01-09-2011, 02:44 AM #1
CLM
[b]They say sorry Mr. West is..[/b]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Geohot Releases PS3 3.55 Jailbreak

You must login or register to view this content.

The highly anticipated wait is over. Geohot has finally released his jailbreak. Check it out here:

Originally posted by another user

He states that old homebrew will not work
new homebrew signing tools coming soon.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by CLM ; 01-09-2011 at 02:48 AM.

The following 21 users say thank you to CLM for this useful post:

af12314, almousawi, AndrewPS3, BooshMayne, dela_tiges12, delagious, DVNModz.com, EuanBlondin_x, Extrazior, II-TMP-II, iSergeant-Adam, Kill_tony485, Martins59, MikeyCapp, NanuGama, NJN, Reaper, SAMCRO, Solid Snake, w8t4it
01-09-2011, 12:01 PM #47
REZNET \|/
The Land Of The Lost.....
look everyone i know is scared cause the LV2 might brick the console or might not if it is your pretty much ****ed so i think you guys should resort back to legit firmware then download geohotz then do the LV2 cause trusting the CFW you guys hard for a week now im serious this could serious do some damage.
01-09-2011, 12:08 PM #48
manster
League Champion

:carling:
01-09-2011, 12:10 PM #49
Martins59
Do a barrel roll!
"After the announcement of hackers on the codes of the PlayStation 3 and the possibility of creating homemade programs - so-called homebrew - Sony finally ruled on the case. According to interview with Edge magazine, the company is already taking the necessary steps to prevent the island suffered the attack of pirates.

The company said it is aware of published information on the Internet (including the recent video showing a slim PS3 with firmware already running homebrews 3.55) and now preparing for system updates to fix any flaws found. However, in the case of security issues, nothing further could be said."

Well guys, I'm not understandin what's going on... I don't have jailbreak or anything like that, can I start playing games with this new cfw? What about backup manager?
01-09-2011, 12:17 PM #50
I loled at you sig :carling:
01-09-2011, 12:43 PM #51
Martins59
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Carbon0x View Post
I loled at you sig :carling:

You did, I like people like you, maybe you question yourself too but staying ignorant is better, right? Answer or stfu.
01-09-2011, 01:15 PM #52
Originally posted by SPACExxC0WBOI View Post
has anyone tried it?

I've done it, it works but, i got it from PS news on the thread that was out before this one you'll find it easily its a link to playstation news

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Originally posted by Martins59 View Post
"After the announcement of hackers on the codes of the PlayStation 3 and the possibility of creating homemade programs - so-called homebrew - Sony finally ruled on the case. According to interview with Edge magazine, the company is already taking the necessary steps to prevent the island suffered the attack of pirates.

The company said it is aware of published information on the Internet (including the recent video showing a slim PS3 with firmware already running homebrews 3.55) and now preparing for system updates to fix any flaws found. However, in the case of security issues, nothing further could be said."

Well guys, I'm not understandin what's going on... I don't have jailbreak or anything like that, can I start playing games with this new cfw? What about backup manager?

You can't use back up manager with this but it is a jailbreak there's supposed to be a patch coming out today for it Dancing
01-09-2011, 01:54 PM #53
Martins59
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by ILuZzONz View Post
I've done it, it works but, i got it from PS news on the thread that was out before this one you'll find it easily its a link to playstation news

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

You can't use back up manager with this but it is a jailbreak there's supposed to be a patch coming out today for it Dancing

What if sony didn't patch this?

I mean, a 3.55 backup manager would be released and blah blah blah

In the last 2 weeks hackers proved that CFW if possible, with that said, I can see a patch coming today or tomorrow, another CFW lauch and a backup manager! This would be awesome Happy
01-09-2011, 02:27 PM #54
HissyHacKz
Save Point
Originally posted by SPACExxC0WBOI View Post
has anyone tried it?

Yes And its Works Perfict !
01-09-2011, 02:29 PM #55
erm i've done the jailbreak but everytime i do it it doesn't say install package files even though it downloads the 3.55-jb file and beeps 3 times then turns the system off, i then turn it back on and nothing has changed?

Help please :/

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo