04-01-2010, 03:29 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Today, Sony has released a their patch 3.21 which has unfortunately removed the "Other OS" function due to security issues, which you probably know as GeoHotz hypervisor hack. GeoHotz responded by saying not to update your firmware, and someone on another forum posted a method so that an update is not needed. And this is the process:

• Go onto the XMB on the start up screen.
  • Go to Network Settings and select Internet Connection Settings.
  • Click Custom > [any option] > [any option] > Manual.
  • For you IP address, you may want to go to your router webpage to find out this remaining info, but for the primary DNS you need to put 67.202.81.137 which should trick the PS3 into thinking you're fully updated.
  • Choose your settings from here on.

Now you should be able to sign in and play games.

This is how the hack was done:

Originally posted by Aaron
I configured BIND to point *.ps3.update.playstation.net to the same IP, and configured my lighttpd to serve a custom updatelist.txt file for all regions that tells the PS3 it's up-to-date.

And there you have it. There is a minor downfall though. Some discs may become unreadable without this firmware but I can only see that happening with future games and my guess is that GeoHotz will find something revolutionary before that point anyway.

Original post: You must login or register to view this content.

Youtube Video Tutorial:

[ws]HAIlpz-Ftkw[/ws]
Last edited by JimErased ; 04-02-2010 at 10:56 AM.

The following 20 users say thank you to JimErased for this useful post:

Ronye West, Antiaverage, AtlasK, Cpt.S, DaenerysTargy, Doctor Stan, DSx, Fletcher, FourzerotwoFAILS, GetDeleted -_-, HackStreak, HSx9, Lucky7, MrBelfast, ONEster, patastinky, Sert, Samberg, Tons, xScarsii
04-01-2010, 08:25 PM #20
I did it for the hell of it took like 5secs.
04-01-2010, 08:30 PM #21
ty it helped me
04-01-2010, 08:37 PM #22
G00N
Kobe > Lebron
No it dosnt prevent hacking games this is the system update, not the game update, i just did prestige hack last night right after i updated.
04-01-2010, 08:38 PM #23
AgentDragonPig
BLoODz-DrAgOn
I already updated cuz i dont think im gonma be usin Other OS soooo. Happy
04-01-2010, 08:55 PM #24
GetDeleted -_-
- Former TACOTIME77 -
Originally posted by DrAgOn View Post
I already updated cuz i dont think im gonma be usin Other OS soooo. Happy

GeoHots is making a CFW. The PS3 is going to end up like the PSP was. Completely hacked. GeoHots is only making a CFW to have 3.21 and Other OS, but people will start making new CFW's to hack and the piracy and iso modding begins =)
04-01-2010, 08:57 PM #25
ONEster
I’m too L33T
Hey guys, I have a quick question. Will it mess up my DMZ set up if I change the primary DNS to this?
04-01-2010, 09:16 PM #26
Originally posted by John
I think system restore puts it to the version that it had in the store.

yes system restore puts it back to the FW that was on the console when it got released from the manufacture, depending on the year/month that could be anything upto 3.00.
04-01-2010, 09:28 PM #27
Originally posted by chris2k7beers View Post
yes system restore puts it back to the FW that was on the console when it got released from the manufacture, depending on the year/month that could be anything upto 3.00.

Hm, mine came with 2.9 something and I bought it like 2-3 months ago because my fat one broke.
04-01-2010, 09:52 PM #28
Shootprado
Newton Nation 1
damn i already updated

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo