Post: Sony Issues Official Statement - Ban Waves Are Inbound
02-17-2011, 04:03 AM #1
Reaper
The Grim Reaper
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

After many of months of users Jailbreaking there Ps3's systems and after many firmware updates. And with scene developers with lawsuits filed and websites getting take down notices, well it is about time for the men to take a step in with some action.

Today Sony Sony Computer Entertainment released the following statement below:
Originally posted by another user
Notice: Unauthorized circumvention devices for the PlayStation 3 system have been recently released by hackers. These devices permit the use of unauthorized or pirated software. Use of such devices or software violates the terms of the “System Software License Agreement for the PlayStation 3 System” and the “Terms of Services and User Agreement” for the PlayStation Network/Qriocity and its Community Code of Conduct provisions. Violation of the System Software Licence Agreement for the PlayStation 3 System invalidates the consumer guarantee for that system. In addition, copying or playing pirated software is a violation of International Copyright Laws. Consumers using circumvention devices or running unauthorized or pirated software will have access to the PlayStation Network and access to Qriocity services through PlayStation 3 system terminated permanently.

To avoid this, consumers must immediately cease use and remove all circumvention devices and delete all unauthorized or pirated software from their PlayStation 3 systems.

Now your thinking what does this mean to you?
Circumvention devices and game piracy damage our industry and can potentially injure the online experience for you, our loyal PlayStation customers, via hacks and cheats.

Many PlayStation.Blog readers have asked how we intend to deal with these incidents that they have been reading about in the gaming press, and this is our initial response.

By identifying PlayStation 3 systems that breach our guidelines and terminating their ability to connect to PlayStation Network, we are protecting our business and preserving the honest gameplay experiences that you expect and deserve.

Rest assured, this message does not apply to the overwhelming majority of our users who enjoy the world of entertainment PlayStation 3 has to offer without breaching the guidelines detailed above, and we urge you to continue doing so without fear.

Some Ps3's user's are already getting banned as you can see by this statement by my Bud Schaff.
In light of all the recent hacking issues that have plagued the PlayStation 3, Sony has began to defend its console to a much greater extent. With Sony recently having sued PS3 hacker GeoHot, it’s clear to hackers that Sony is no longer fooling around when it comes to messing with their console.
Users who have tried to bypass the PlayStation Network login have found that their accounts have been banned. According to those who understand the hack, it has to do with forcing a login certificate in a way that makes the console’s DNS addresses to assume everything is operating normally. However, users using this technique were quickly banned, receiving the following message:

“You cannot use the PlayStation Network with this account (8002a227)”

The reasoning behind these bans is still open to speculation, granted the bans could be for two primary reasons: Attempting to bypass the console’s security, and attempting to use pirated software. Either way, this is the moment many PS3 gamers have been waiting for; the moment when Sony finally decides to take action.

It did not take long for thousand's to receive emails about this. I'm sure it will not be long until Sony starts to break out Microsoft Banning styles.

Here is just a Quick Picture of the Email I received on Yahoo.

Source: You must login or register to view this content. & You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Reaper ; 02-17-2011 at 04:21 AM.

The following 27 users say thank you to Reaper for this useful post:

-Syed-, badiban, cacher, ChynkBud, Connor, Crunk, D3V, Devilreapr, drunkenrepublicn, Extractz92, ghost1018, gopher517, helpmeoprah, Justin, kart0on15, Light Bringer, MarioDaKid, Meow, Post Count, Spraze, TheFuture, ThirdCoast, Tony_xMUFCx, TrippyHD, TurboD16, weedsmoka843, xNinjaMoDz
02-17-2011, 04:12 AM #2
Rowdy
Banned
so do we delete out homebrew / cfw or is it too late they have who did what
02-17-2011, 04:13 AM #3
schaffinosx
To and fro the island.
I only skimmed over this article, but the Sony has already begun to dish out the bans, something I assume you didn't know given the title "Ban Waves COULD Come".

----

In light of all the recent hacking issues that have plagued the PlayStation 3, Sony has began to defend its console to a much greater extent. With Sony recently having sued PS3 hacker GeoHot, it’s clear to hackers that Sony is no longer fooling around when it comes to messing with their console.
Users who have tried to bypass the PlayStation Network login have found that their accounts have been banned. According to those who understand the hack, it has to do with forcing a login certificate in a way that makes the console’s DNS addresses to assume everything is operating normally. However, users using this technique were quickly banned, receiving the following message:

“You cannot use the PlayStation Network with this account (8002a227)”

The reasoning behind these bans is still open to speculation, granted the bans could be for two primary reasons: Attempting to bypass the console’s security, and attempting to use pirated software. Either way, this is the moment many PS3 gamers have been waiting for; the moment when Sony finally decides to take action.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.

(Yes, I wrote the article I'm sourcing.)

The following 4 users say thank you to schaffinosx for this useful post:

Como, Extrazior, Meow, Reaper
02-17-2011, 04:15 AM #4
Reaper
The Grim Reaper
Originally posted by Schaff View Post
I only skimmed over this article, but the Sony has already begun to dish out the bans, something I assume you didn't know given the title "Ban Waves COULD Come".

----

Source: You must login or register to view this content.

(Yes, I wrote the article I'm sourcing.)

Why thank you Schaffin. I just wanted to Post this news to get it out there to let people know. Is it ok if I add that to the thread?
02-17-2011, 04:16 AM #5
schaffinosx
To and fro the island.
Originally posted by Reaper View Post
Why thank you Schaffin. I just wanted to Post this news to get it out there to let people know. Is it ok if I add that to the thread?

Yeah go right ahead. If anything I'm just supporting your article, as this proves that your prediction was right. Drinking Coffee
02-17-2011, 04:20 AM #6
Rowdy
Banned
well i tried the bypass but it didnt work so im kinda happy ( or lucky )
02-17-2011, 04:23 AM #7
Meow
Former Staff
Thank you for getting the news out :y:. Didn't hear about it till now.
02-17-2011, 04:33 AM #8
Default Avatar
Sync
thanks reaper :y:
i guess we knew this was gonna come sooner or later Eek
02-17-2011, 04:46 AM #9
Saucy-_-
Red Wing's For Life!!!
Im safe now lol
02-17-2011, 04:58 AM #10
RavagedBoom
Sing My Guitar