Post: Sony Issues Official Statement - Ban Waves Are Inbound
02-17-2011, 04:03 AM #1
Reaper
The Grim Reaper
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

After many of months of users Jailbreaking there Ps3's systems and after many firmware updates. And with scene developers with lawsuits filed and websites getting take down notices, well it is about time for the men to take a step in with some action.

Today Sony Sony Computer Entertainment released the following statement below:
Originally posted by another user
Notice: Unauthorized circumvention devices for the PlayStation 3 system have been recently released by hackers. These devices permit the use of unauthorized or pirated software. Use of such devices or software violates the terms of the “System Software License Agreement for the PlayStation 3 System” and the “Terms of Services and User Agreement” for the PlayStation Network/Qriocity and its Community Code of Conduct provisions. Violation of the System Software Licence Agreement for the PlayStation 3 System invalidates the consumer guarantee for that system. In addition, copying or playing pirated software is a violation of International Copyright Laws. Consumers using circumvention devices or running unauthorized or pirated software will have access to the PlayStation Network and access to Qriocity services through PlayStation 3 system terminated permanently.

To avoid this, consumers must immediately cease use and remove all circumvention devices and delete all unauthorized or pirated software from their PlayStation 3 systems.

Now your thinking what does this mean to you?
Circumvention devices and game piracy damage our industry and can potentially injure the online experience for you, our loyal PlayStation customers, via hacks and cheats.

Many PlayStation.Blog readers have asked how we intend to deal with these incidents that they have been reading about in the gaming press, and this is our initial response.

By identifying PlayStation 3 systems that breach our guidelines and terminating their ability to connect to PlayStation Network, we are protecting our business and preserving the honest gameplay experiences that you expect and deserve.

Rest assured, this message does not apply to the overwhelming majority of our users who enjoy the world of entertainment PlayStation 3 has to offer without breaching the guidelines detailed above, and we urge you to continue doing so without fear.

Some Ps3's user's are already getting banned as you can see by this statement by my Bud Schaff.
In light of all the recent hacking issues that have plagued the PlayStation 3, Sony has began to defend its console to a much greater extent. With Sony recently having sued PS3 hacker GeoHot, it’s clear to hackers that Sony is no longer fooling around when it comes to messing with their console.
Users who have tried to bypass the PlayStation Network login have found that their accounts have been banned. According to those who understand the hack, it has to do with forcing a login certificate in a way that makes the console’s DNS addresses to assume everything is operating normally. However, users using this technique were quickly banned, receiving the following message:

“You cannot use the PlayStation Network with this account (8002a227)”

The reasoning behind these bans is still open to speculation, granted the bans could be for two primary reasons: Attempting to bypass the console’s security, and attempting to use pirated software. Either way, this is the moment many PS3 gamers have been waiting for; the moment when Sony finally decides to take action.

It did not take long for thousand's to receive emails about this. I'm sure it will not be long until Sony starts to break out Microsoft Banning styles.

Here is just a Quick Picture of the Email I received on Yahoo.

Source: You must login or register to view this content. & You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Reaper ; 02-17-2011 at 04:21 AM.

The following 27 users say thank you to Reaper for this useful post:

-Syed-, badiban, cacher, ChynkBud, Connor, Crunk, D3V, Devilreapr, drunkenrepublicn, Extractz92, ghost1018, gopher517, helpmeoprah, Justin, kart0on15, Light Bringer, MarioDaKid, Meow, Post Count, Spraze, TheFuture, ThirdCoast, Tony_xMUFCx, TrippyHD, TurboD16, weedsmoka843, xNinjaMoDz
02-18-2011, 10:00 PM #65
Crazy stuff . I didn't get the email to any of my accounts. Guess im safe for now.
02-18-2011, 10:08 PM #66
lilnik_fc
I am error
Originally posted by Dr.
No they won't. The only thing which will get you banned is if you play/downloaded pirated (backed up) games. If you only did it to host lobbies or stuff along those lines, then just so long as if you've deleted blackb0x, etc you'll be fine.

This is for everyone to read:[/i]
If you did NOT recieve an email from Sony between 15th and 18th February 2011, then you SHOULD be fine and you shouldn't get banned.

If you have had an email from Sony, they will be monitoring you as they suspect you have backed up games or bypassed.
If you have had an email from Sony, the best thing to do, is NOT to go online with that PS3, this will ensure Sony that they believe you are innocent, if you have already been banned, the best advice I can give, is to contact Sony ASAP, all you need to say is that you did not know what it would do (or act like a dumbass - both ways will work). If that doesn't work, just hack the PS3 further, after all - what have you got to lose?

Thanks and enjoy.

thanks man cheers
02-18-2011, 10:35 PM #67
Teh Jack
Teh Jack
Done what u said deleted the Home brew apps thanks
02-19-2011, 02:18 AM #68
Hakon
Ettore Bugatti
I did not get the mail =D
02-19-2011, 02:22 AM #69
Det0x
Pimpin 24/7
Originally posted by Reaper View Post

After many of months of users Jailbreaking there Ps3's systems and after many firmware updates. And with scene developers with lawsuits filed and websites getting take down notices, well it is about time for the men to take a step in with some action.

Today Sony Sony Computer Entertainment released the following statement below:

Now your thinking what does this mean to you?

Some Ps3's user's are already getting banned as you can see by this statement by my Bud Schaff.

It did not take long for thousand's to receive emails about this. I'm sure it will not be long until Sony starts to break out Microsoft Banning styles.

Here is just a Quick Picture of the Email I received on Yahoo.

Source: You must login or register to view this content. & You must login or register to view this content.

so um will they ban peole that JB'ed their ps3 a while ago or just the people that are and are bypassing that update? cause when we get new updates that wipes the slate CLEAN :O
02-19-2011, 03:22 AM #70
if you hacked mw2 do u get banned?
02-19-2011, 03:42 AM #71
xMo
League Champion
dddddddddddddddd
02-19-2011, 05:03 AM #72
killerFBI123
Do a barrel roll!
i got the best patch i could get then updated to 3.56 and erased all my homebrew,AND STILL GOT THE DAMN EMAIL! No
02-19-2011, 12:31 PM #73
Josh
League Champion
Originally posted by killerFBI123 View Post
i got the best patch i could get then updated to 3.56 and erased all my homebrew,AND STILL GOT THE DAMN EMAIL! No

When you updated it, you probably didn't get rid of all the homebrew HISTORY. If you still had that, then they can easily trace you back.

The email doesn't neccessarily mean you're going to get banned, it just means you have an extremely high risk of being banned.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo