04-14-2010, 07:08 PM #1
Vanitas
Retired
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Why would someone be so much of a (excuse my language) dick to hack someone to get their Social Security number, bank info, etc. Are they really that stupid? They could be caught and sent to jail. And I would be majorly pissed if someone did that to me.
04-14-2010, 09:54 PM #2
Originally posted by Slyder27 View Post
Why would someone be so much of a (excuse my language) dick to hack someone to get their Social Security number, bank info, etc. Are they really that stupid? They could be caught and sent to jail. And I would be majorly pissed if someone did that to me.

Well, first of all, you don't need to be excused to swear Happy

But people do that because:

1. They're mentally ****ing stupid because it seems to be a great idea in the short run, but in the long run, they're gonna change their social security number, change their credit card, etc. and you'll get tracked down and sent to jail.

2. Because they're too poor to have their own, so they steal somebody Else's.

3. People do dumb shit.

'Nuff said.
04-14-2010, 09:56 PM #3
iFryz
Keeper
Curiousity kills the cat.
04-14-2010, 11:47 PM #4
I don't have a clue but it's like the same question why would someone who you gameshare with buy and download stuff off your account, It's so easy to track them down you would have to be mentaly retarded to do it and if you get caught you can get prosecuted, depending on the severity of the case.
04-14-2010, 11:52 PM #5
schaffinosx
To and fro the island.
Every human being has something called "self-pride", or at least most do. With self-pride comes confidence, and the belief that one is more intelligent than others. A majority of the time, someone who thinks they are smarter than others is in fact not, but there are exceptions.

When someone thinks they are smarter than others, they begin to develop a sense of being able to do anything they want, because they are more intelligent, and can get away with it. Therefore, people will attempt to get large sums of money by breaking the law in a variation of ways, thinking their plan will succeed, as they understand the system better than anyone else.

So, I don't think it's a matter of these people being stupid, but the opposite. They are smart, but they let their confidence get in the way, making them somewhat blind of the actual reality, being the fact that they have just as little chance of succeeding with such a thing as anyone else.
04-14-2010, 11:52 PM #6
For the lulz
04-15-2010, 12:00 AM #7
Vanitas
Retired
Hello again Schaffin Smile . But the difference between this and Gamesharing Stealing is: You could ruin your whole life because you have just stolen someones IDENTITY
04-15-2010, 12:04 AM #8
well why do people use limwire? cuz its easy money, but all ur rly doing is stealing from some1 els
04-15-2010, 12:06 AM #9
Vanitas
Retired
Why do people steal using computers should be the title of this thread now haha.
04-15-2010, 12:07 AM #10
schaffinosx
To and fro the island.
Originally posted by Slyder27 View Post
Hello again Schaffin Smile . But the difference between this and Gamesharing Stealing is: You could ruin your whole life because you have just stolen someones IDENTITY

I understand that, and I know that it is rather odd to think that people would actually think they would be able to get away with something of said manner, but in all actuality, when you think about it, they obviously think, for one reason or another, that they can get away with it.

Some people, especially those in not good situations, will go to any means to live a better life, even if that means taking a risk that could make your life even worse.

It really is hard to say why people do things of this manner, and it is something I'd imagine has many variations from person to person.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo