02-12-2013, 03:20 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi guys, I'm really bored and find myself wasting time on my computer so I thought I'd get some suggestions on what to program. I've worked a lot with .NET and C++/C but I want to create something in Perl, Python or C# so leave your suggestions below, it would be really appreciated. Smile
02-12-2013, 06:24 PM #2
Zesh
Keeper
A polymorphic engine :P

The following user thanked Zesh for this useful post:

Complete Speed
02-13-2013, 12:55 AM #3
Complete Speed
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by LE
Hi guys, I'm really bored and find myself wasting time on my computer so I thought I'd get some suggestions on what to program. I've worked a lot with .NET and C++/C but I want to create something in Perl, Python or C# so leave your suggestions below, it would be really appreciated. Smile

create an elevator program. where it has basically you press the buttons it shows a progress bar which will go up according to what button you pressed. and go down etc. idk it seems fun or make a polymorphic engine.
02-13-2013, 10:16 PM #4
Originally posted by Zesh View Post
A polymorphic engine :P

I've done way too much encryption and have developed a polymorphic engine but didn't finish it. I don't get attracted to it as much. Thanks for the suggestion though, anything else you would wanna suggest?
02-14-2013, 02:11 AM #5
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
You must login or register to view this content.

This is what I currently am working on. The shutdown manager that I have is far more advanced than what you see around; I'm still adding safety support to it since it targets and switches processes off to allow for a smooth shutdown/restart, (As if certain processes are running, Windows will prompt a message after 10-15 seconds and not allow the computer to shutdown).

The second part is a shortcut manager; I'm building up a list and will continue to build up but it checks the system directories and sees if the program exists; if it does, then it shows it. I'm trying to build up a large database of program directories for this.

(I know I can use Directory and some of the different methods to pull different files from the folders, the problem with this is clutter).

I'm still going to add a couple more things to this but once these two are completely 100% complete, I'm putting them up on CNet for sale as a basic edition.

I plan on making an a pro version, which will include a couple more applications built in and an ultimate version which will include 6-7 different sorts of applications in one load. (All system management sorts of things to make life easier.)

You must login or register to view this content.

What I've got going. You should do the same, but of course not copy my programs, and make something that people will actually use and try to sell.

The following user thanked Pichu for this useful post:

LEzStarz
02-14-2013, 03:54 AM #6
SnD_Boosters
Who’s Jim Erased?
A Youtube sub bot xD
02-14-2013, 06:31 PM #7
Zesh
Keeper
Originally posted by LE
I've done way too much encryption and have developed a polymorphic engine but didn't finish it. I don't get attracted to it as much. Thanks for the suggestion though, anything else you would wanna suggest?

Maybe try your hand at simple facial recognition or even voice but facial would be easier :P
02-14-2013, 10:32 PM #8
Originally posted by Zesh View Post
Maybe try your hand at simple facial recognition or even voice but facial would be easier :P

Already made a program that uses facial recognition and displays matches of numerous other images, a comparison style program. Did it as my first ever project in C++ and also got some help with it, so yeah got any other ideas? lol
02-15-2013, 12:11 AM #9
Complete Speed
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by LE
Already made a program that uses facial recognition and displays matches of numerous other images, a comparison style program. Did it as my first ever project in C++ and also got some help with it, so yeah got any other ideas? lol

got a link to it? i'd like to see it.

The following 3 users say thank you to Complete Speed for this useful post:

<Jimbo>, Newelly
02-15-2013, 12:50 AM #10
Originally posted by Integer View Post
got a link to it? i'd like to see it.

I made it really long ago, it's on my college network area so I'll try my best to get it and release it Smile.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Originally posted by Boosters View Post
A Youtube sub bot xD

I find those kind of things nooby and they're really overused (alot of people try and make those tools). I want to do something unique.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo