. Email me at: [email][email protected][/email]
4. MSN: TTT_Dutch

What do I say?

1. How much experience you have.
2. What you first name/age is. (Do not lie about your age to make yourself seem more experienced please)
3. What you can bring to the team.

Extra Notes:

1. Do not apply if you do not know the more advanced concepts of those three requirements. Ex. You only know about loops/variable in C++ /or\ You only know about how to setup a window in SFML /or\ You only know how to draw a triangle with glBegin and glEnd in OpenGL (we will be using VBO/VAO's).

2. You will not get paid until the game makes money.

3. I am looking for a team with 6 experienced programmers, 3 experienced artists, and 1 musician.

4. This game consists of these components:

• **Graphics**
  • Input
  • Music and sound
  • **Game logic and artificial intelligence**
  • **Networking**
  • User interface and menuing system

** = Harder/More important componenets

5. You can see who is on the team on my site. (link in sig). It wont be updated as I havent talked to my web developer yet today. RathHavoc has been recruited though. Kiwimoosical is next I think.
Last edited by Ritztro ; 03-11-2011 at 04:23 AM.
03-06-2011, 10:01 AM #2
Beta-
< ^ > < ^ >
Cool I want To See A Game Developed By NGU
03-06-2011, 11:38 AM #3
Originally posted by Dutch View Post
What is TheTechTouch?

Why is this thread here?

How do I apply?

What do I say?

Extra Notes:

if i can get SFML working i can create some amazing functions such as functions that handle displaying messages on the screen with returnable (selectable) options ect.. GUI interfaces basically.
03-06-2011, 03:03 PM #4
kiwimoosical
Bounty hunter
I am a very experienced C++ programmer, but I know nothing about OpenGL and SFML. I will code your program's base and back-end if you want. Smile
03-06-2011, 05:57 PM #5
Girby2K11
☮ ☯ ☢ ✔ ➝
i dont get how to lead a 3D level :p, but i was wondering what is OpenGL how long does it take to learn, is it fun LOL, is it a new language or an addon to c++
03-06-2011, 06:39 PM #6
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
Originally posted by Girby2K11 View Post
i dont get how to lead a 3D level :p, but i was wondering what is OpenGL how long does it take to learn, is it fun LOL, is it a new language or an addon to c++

OpenGL is a universal library for graphics for pretty much any language. It is even used on the ps3 for rendering. I don't know how long it will take you to learn, but I would suggest starting off on OpenGL Superbible 5th edition to learn or OpenGL Game Programming v2.
Last edited by Ritztro ; 03-06-2011 at 06:41 PM.
03-06-2011, 06:41 PM #7
Girby2K11
☮ ☯ ☢ ✔ ➝
OpenGL is a universal library for graphics for pretty much any language. It is even used on the ps3 for rendering.

is it easy to learn?
03-06-2011, 07:03 PM #8
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
Originally posted by kiwimoosical View Post
I am a very experienced C++ programmer, but I know nothing about OpenGL and SFML. I will code your program's base and back-end if you want. Smile

Ok well I already have you added on Aim so.. Ya we can talk about that.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Originally posted by Girby2K11 View Post
is it easy to learn?

Not neccesarily. I am reading OpenGL Game Programming v2 and it looks promising based on the final example. Considering it is a game and it uses VBO's.
03-06-2011, 07:25 PM #9
Rath
Today Will Be Different
*Note*: I realize I am not going to be able to find any college level OpenGL/SFML/ and C++ programmers so this is basically a project to get the experience of makeing a 3D MMOFPS and to learn about 3D game programming. I am hoping though that after all the work and practice this team should have enough knowledge to make this game big and make money off it.

What is TheTechTouch?

Why is this thread here?

How do I apply?

What do I say?

Extra Notes:

I applied on your new site... even though I think I was actually one of the first people to apply from awhile ago :y: lol
03-06-2011, 07:29 PM #10
Girby2K11
☮ ☯ ☢ ✔ ➝
Ok well I already have you added on Aim so.. Ya we can talk about that.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Not neccesarily. I am reading OpenGL Game Programming v2 and it looks promising based on the final example. Considering it is a game and it uses VBO's.

COOL, i might buy that book after i have read begging c++ with game programming by mike dawnson

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo