02-12-2013, 03:20 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi guys, I'm really bored and find myself wasting time on my computer so I thought I'd get some suggestions on what to program. I've worked a lot with .NET and C++/C but I want to create something in Perl, Python or C# so leave your suggestions below, it would be really appreciated. Smile
02-20-2013, 06:10 AM #11
Originally posted by LEzStarz View Post
Already made a program that uses facial recognition and displays matches of numerous other images, a comparison style program. Did it as my first ever project in C++ and also got some help with it, so yeah got any other ideas? lol

really? that's sounds very advanced for your first C++ project. I'm curious to how you did that. Also have you worked with openGL at all?

The following user thanked Jakes625 for this useful post:

Pichu
02-20-2013, 01:42 PM #12
Complete Speed
Do a barrel roll!
Hi guys, I'm really bored and find myself wasting time on my computer so I thought I'd get some suggestions on what to program. I've worked a lot with .NET and C++/C but I want to create something in Perl, Python or C# so leave your suggestions below, it would be really appreciated. Smile

if you're really up for it. then make a simple 2d platform game. and not just gem hunter from a c# book or something like that make one that's just you're own. just a simple run and jump game.
02-22-2013, 12:46 AM #13
Originally posted by Jakes625PS3 View Post
really? that's sounds very advanced for your first C++ project. I'm curious to how you did that. Also have you worked with openGL at all?

Yeah I have worked with OpenGL, but not much. I didn't create the program all by myself, I had quite alot of help with it. It was mainly supposed to be something that I was going to do in the later stages after I had learnt C++ and was fluent with it; instead I decided to get someone to help me with it and do a shared project so I could combine skills I had with my partner (advanced C++ user) where I could go over the source and learn from it. I tried to find the project but it seems that the student drives at my college were flushed last year, I'll try to get my partner to check if he has a backup and I'll be sure to release it. Smile

Originally posted by Integer View Post
if you're really up for it. then make a simple 2d platform game. and not just gem hunter from a c# book or something like that make one that's just you're own. just a simple run and jump game.

Well I'm not a lot into game development, I've worked a bit with LUA and I didn't enjoy any game development. I actually thought that I would create an advanced multi penetration testing tool using Python and Perl. Which will be designed for Windows/Linux. Something that will have many utilities to attack and exploit networks and systems. It is going to be a very long project but I hope it will keep me busy for the next few months. I really picked this as I really got into network security and research recently and from my knowledge in networking/web development/programming/databases I thought this would be a very interesting project combining my skills and interests. Though I have decided what I want to do it would be great if I could still get some further suggestions just to keep my mind flowing on other things too! Happy
02-22-2013, 09:36 AM #14
Yeah I have worked with OpenGL, but not much. I didn't create the program all by myself, I had quite alot of help with it. It was mainly supposed to be something that I was going to do in the later stages after I had learnt C++ and was fluent with it; instead I decided to get someone to help me with it and do a shared project so I could combine skills I had with my partner (advanced C++ user) where I could go over the source and learn from it. I tried to find the project but it seems that the student drives at my college were flushed last year, I'll try to get my partner to check if he has a backup and I'll be sure to release it. Smile

Well I'm not a lot into game development, I've worked a bit with LUA and I didn't enjoy any game development. I actually thought that I would create an advanced multi penetration testing tool using Python and Perl. Which will be designed for Windows/Linux. Something that will have many utilities to attack and exploit networks and systems. It is going to be a very long project but I hope it will keep me busy for the next few months. I really picked this as I really got into network security and research recently and from my knowledge in networking/web development/programming/databases I thought this would be a very interesting project combining my skills and interests. Though I have decided what I want to do it would be great if I could still get some further suggestions just to keep my mind flowing on other things too! Happy

wow that's cool man, maybe we should work on a C++ project together! :p haha

pertaining to your "network security" I see you have ReverseHosts in your signature. I remember I bought a shared account on there an completely exploited the root system of there and all the sub sites in the /usr/ folder. Not boasting or bragging but if you work with network security you should get them to pay you to secure themselves. haha :p I'm sure you'd be fine at it.
02-22-2013, 04:50 PM #15
wow that's cool man, maybe we should work on a C++ project together! :p haha

pertaining to your "network security" I see you have ReverseHosts in your signature. I remember I bought a shared account on there an completely exploited the root system of there and all the sub sites in the /usr/ folder. Not boasting or bragging but if you work with network security you should get them to pay you to secure themselves. haha :p I'm sure you'd be fine at it.

That would be great. Actually I am founder and CEO of ReverseHosts and I am aware that it was hacked and exploited and at the time I was on holiday and only found out about it when I was back. Since then I can assure you that you shouldn't be able to find an easy way to exploit any of our servers as I've done a lot of work after the attack. Smile
02-22-2013, 05:18 PM #16
That would be great. Actually I am founder and CEO of ReverseHosts and I am aware that it was hacked and exploited and at the time I was on holiday and only found out about it when I was back. Since then I can assure you that you shouldn't be able to find an easy way to exploit any of our servers as I've done a lot of work after the attack. Smile

I wouldn't be tempted to try. I also did it because I was furious at on of your employee's. I have better things to worry about. :fa:

lol.
02-22-2013, 09:56 PM #17
I wouldn't be tempted to try. I also did it because I was furious at on of your employee's. I have better things to worry about. :fa:

lol.

Which employee may that be? What you have to worry about doesn't concern me nor my business. Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo