08-30-2011, 01:52 AM #1
Default Avatar
x iJB x
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); 10 Windows Shortcuts You Never Knew
Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: Alphas Buttcheek // 30/08/2011

Windows: A widely used well known operating system, with plenty of applications, games, hardware and more. Oh, and shortcuts.

You might thing you know the shortcuts of Windows. Control-Alt-Delete is one. So is Control-Shift-Escape. But there are plently more, such as these:

Windows Key + L

Locks your computer quickly! Great if you need to go out the room but have a nosy sibling.

Shift + Delete

Use this on any file and you'll permanently delete it - no recycle bin, no nothing. Gone!

Alt + F6

Multiple windows open? Don't worry. This shortcut spreads them out for you so you can find what you're looking for.

Shift + Control + N

Gotta make a new folder? But don't want to spend all that time right clicking? Press this and it'll make you a new folder.

Windows Key + M

Millions of Windows open but need to find your desktop? Press this and head back there right away by minimizing all open windows to the taskbar.

Windows Key + Space Bar

Need to view your desktop but not access it? Use this and make all open windows transparent.

Windows Key + Shift + Left Arrow or Right Arrow

If you have a dual-monitor setup, then you can use this to send windows to and from monitors.

Windows Key + Number

If you have apps pinned to the taskbar, you can use this to quickly open them.

Windows Key + T

Browse your open apps on the taskbar quickly, and hit enter on the one you want to open.

Windows Key + (+/-)

Quickly zoom in or out of the screen using Magnifier.

The following 20 users say thank you to x iJB x for this useful post:

Adam West, Anthony, Assassin, Bama205, BuffaloBooker, Camaro, dela_tiges12, GoonerSam, Hondarydr, ILuZzONz, J_MAN, jakerad95, Laney, LEzStarz, Lucy Pinder, Mr Grumpy, Mr. Bean, Rokiz, uyi, xMo

The following 2 users groaned at x iJB x for this awful post:

Gaia, NJN
08-30-2011, 11:46 AM #20
This is considered news?
08-30-2011, 12:24 PM #21
GangstaCupcake1
HELLO FRIEND Happy
These are some sweet keys :y:
But I tried the ALT + F6 one and it don't work :(
08-30-2011, 12:31 PM #22
Laney
Ex-Staff
Originally posted by .Rush. View Post
Our school does a good job of filtering out and blocking that stuff. That would be funny to do as well though. Happy

as does ours, I used to have a USB loaded with it all :p
08-30-2011, 01:12 PM #23
Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
I knew four of them but I didn't know there were so many Happy

me neither
08-30-2011, 01:22 PM #24
NJN
I sat on your nachos
this is a pretty shitty post for a reporter

The following user groaned NJN for this awful post:

Assassin
08-30-2011, 02:25 PM #25
anddrew
League Champion
Originally posted by AlphasButtcheek View Post

Windows Key + L

Locks your computer quickly! Great if you need to go out the room but have a nosy sibling.

Shift + Delete

Use this on any file and you'll permanently delete it - no recycle bin, no nothing. Gone!
[/FONT]

Windows Key + L = hell'a useful! I never leave my computer logged in

Shift + Delete = That isn't true I don't think, nothing is ever deleted properly.
All it does is skip the recycle bin and goes to the place where things deleted from the recycle bin go.

When a file is deleted from your computer, its contents aren't immediately destroyed. Windows simply marks the hard drive space as being available for use by changing one character in the file table. If you manage to start an undelete process before Windows overwrites that part of hard disk with new files. You can set that flag back to "on" and get your file.
08-30-2011, 03:41 PM #26
The lock one is cool, thanks
08-30-2011, 06:27 PM #27
chitongue
Do a barrel roll!
nice list! i didn't know most of those to be honest.

i like to mess with coworkers by using ctrl + alt and one of the arrows... try it if you don't know what it does lol.
08-30-2011, 08:56 PM #28
[wt]Will-S
Double Time
Thanks i knew some of them .

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo